• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGWORM

I have a quick question.

I'm running JellyTime on my Desire HD and I've synced my e-mail on the phone. But when I get an e-mail it doesn't show a notification, I did enable that in the settings. Also when I get a text message or something the LED that 'belongs' to the charger starts blinking instead of the right LED which is supposed to blink when I get a text.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Tried using a 3rd party app like K-9 Mail?

Amongst the Reader hubbub, I didn't see this news. Fucking Google. Such an untrustworthy company that never has our best interests in mind. Someone explain this one to me. I thought Google was all about open standards.

http://inessential.com/2013/03/15/what_else_google_is_shutting_down

yeah, that was glossed over, but i read somewhere that their CalDAV implementation sucked or something and was a headache to get working if you tried to follow the spec.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Couple things...

I went with the better looking phone last year... Never again.

Who gives a fuck about any features related to touch wiz? That shit will be AOSP'd ASAP.

I mean right? I'd say on the whole that we are more of a custom ROM group. Truth is that the GS4's Dev scene will be like weekend in Vegas and the HTC One's will be like Reno on a Tuesday.
Even if you flash an AOSP ROM, it still won't run that well. Never did for my Note. I mean, yes, it works. As a daily driver, it works. But the implementation isn't perfect. Lots of hiccups and non smoothness.

gcubed

what's a good pdf reader? i bought an ebook for class that is a 200+ pdf file and is there any way to read it more like a kindle book or something? i tried sending it to kindle, but that didn't work, it's completely zoomed out and won't let me change any settings

Ezpdf reader isn't bad. Office Suite Pro has a fantastic PDF reader in it but it's a bit more expensive

Time for LG to break out the lawyers:

gsmarena_001.jpg

The GD880 from 2010!

More nexus 5 rumours:

According to PhoneArena, the Nexus 5 will have a more standard array of hardware that could include a Snapdragon 600 chipset, 5-inch 1080p display, and 2GB of RAM. A juicy 3140 mAh battery would power the show. Most interesting, though, is news that Google and the undisclosed manufacturer of the device have sourced Nikon for camera tech to feature in the Android flagship.

The focus on camera quality wouldn’t be out of left field. Android has long struggled to match wits with the iPhone’s camera capabilities, and as recently as last month Google’s Vic Gundotra said the company was “committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras.”

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sold. Even though I don't think an N5 is coming until this Fall.

I don't think it'll come till the fall either, in which case wont the s600 be a tiny bit outdated by then. When is the s800 coming into the rotation? With the reported improvements for battery life, combine that with a possible 3100mah battery and that would be one of the best on the market.

Zeppu

Have we ever had a Google IO or new Android version where this unified messaging rumour didn't surface in one form or another?

Also, we have more terrible names than babble in the industry.

Man, more than the name being terrible that icon is all sorts of stupid as well.

Yeah, the icon I hate. It's driving the point home that the same thing has been needlessly branded and redistributed multiple times.

Talon

standardizing sms over data would put a massive dent in the wireless provider's profits. Don't see that happening (though it ought to) without a huge fight.
It's already there between WhatsApp and iMessage. I use maybe 40 texts/month despite paying $10/month for texting.

Well, work pays for the bill, so I don't care.

Same. Since iMessage the amount of sms I use decreased greatly. Even though it's part of my plan anyway, but I notice most people I text have iphones.

Groof

I have 10000 free SMS a month and I've sent 16 this month. I use chatting apps almost exclusively these days. SMS are a thing of the past!

SimleuqiR

That really would be a terrible thing to call it.

BABBLE LOL. What's with all the BS sounding rumours about google lately. Someone drop something I can believe!

Google Babbel is such a terrible name I'm more inclined to believe it

Though, Babble does sound like something Google would call it.

They could call it Google Shit Ass Pet Fuckers. Just give me a unified chat/SMS center now.

I would rather they call it "Yada" - Google Yada Yada Yada

tumblr_m0vvpdg3MH1r7ho8io1_400.jpg

This is coming! Googlers admitted last I/O that they had dropped the ball when it came to unedifying their messaging services.

I use Gtalk and Voice for messaging. Just want one app, one inbox for these types of communications.

The things I'm sure will be part of key lime pie or announced at the same time as the new OS. So far we have:

- Multiple accounts (meh)
- Unified Messaging (good, and likely)

What elseeeeeee.

kinggroin

Banned
The things I'm sure will be part of key lime pie or announced at the same time as the new OS. So far we have:

What elseeeeeee.

Update for smooth scrolling chrome released at the same time.

Shit load of camera features, the kind standard on the ONE and GS4.

Updated version:

- Random Camera features (likely, and why not!)
- A chrome that is actually good (perhaps...)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Updated version:

Moar gestures

Updated version:

Game-center equivalent system maybe?

Updated version:

The things I'm sure will probably be part of key lime pie or announced at the same time as the new OS. So far we have:

- Multiple accounts (likely and meh)
- Crazy amount of new gestures (bow to your galaxy overlords)
- Game-center equivalent system maybe? (maybe...)
- Better battery life management of some sort (probably...)

soon we'll have a full checklist google must complete for it to be a satisfactory update.

Bboy AJ

I hope Google gives us an apology because they are a completely untrustworthy company. That's what I really want from KLP.

Zeppu

Remember in IO 2010 or something when they showed off GB they gave us a tease of 'what's coming in the next version'. Some remote playing ability to stream music across devices or some shit?

Whatever happened to that?

Talon

Remember in IO 2010 or something when they showed off GB they gave us a tease of 'what's coming in the next version'. Some remote playing ability to stream music across devices or some shit?

The same thing that happened to the Q.
Or "in six months, most TVs will have Google TV."
Or Andy Rubin's little "Partnership" project to get OEMs to be more consistent about update cycles.

Google being Google.

google talks a lot of shit, I'll add it though.

Updated version:

The things I'm sure will probably be part of key lime pie or announced at the same time as the new OS. So far we have:

- Multiple accounts (likely and meh)
- Crazy amount of new gestures (bow to your galaxy overlords)
- Game-center equivalent system maybe? (maybe...)
- Better battery life management of some sort (probably...)
- Some kind of streaming capabilities (perhaps maybe one day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom