• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you did display a bit of entitlement coming in here (the TMobile threads are the proper place for your particular questions actually) and complaining about how Android is so complicated while showing profound ignorance of this platform and the others you profess to use.
That's me being condescending :p I don't really mean that

Fist bump. I do appreciate the info--and that link you gave was supremely helpful.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Really? I only caught the end of the presentation but what I saw looked good. Certainly better than the Touchwiz and Sense imo.

Is there a dialer and contacts app included with Facebook Home?

It looks good because it is 90% professional quality images of perfectly composed subjects. In real world usage it's going to be all the shitty quality inane photos people put on facebook. Ironically, the professional photography scene seems to be on G+ at the moment because of picasa.

Talon

It looks good because it is 90% professional quality images of perfectly composed subjects. In real world usage it's going to be all the shitty quality inane photos people put on facebook. Ironically, the professional photography scene seems to be on G+ at the moment because of picasa.
I think you meant to write Flickr.

Blackhead

Redarse
Lol, why do you guys use Facebook? I wonder if it's possible to use Home as a regular launcher without an account. And if Chatheads supports MMS...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lol, why do you guys use Facebook? I wonder if it's possible to use Home as a regular launcher without an account. And if Chatheads supports MMS...

Because I have more than 5 friends who aren't all nerds and some of them happen to be of the female persuasion.

SimleuqiR

Gotta say, Google Now (Search) is one killer service from Google. The possibilities are endless.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...date-tracking-mysterious-help-cards-and-more/

Also, Android Police is one heck of a website. Always with the informative articles/post.

"My stuff" is a brand new section that Google neglected to mention in the change log. It houses all of your customized settings for Google Now cards. Here you can edit Places, Sports Teams, and Stocks.

Reminders are set to be the next big feature for Search. There are icons for time and location-based reminders, and another icon for "action reminders," which is a combination of the time and location icons.

nexusae0_Capture_thumb.jpg

You'll be able to specify reminders by date, time, location, and arrival/departure; so "Remind me to buy milk when I leave work tomorrow" will be a possible command soon

I know lots of people who use watsapp at least 15 I am in the UK though.

That facebook home thing looks good no where near as bad as I expected, even better than Touchwiz.

I have a Nexus 4. What's the best app that can stream video uploads?

In scenarios such as where I witness police brutality and they confiscate my phone away. I at least want the video to be uploaded while I'm recording.

Cipherr

What does Facebook Home have to do with Facebook Messenger? That's not the only way to access it.

Gtalk is built in and everyone with an Android phone already has an account for it. How many people do you know use it?

Because Facebook messenger exists right NOW also. And its not in any way some massive messaging juggernaut. You attributing its supposed rise to the heavens is all hinged on FB Home supposedly thrusting it into the spotlight.

Thats what ties those two things together. Messenger is available now, and I know NOONE that uses it. However I know a shitload of people that use the standard text messaging client on Android. When that standard client is replaced with an all in one solution (Babble) it will absolutely have a massive user number. Just by virtue of being the default.

C'mon now, you cannot be serious here.

Gotta say, Google Now (Search) is one killer service from Google. The possibilities are endless.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...date-tracking-mysterious-help-cards-and-more/

Also, Android Police is one heck of a website. Always with the informative articles/post.

nexusae0_Capture_thumb.jpg

Good stuff, hope that stuff ends up in KLP.

SimleuqiR

Side note I need one client to rule them all cause my GF just sent me a FB message GTalk message and a SMS.

That's not gonna stop her.
She just wants to make sure you get the message and don't have an excuse like:

• My Gtalk was offline.
  • I was not signed on FB messenger
  • The tower must have been loaded, didn't get that text honey.

She's just covering her bases. Smart woman. Marriage material.

tino

Banned
There are people within the US that use Whatsapp? The only people I've ever encountered that actively use it were all from India, etc, or have relatives overseas.

I use it to coordinate with small group of coworkers for events/ afterwork parties. It was surprisingly useful. You can group chat like Facebook but you don't have the baggage that comes with Facebook. I am in NY btw.

burnfout

In the Netherlands every single person I know uses whatsapp and almost only that.

No sms, no facebook messenger. People with iPhones do use iMessage though, because its seamless.

I don't see anything changing that either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I use whatsapp to group message. It's fucking amazing for that. Love it.

Wish the default messaging system was like that.

tino

Banned
That HTC Facebook phone spec is pretty lame. They shouldn't charge 100 for it. Its basically an One S.

Facebook would have gotten a lot of good will if they go balls out for the spec. And its really not hard to do. They can get Oppo Five 5 and rebrand it as a Facebook phone. And if they sell a 5" phone for $99 on contract, alot more people would have jumped on board.

This is just same stuff from the previous facebook crap phones. It's not even hack worthy.

whitehawk

Banned
Does anyone know why my Nexus 4 is screwing around? It would recognize any of my video files, and now some of my music files. I just checked with AirDroid and my files are still there. However the video player says there are no videos, while VLC plays them just fine. It was working fine earlier today. Now with music the same thing is happening.

That HTC Facebook phone spec is pretty lame. They shouldn't charge 100 for it. Its basically an One S.

Facebook would have gotten a lot of good will if they go balls out for the spec. And its really not hard to do. They can get Oppo Five 5 and rebrand it as a Facebook phone. And if they sell a 5" phone for $99 on contract, alot more people would have jumped on board.

This is just same stuff from the previous facebook crap phones. It's not even hack worthy.
it's not basically a One S! it has a worse camera (does it have ImageSense? or Ultrapixel?) and better screen. and isn't SD 400 supposed to have better GPU performance than S4 Plus?

tino

Banned
it's not basically a One S! it has a worse camera (does it have ImageSense? or Ultrapixel?) and better screen. and isn't SD 400 supposed to have better GPU performance than S4 Plus?

Well it trades 2012 top tier camera to 2013 mid tier camera, everything else is mid tier. "Basically" an One S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom