• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

I have Gmail 4.3.1 on Galaxy Note. On the system notification screen, I only have the option to swipe to clear a gmail notification, or click on it and go to the mail.

Is you note on Jelly Bean? I think actionable notifications are only available on 4.2 and up, I could be mistaken though.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
samsung-galaxy-mega-handson-review-12-640x424.jpg

Galaxy MEGA hands on review

SIZE
DOES
MATTER

Samsung is apparently making a habit of prototyping their next flagships with a midrange phone release several months before, probably to check manufacturing and supply and also market demand. They released the 5" Galaxy Grand only months before announcing the S4, and now they are releasing the Galaxy Mega only months before they will announce the Note 3. It's possible they may even be studying which size, 5.8" or 6.3", will be more popular before they make the final decision of how big the Note 3 will ultimately be.

Jesus H Corbit, that thing is huge. I still have a slight laugh when I see people use a galaxy note. Can't wait to see someone use this in the wild.

I use my Note II to make phone calls all the time in public. No one even looks at me twice. I think the problem here is you, not us. There are more than 10 million Note II owners and we are all quite happy with our big phones.

It does have an Cortex-A15 dual-core though (Exynos 5250).

The same SoC used in the Nexus 10, I believe.

HildyB

Hey, is there a way to download an app that isn't supported by your phone onto your phone? I'm trying to download Surviving Highschool but it doesn't support the Galaxy Nexus.

Been a while but there is a file on your phone that identifies it as a GN. You can change that to whatever model and it'll let you install what you want. I found it when trying to get Google Wallet to install on my S3 a while back. I'll see if I can find it..

EDIT: this should help get you in the right direction: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2037372 Even though it is to get a phone to register as a Nexus, you can use the idea to change it to something else like maybe a Nexus4 or something not restricting the app you want.

Nicktendo86

I use my Note II to make phone calls all the time in public. No one even looks at me twice. I think the problem here is you, not us. There are more than 10 million Note II owners and we are all quite happy with our big phones.

The same SoC used in the Nexus 10, I believe.
Lol, I wasn't being totally serious. :)

Chinner

Banned
So I've been using SwiftKey for a few days now. I like it but I almost find the predictive text to be too controlling as sometimes it's suggesting different word /grammar use to what I usually use because of my slang or way of taking.

I also find the finger placement to be less forgiving on SwiftKey that it is on swipe.

It's there anyway to change this as I may go back to swipe if not!

gcubed

You mean how they're now separate albums by date? Yeah, that's really fucking annoying. Good thing I use Quick Pic.

yeah, not sure how that passed the sniff test internally.

"Lets take a shitty gallery system and make it even more shitty"
"SOUNDS GOOD BOSS!"

Such is the plight of Android. For all the high quality original apps you find on iOS, you'll find many many chinese knockoff-ish apps that aren't as good in the play store.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Such is the plight of Android. For all the high quality original apps you find on iOS, you'll find many many chinese knockoff-ish apps that aren't as good in the play store.

Really, what I want is Bamboo Paper but that fucking thing is only for Samsung devices.

I'm sure 53 will release Paper for Android sometime, too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
For drawing, sketchbook pro is easily the best app on any platform, especially if you have a pressure sensitive stylus.

VoxPop

Anything equivalent to AwesomeNote on iOS?

Both in terms of functionality and aesthetics. I see theres one called IncredibleNote but seems like a crappy ripoff version.

Heard something about AwesomeNote being ported to the Galaxy Note 8.0

Really, what I want is Bamboo Paper but that fucking thing is only for Samsung devices.

I'm sure 53 will release Paper for Android sometime, too.

you can try sideloading Bamboo Paper. it's a free app and the APK is available...

Anything equivalent to AwesomeNote on iOS?

Both in terms of functionality and aesthetics. I see theres one called IncredibleNote but seems like a crappy ripoff version.

Heard something about AwesomeNote being ported to the Galaxy Note 8.0

the APK for that is out in the wild, but i read that it only works with Galaxy Note phones and tablets.

thespot84

So I've been using SwiftKey for a few days now. I like it but I almost find the predictive text to be too controlling as sometimes it's suggesting different word /grammar use to what I usually use because of my slang or way of taking.

I also find the finger placement to be less forgiving on SwiftKey that it is on swipe.

It does take a little while to 'learn' all your idiosyncrasies, but beyond that, use whatever suits you best

how long have you been using SwiftKey? the predictive text gets better the more you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom