• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
so for a few seconds i was here thinking about how Samsung used S and Smart for stuff.. S Beam, Smart Stay, etc... and was thinking .. well, duh, S = Samsung! and then i thought... why does LG use Q? QSlide, QRemote? is that a James Bond reference?

tino

Banned
I get excited for any notable hardware release, even ones I don't plan on getting. Though I'm actually seriously considering the S4.

And also it is pretty interesting. We have no clue what will be the case LCD vs OLED, release dates, and whatever else. I like seeing what from all the rumours shakes out.

I couldn't care less about the LCD vs AMOLED debate.

I still can't get over the fact that Google is going to kill Reader. This is the first time a tech news affected me personally. Fuck Google. Seriously.

I think I know how all the WebOS fans must've felt. :(

Ocho

So... should I switch to feedly

I think feedly feeds from Google Reader.

I still can't get over the fact that Google is going to kill Reader. This is the first time a tech news affected me personally. Fuck Google. Seriously.

I think I know how all the WebOS fans must've felt. :(

I feel you, man. I have high hopes the backlash from this announcement will fix things up.

The HTC Sense 5 app drawer: Making simple complicated

If there's one feature of HTC's new Sense 5 that's taken us extra time to get used to, it's the new app drawer. HTC's attempt to simplify things has, in fact, made them more complicated. That's partly due to the new home screen scheme, with BlinkFeed anchored to the far left at all times (even if you never use it). It's also partly due to the app drawer itself.

That's not to say it's without some interesting new features. But they almost seem forced together in a way that makes sense once you're familiar with them. Good luck explaining all this to a first-time Android user, though.

We'll explain.
http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-sense-5-app-drawer-making-simple-complicated

more nonsense from high tech computer corp.

kehs

Banned
brot....

Its RSS with data sync. There will be alternatives in like two hours. It wasn't anything special. Its like getting mad if kia stopped making cars.

giga

brot....

Its RSS with data sync. There will be alternatives in like two hours. It wasn't anything special. Its like getting mad kia stopped making cars.
The alternatives need wide ranging support from third party developers. That's not guaranteed. Google Reader was ubiquitous in that regard.

kinggroin

Banned
I cant help but feel like people complaining about RSS are still using alphanumeric pagers.

I'll quite the water works if you can offer a good alternative, mengbro. Something with a scrollable widget that displays more than a couple stories at once.

Less fluff the better :)

And my 2003 kia sedona has been fantastic!

kehs

Banned
I'll quite the water works if you can offer a good alternative, mengbro. Something with a scrollable widget that displays more than a couple stories at once.

Less fluff the better :)

I'll have to find my time machine and go to 1994 when RSS was a big deal.

kehs

Banned
Sorry brot I really don't understand the RSS love, let alone the titty attacks over a webapp that is so simplistic to rebuild.

Especially since its so easy to takeout your data from reader to bring with you.

giga

Also, Feedly is planning to clone the API, so all your third party apps will continue to function seamlessly.

http://blog.feedly.com/2013/03/14/google-reader/
Are they going to open the API to others? I don't care for the feedly UI/apps. I just need an online syncing service that works with my third party apps.

Looks like yes. Let's see if they get it done before July and Reeder integrates it.

PDix+

Talon

I cant help but feel like people complaining about RSS are still using alphanumeric pagers.
Not my fault you hate reading domestic, foreign policy, tech, and food content in a personally curated medium that doesn't have someone else trying to guess what I like to read.

kehs

Banned
Not my fault you hate reading domestic, foreign policy, tech, and food content in a personally curated medium that doesn't have someone else trying to guess what I like to read.

I love doing that....and yet I don't use reader!

Am I a wizard?

Lol brett

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm liking g+ more and more, it's interesting to interact with crazy people you've never met.

Like gaf without stagnation.

The last time I mistakenly clicked on the google + link, you and garry whitta were the only ones posting. Is Whitta still active? lol. Its such a stupid and worthless service, why didn't they ax that garbage instead?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The last time I mistakenly clicked on the google + link, you and garry whitta were the only ones posting. Is Whitta still active? lol. Its such a stupid and worthless service, why didn't they ax that garbage instead?

Hey now, G+ is awesome. I mean, not so much for the social networking aspect, I couldn't care less about that. But all the ancillary features are quite excellent.

kehs

Banned

Haha, I'm not really following too many gaffers anymore.

I like it, but I can see why people won't want to be all exposed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom