• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
aKvgTAI.png

Groof

Looks really great, though. Hoping for at least something similar to that.

However, in the last screenshot the "3 of 8"'s colour changes to white. Irksome.

Chrome Beta's full-screen browsing is still a pale comparison to AOSP full-screen/quick controls. Just had my N4 and an Xperia T side by side to compare. And I've never realised how shitty the performance of Chrome is. Flicking down the page is a laggy affair compared to buttery smooth AOSP.

Hmph..... :-

SimleuqiR

Chrome Beta's full-screen browsing is still a pale comparison to AOSP full-screen/quick controls. Just had my N4 and an Xperia T side by side to compare. And I've never realised how shitty the performance of Chrome is. Flicking down the page is a laggy affair compared to buttery smooth AOSP.

Hmph..... :-

And the guy in charge of all that Chrome awesomeness is running Android now. Prepare to be AMAZATRON!!

Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth. Let see what happens.

Ocho

It would be cool if I could buy a back plate similar to the s4's design for my Note 2. Don't really like the smoothness of it.

Just found out I'll be able to try an HTC One in person soon yayyy (someone helping test it for a carrier). Not soon like today or tomorrow, but by the end of sunday/monday.

Wazzim

Banned
I have a subscription renewal coming up (June-September) and was wondering what mid-range to high end phone has great battery life?

3phemeral

The gmail 5 is some insane shit. google better offer email deletion on the notification screen.

That last update allows deletion or archival operations via notification (now why can't they have calendar appointment dismissals in the notification screen?). Unless you're referring to something else.

tino

Banned
That last update allows deletion or archival operations via notification (now why can't they have calendar appointment dismissals in the notification screen?). Unless you're referring to something else.

No I said notification screen, not the gmail main screen.

Quick

Banned
Is there a definitive guide on how to install 4.2.2 on a Galaxy S3, or does that not exist at all?

Edit: I guess rooting it in, if that's even the right way of saying it, is what I mean.

Quick

Banned
Do this first.

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-root-sam...ean-umbll1-official-firmware-tutorial-1008726

Download a root check app to make sure it worked after that and.let me know when you're rooted.

You should download the Galaxy S toolkit.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1979290

Makes rooting etc pretty easy. I did it. Tried CM10 for a week but went back to stock. Too many bugs. Maybe its better now.

Thanks guys, wsox's link did the trick with rooting. Root Checker says it's working, too.

I'm downloading the Galaxy S toolkit right now.

jwk94

Hey, is there a way to download an app that isn't supported by your phone onto your phone? I'm trying to download Surviving Highschool but it doesn't support the Galaxy Nexus.

So I am loving the new chrome beta, full screen and compression of web pages. Fix up the performance which is still kind of sluggish on my galaxy nexus and we are sweet I reckon. Having said that performance has improved significantly since it was first released.

Groof

So I am loving the new chrome beta, full screen and compression of web pages. Fix up the performance which is still kind of sluggish on my galaxy nexus and we are sweet I reckon. Having said that performance has improved significantly since it was first released.
Don't forget quick controls!

Doopliss

Don't forget quick controls!

I've used the in-app feedback form to request the addition of these a few times, but I have very little faith in the Chrome team actually adding them. I mean, in the desktop browser they don't even let you have a button for bookmarks unless you display the bookmarks bar. Outside of addons they seem to be really against giving the user customisation options.

Groof

Sometimes I wonder who - Samsung & LG - comes up with these features first. Or rather, how come they always include such similar features. Samsung obviously gets more PR considering they're the bigger company, but I bet LG has had many features Samsung have before them.

I've used the in-app feedback form to request the addition of these a few times, but I have very little faith in the Chrome team actually adding them. I mean, in the desktop browser they don't even let you have a button for bookmarks unless you display the bookmarks bar. Outside of addons they seem to be really against giving the user customisation options.

You gotta keep hoping though, man! If they did something similar with the camera app, who knows if they'll add that in or not. But I guess if they throw in add-ons for Chrome on Android as well, then maybe someone'll make one for quick controls, just like there's probably an add-on for a bookmarks button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom