• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Launched officially in Ireland this morning too. Now if they get books and films sorted too, I'll stop using the US store front.

Google are being huge assholes about region-locking the Play Store recently too. I don't even know why all of a sudden, they didn't give a shit before but now they're all hardcore about it?

Groof

Launched officially in Ireland this morning too. Now if they get books and films sorted too, I'll stop using the US store front.
Still super sad nothing but apps are available here, but with all these new countries getting Music it doesn't feel as far off anymore!

MarkusRJR

Is there any place to purchase the HTC First unlocked online yet? I'm actually really interested in the Facebook Home (and I really love the simple look of the HTC First) now that I have a FB account again, but there's no carriers releasing it up in Canada as of yet.

Groof

I just love the attention to detail Google puts in some of their apps. The latest one being the current tab marker in the new Play Store, which expands and retracts depending on how long/short the tab is. And it does it in a really smooth animation.
Eye candy is the name of the game here, and I love it every time I find something like it. Am I the only one who finds things like this interesting?

Nicktendo86

I just love the attention to detail Google puts in some of their apps. The latest one being the current tab marker in the new Play Store, which expands and retracts depending on how long/short the tab is. And it does it in a really smooth animation.
Eye candy is the name of the game here, and I love it every time I find something like it. Am I the only one who finds things like this interesting?

Yep, the animation when you press the little i button on cards in google now really impresses me as well. They really seem to be making an effort with design, if this sort of look and feel is universal for KLP I will be one happy camper. I could kiss you Duarte.

Groof

Yep, the animation when you press the little i button on cards in google now really impresses me as well. They really seem to be making an effort with design, if this sort of look and feel is universal for KLP I will be one happy camper. I could kiss you Duarte.

Aww yeah that's a great one as well. The tiny design cues started a while back with ICS I think, and they really bring a lot to the experience, more than most people care to notice or even care about. :(

gcubed

Is there any place to purchase the HTC First unlocked online yet? I'm actually really interested in the Facebook Home (and I really love the simple look of the HTC First) now that I have a FB account again, but there's no carriers releasing it up in Canada as of yet.

do you have a semi decent phone? You can probably just put it on your phone in a few days

Oh lol.

To be honest though it's not worth it unless you get it on the First. On other devices it only supports facebook notifications, nothing else.

Unless you guys are gonna tell me that can get fixed too, then i'll shut up lol

buhdeh

How the hell does Canada not have the new store nor Music? Worst thing about Android is that almost nothing works outside of the US. Google Now is far less useful in Canada than it was when I was in LA.

How the hell does Canada not have the new store nor Music? Worst thing about Android is that almost nothing works outside of the US. Google Now is far less useful in Canada than it was when I was in LA.
google still hasn't acknowledged canada is a real life state. Maybe one day they'll even say it out loud in a conference or something.

Angst

Shit, I can't decide if I should get the Note 2 or the S4 as a replacement for my old S2.

S4 - I'll probably install CM10.1 after having it a week or so.
Note 2 - I'm pretty much stuck TW if I want to use the S-pen. I csncan probably live with that though. Battery and dat screen is what's pushing me to the Note.

Shit, I can't decide if I should get the Note 2 or the S4 as a replacement for my old S2.

Note 2 - I'm pretty much stuck TW if I want to use the S-pen. I csncan probably live with that though. Battery and dat screen is what's pushing me to the Note.
note 2 = giant, better battery life, more dev support for the time being
s4 = not giant, good battery though inferior to note 2, 1080p screen, better camera, not as good dev support for the time being since it's not out

just look at what you want more. I say get the S4.

the S Pen works in CM and other AOSP roms. what you don't get are S Note and the other apps that require the TouchWiz Framework and S Pen shortcuts and stuff like launching S Note when you remove the pen, etc, but guess what... there's an app for that.

Angst

note 2 = giant, better battery life, more dev support for the time being
s4 = not giant, good battery though inferior to note 2, 1080p screen, better camera, not as good dev support for the time being since it's not out

just look at what you want more. I say get the S4.

the S Pen works in CM and other AOSP roms. what you don't get are S Note and the other apps that require the TouchWiz Framework and S Pen shortcuts and stuff like launching S Note when you remove the pen, etc, but guess what... there's an app for that.
Hmmm, I'm leaning towards the note actually. Battery is a huge plus and I don't really see the jump from 720p screen to 1080p screen as a deal breaker.

tino

Banned

I would get the S4 or wait for the Note 3.

gcubed

quite a few things work outside of the US, they just forget about the hat

VoxPop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom