• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I really don't understand Chrome. Sometimes it reflows everything, sometimes not but most times it's half and half.

Also why did a long press on a link disappear? Probably only for me too haha. It used to be nice open links in different tabs.

Hieberrr

I really don't understand Chrome. Sometimes it reflows everything, sometimes not but most times it's half and half.

Also why did a long press on a link disappear? Probably only for me too haha. It used to be nice open links in different tabs.
It didn't. It's still there :S

Nicktendo86

I'm still on stock on my Nexus 4. Is CM worth it? Every time I read the XDA threads, there's always some sort of a problem with bugs. I haven't heard anything about battery life, so I'm hoping someone could shine some light on that.
Not sure about the n4 but with my galaxy nexus cm is vital because of the shitty amoled screen. Cm has gamma controls and they make the screen easier to look at without wanting to throw up. I love the features like SMS pop up and quiet hours though.

How the fuck do I get this abomination off my lock screen

I even deleted home.apk

all you do is uninstall Facebook Home. i also got rid of Facebook Messenger too... chat heads were kinda novel tho, gotta admit it...

and now i'm considering dumping the Facebook app for a 3rd party app too, what's a good one.. anyone?

thespot84

Submarino Conversível;53737374 said:

LOL the green phone is the guy from this GIF (can't find the original :/)

0414_a9ue9.gif

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

Quasar

The problem I have with chat shit is everyone's on some different shit. Some people are using SMS, someone is hanging out on GTalk, 2 n00bs are messaging each other in FB, while the "cool" nerds are using whatsapp, and the "cool" regular people are all using iMessage.

Makes it a pain in my @$$.

Messenging/Chat really is a big mess. And I really don't have much hope of that ever changing.

I only use Whatsapp (most of my main friends do) and Gtalk/FB Messenger sometimes when people don't have access to their phones or are at work.

When Whatsapp became a thing, all my friends that I have most contact gravitated towards it. The group chat is a blessing.

I've never owned a smartphone. Looking at S4 vs ONE. How important is storage space to you? (re: ONE's lack of SD slot.) I have no way of gauging this.

LOL @ the Beek commercial. I think that site kind of missed the point; the ad knew exactly how corny it was. I laffed.

Talon

I've never owned a smartphone. Looking at S4 vs ONE. How important is storage space to you? (re: ONE's lack of SD slot.) I have no way of gauging this.
Only if you plan on storing a ton of media on your device.

I stream my music through Spotify or Google Music, so I really only store apps and photos. Never had a problem with space yet.

Groof

LOL @ the Beek commercial. I think that site kind of missed the point; the ad knew exactly how corny it was. I laffed.

Like Talon said, unless you're storing a ton of music and videos on your device, you're fine. I put in a bunch of songs on my N4 (16GB) a while back and ~120ish apps installed and I still have space left. Only reason I have songs on there is because my Spotify sub ran out and I can't be arsed to renew it, but seriously, with all the streaming services that exist you don't need music on there anyway.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Don't forget the One comes with 32 gigs base too.

reKon

Banned
OK chat heads is pretty nice and useful. So far no lag whatsoever. If they were able to let you choose which Facebook contacts and phone numbers to thread together to all be in one place, that would be nice.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you were waiting for the HTC One on Sprint, almost ever store has them in the back and with a little sweet talk, you could get one now.

Guy offered to sell one to me to replace my GS3 yesterday but I'd use up my yearly upgrade for this year. >_>

HTC got Samsung shook?

Weekend Special: Samsung ”worried” about their build quality, Galaxy Note III to have a new design

Our insiders have just sent us some information regarding the Galaxy Note III and its design. It looks like Samsung saw the success of the HTC One and is a bit ”worried” about the design and build quality of their mobile devices. The HTC One is fully made from aluminium, something all Samsung fans would love to see. With the introduction of the Galaxy S4 people started to blame Samsung for using plastic again instead of aluminium / metal. Samsung isn’t worried about the software as according to Samsung their software is better than the one on HTC devices. The simple Nature UX interface by Samsung is easy to use and, thanks to the new smart functions, Samsung’s new interface makes the Galaxy S4 even more smarter.

According to SamMobile’s famous insider, Samsung is planning to switch build quality for the next flagship device. He pointed out that the Galaxy Note III will not use the design guidelines of the Galaxy S4. Samsung expects to sell many Galaxy Note III devices. The Galaxy Note III is rumoured to have a 6.0” FHD AMOLED display, Exynos 5 Octa CPU with LTE, 13 megapixel and the latest version of Android, which could be Android 5.0. The Galaxy Note III will have even more software features than the Galaxy S4. He couldn’t point out the material choice for the Galaxy Note III. He said that Galaxy S4′s metal design was very popular internally but Samsung couldn’t mass-produce it right on time, so it was declined.
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/04/13...quality-galaxy-note-iii-to-have-a-new-design/

Would be funny if true.

I hope the Samsung Galaxy S5/Note 3 is made using unibody machined aluminium with chamfered edges, a non removable battery and no SD card support. Not because I'd want to buy it, just for the forum lulz, rationalization and opinion u-turns that would surely occur.

Good thing that goes against everything Samsung has done to make them into the world's largest seller of smartphones. The people who have delusions about Samsung making a U-turn on the formula which brought them to this unmitigated success are truly insane. Maybe it will be metal instead of plastic, but if you think they will abandon the removable battery and SD card slot then I think you should go to hell and die.

One reason Samsung uses plastic instead of aluminum is because of how much lighter plastic is. I wouldn't mind if they went to magnesium alloy which is more rigid than aluminum (see bending iP5's) and which is also lighter. Samsung should go with the more expensive magnesium alloy just to tell Apple and HTC to go fuck themselves. Knowing Samsung, they could make a phone with magnesium alloy which has a removable battery and an SD card slot, the battery and screen would still be larger, and it would still be thinner and lighter than anything HTC can shit out.

Good thing that goes against everything Samsung has done to make them into the world's largest seller of smartphones. The people who have delusions about Samsung making a U-turn on the formula which brought them to this unmitigated success are truly insane. Maybe it will be metal instead of plastic, but if you think they will abandon the removable battery and SD card slot then I think you should go to hell and die.

He was joking.

One reason Samsung uses plastic instead of aluminum is because of how much lighter plastic is. I wouldn't mind if they went to magnesium alloy which is more rigid than aluminum (see bending iP5's) and which is also lighter. Samsung should go with the more expensive magnesium alloy just to tell Apple and HTC to go fuck themselves.

Wow. I'm quoting this one for posterity.

One reason Samsung uses plastic instead of aluminum is because of how much lighter plastic is. I wouldn't mind if they went to magnesium alloy which is more rigid than aluminum (see bending iP5's) and which is also lighter. Samsung should go with the more expensive magnesium alloy just to tell Apple and HTC to go fuck themselves.

Wow. I'm quoting this one for posterity.

double WOW......serious business ...but oh so hilarious...

Any recommended apps or programs to save a back up of one phone and transfer that back up to another phone?

Titanium Backup or Carbon?

depends on what you do with your handset. i've got a 64GB SDXC in my Note II.

would be TERRIBLE if true!

i might have to switch to LG...

I hope the Samsung Galaxy S5/Note 3 is made using unibody machined aluminium with chamfered edges, a non removable battery and no SD card support. Not because I'd want to buy it, just for the forum lulz, rationalization and opinion u-turns that would surely occur.

real talk. if they did that i would switch to LG or whoever else was still making proper handsets.

Wut lol

All I'm saying is that I don't like the lack of an official desktop management app.

it's called a file explorer.

One reason Samsung uses plastic instead of aluminum is because of how much lighter plastic is. I wouldn't mind if they went to magnesium alloy which is more rigid than aluminum (see bending iP5's) and which is also lighter. Samsung should go with the more expensive magnesium alloy just to tell Apple and HTC to go fuck themselves. Knowing Samsung, they could make a phone with magnesium alloy which has a removable battery and an SD card slot, the battery and screen would still be larger, and it would still be thinner and lighter than anything HTC can shit out.

I'm actually starting to pity you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom