• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronox

Banned
many newer devices have their filesystems partitioned differently and have the entire leftover space available for apps and data. it's something that could have been done by the OEM when upgrading to ICS, but with an increased chance of data loss during upgrades. that solution presents its own set of issues though.

I'm willing to flash/reset my phone to get this fixed, it's been a thorn in my side. If I reset and start from android 4 would the partition be gone?

Large games only take up small amount of app space.For example Real Racing used 15mb and then the rest of the 1gb data is on the "usb space".

It's not a problem at all. Try to use up the remaining 600mb and come back and talk to me. you can't.

Ah but I have, all the time. To the point where trying to update a 10 mb app wouldn't work since I was out of "device memory."

Remember I was complaining about the messaging app and how it looks like someone who just learned how to program apps made it. Well they finally fixed that lol. Samsung reads my posts.

Talon

Remember I was complaining about the messaging app and how it looks like someone who just learned how to program apps made it. Well they finally fixed that lol. Samsung reads my posts.
Just proves that some things are too ugly even for Samsung.

Unless they're icons.

Just proves that some things are too ugly even for Samsung.

Unless they're icons.
honestly I'm blown away they let that shit slide for the S3. It actually looked horrible. Now it looks like a normal, easy on the eyes pleasant app. The icon still sucks though, so you got that right. There should be a way to replace icons without rotting just for Samsung.

Talon

Google services stealing data arw so horrible they should go away until they take away stuff you want.

/neogaf
More like.

"Google services exist to take customer data, what is this horseshit closing a service that's a great way to tap into user tastes?"

Fatalah

2013031400084702503.jpg

Hello S4.

tino

Banned
I'm willing to flash/reset my phone to get this fixed, it's been a thorn in my side. If I reset and start from android 4 would the partition be gone?

Ah but I have, all the time. To the point where trying to update a 10 mb app wouldn't work since I was out of "device memory."

Use Titanium backup to backup and uninstall all Samsung apps.

VanWinkle

The Chinese text stated the rim is plastic that made to look and feel like brushed metal.

Oh geesh, lol. Figures. It looked a lot more like metal than the S3's rim so that's why I thought it was.

How come the website linked says "Stainless Steel Band"?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I haven't used Reader in a year. Currents imported all my feeds and now with the shitty widget, I don't have to open the actual app.

VanWinkle

They probably don't speak Chinese.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the info.

Are you sure it isn't referring to the S3? Because the "metal" looking part on the S3 is supposed to look like brushed metal, but this one looks more like stainless steel (of course, whether it actually is is a different matter). Not doubting you, just wondering.

tino

Banned
Ah, alright. Thanks for the info.

Are you sure it isn't referring to the S3? Because the "metal" looking part on the S3 is supposed to look like brushed metal, but this one looks more like stainless steel (of course, whether it actually is is a different matter). Not doubting you, just wondering.

Well the Chinese test stated plastic. Just wait till tomorrow.

no, the partitions are set up by the device manufacturer. all you can do is move whatever apps can go on SD to SD. well, there are more options if you're rooted, like forcing apps to SD that normally don't allow it, etc, since many apps will work fine...

Can't wait to get back to having a microSD slot...64GB will finally be plenty enough to keep some games music movies and pictures on the phone

Probably have to get that Appradio 2 installed now too so I can mirror the screen in the car. Should have bought it months ago.

I love the 64 GB microSD in my Note II. I keep 29 GB of music on my phone, which is also my portable music player.

In unrelated news, the free app of the day on Amazon App Store is Osmos HD.

It will indeed be nice...

Not that I hate the cloud... But skip that until I can get a data plan that is actually unlimited. I do try to use WiFi whenever possible but see that's why we have data plans on our phones. Because its not always possible.

I can get a new phone next week (still using an iPhone 4), and I've been reading lots of reviews and previews of all those fancy new phones coming out in the next few weeks.

But the more I read the more I think I will just go with a Nexus 4.

Stock Android, always up to date, clean, good battery life and less expensive.

I can get a new phone next week (still using an iPhone 4), and I've been reading lots of reviews and previews of all those fancy new phones coming out in the next few weeks.

But the more I read the more I think I will just go with a Nexus 4.

Stock Android, always up to date, clean, good battery life and less expensive.

$249 is more expensive than most of these phones will be on contract, though. Right?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Life's Good!

NEVER FORGET!

piXiC3Ol.jpg

Yep, I was about to bring this up. I remember when many people, myself included, thought Samsung was using brushed metal on that phone, turned out to be plastic. Even the blog post at the official WP blog called the rim metal, so Samsung at least does a good job of making that fake metal plastic look and feel metallic.

gcubed

so the feature "leak" from China. I'll give them credit, Samsung takes pride in packing their phone full of gimmicks and useless features/gestures

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
so the feature "leak" from China. I'll give them credit, Samsung takes pride in packing their phone full of gimmicks and useless features/gestures

Outside of Note users who want the S-Pen stuff don't most all of us install CyanogenMod (or some off shoot) anyways?

Honestly if you're just going to install CyanogenMod on the thing most of all the phones in the US will be very similar anyways. They'll all have probably the S600, 2 gigs of RAM, and a similar Camera. It'll just be down to little features like if you have to have an SD Card Slot or if say the design aesthetics sway you.

It's very much like last year where the One X, GS3, Atrix HD, Razr HD etc... were all basically the same phone hardware wise.

I won't knock them till I've tried them. I didn't think I would use any of them but I find that I use at least 4 of their "gimmicky" features quite regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom