• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Well duh. I was just going for the cool crew that posts in Android-GAF.

I get that it's a different beast for the rest of the world. :p

Well yea, but then if you didn't have all those layers and services you wouldn't need an octacore processor and could get even better battery life for a cheaper price and not suffer in performance

A phone that powerful should not lag like it does

Nicktendo86

Well yea, but then if you didn't have all those layers and services you wouldn't need an octacore processor and could get even better battery life for a cheaper price and not suffer in performance

A phone that powerful should not lag like it does
I've not seen the video leak, is the lag really that bad?

Outside of Note users who want the S-Pen stuff don't most all of us install CyanogenMod (or some off shoot) anyways?

Honestly if you're just going to install CyanogenMod on the thing most of all the phones in the US will be very similar anyways. They'll all have probably the S600, 2 gigs of RAM, and a similar Camera. It'll just be down to little features like if you have to have an SD Card Slot or if say the design aesthetics sway you.

It's very much like last year where the One X, GS3, Atrix HD, Razr HD etc... were all basically the same phone hardware wise.
I'd say the battery is a notable difference, if the screen really is noticeably more efficient then it could be much better than the other phones out, save the inevitable motorola one.

the video leak is a prototype

The announcement and inevitable disappointment for the X phone won't arrive until months from now, and then knowing google, the botched release won't happen until a month or 2 after that!

That's why if you have an upgrade you use it on the S4 which will be the most in-demand phone. Then if the X phone impresses you can easily sell the S4 and get it.

tino

Banned
Get the S4. It fixes the problem of S3, being butt ugly. Don't waste time compare the skins and launchers. Flash a different rom.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Typical new phone hype.
e5YuU.gif

Toki767

I still feel like HTC coming up with their own button layout was just suicide. They need to either do what the Nexus and other phones do now with software keys or do what Samsung does and have a menu, home, and back key. Their phones aren't popular enough to where they can make people get used to a new button layout.

buhdeh

I'd probably go for the One or ZL if the Nexus 4 didn't exist. Power button on top is still the dumbest thing ever for a phone this size.

I'd probably go for the One or ZL if the Nexus 4 didn't exist. Power button on top is still the dumbest thing ever for a phone this size.
I think that's what bothers me most about the One. I don't care if they built the IR blaster into it, it's just dumb to have it there.

Anyway I'm still at S4 or ZL. ZL for size + good dev support that will come. S4 for battery + also good dev support but bad size. I'll probably crumble to the one that doesn't dick canada around too much.

gcubed

Why does this make sense? :(

you will be able to maximize your profit with an S4 because it will be in demand. If the X phone is google's next nexus phone that will be sold reasonably priced on the play store, you should be able to make a profit if you end up deciding to go that route

you will be able to maximize your profit with an S4 because it will be in demand. If the X phone is google's next nexus phone that will be sold reasonably priced on the play store, you should be able to make a profit if you end up deciding to go that route
exactly, I should have mentioned that the plan is contingent on a decent price point of around 400-450 on the play store. You should be able to cover that and then some by selling an S4.

not bad at all. Samsung does have good processing for their camera so I was never worried on that front. That's something Sony and HTC need to step up.

Can't stand the s3ish look, guess I can always sell that when the one gets rooted if the X disappoints.
we still don't know if that prototype is indeed the final look. Won't be long till we find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom