• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damned right it is. Biggest crock of shit selling point in cellphones ever.

They must be raking it in.
is the back of the nexus 4 gorilla glass? I thought only the front was. I was pretty sure the back wasn't. Would explain why the front never shatters yet the back is that fragile.

Am I the only one who reacted at him holding it while driving? Or did I understand that part wrong?
if you look at the car it's an automatic, not manual. Meaning if he was shifting he was probably shifting to reverse or drive to begin driving,meaning he was standing still.

is the back of the nexus 4 gorilla glass? I thought only the front was.

if you look at the car it's an automatic, not manual. Meaning if he was shifting he was probably shifting to reverse or drive to begin driving,meaning he was standing still.

Yeah it is just the front. I didn't even watch the video, i'm just commenting on Gorilla Glass in general. Never have I seen more smashed screens than on Samsung S3's.

Either way, gorilla glass has no chance once that sapphire/diamond/whatever it's called shit becomes mainstream. Because that stuff is truly unbreakable.

f0uqmcd.png
Does anyone have any idea why this pops up at least once a day? When I click it nothing happens. The notification just goes away. How do I get rid of this?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Does anyone have any idea why this pops up at least once a day? When I click it nothing happens. The notification just goes away. How do I get rid of this?
I believe you can press and hold the notification in order to see from which app it came from.

That's what the Nexus 5 is supposedly made out of.
aJBLf.gif

Nexus 5
hopefully the nexus 5 is the bomb. I hope google was serious when they said they plan to focus on battery and camera improvement. Those are the 2 major weaknesses.

3000mah battery minimum, solid camera, 1080p screen, no glass on the back, LTE.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If the back glass is diamond what does it matter? I hope in any case they keep inductive charging (but make the official orb charger cheaper... yeah right, lol.)

Don't forget it'll likely have Android 5.1 too.
aJBLf.gif

But yeah, my Galaxy Nexus has beaten into me that my next phone NEEDS to have a good camera and battery.

I wouldn't mind if motorola did it if only for the battery. And it means it will be 100% googles. But yeah a sony nexus was always something I wanted. As long as it's more like the ZL and not so much the Z size wise.

Less bezel is the future of android.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
All I ask for is at least 32gigs minimum and compatibility with Verizon.

For the next N7, I want better build quality. Aluminum body with a glass screen is preferred but that's a long shot.

reKon

Banned
If the back glass is diamond what does it matter? I hope in any case they keep inductive charging (but make the official orb charger cheaper... yeah right, lol.)

Don't forget it'll likely have Android 5.1 too.
aJBLf.gif

But yeah, my Galaxy Nexus has beaten into me that my next phone NEEDS to have a good camera and battery.

Are you holding out until the next nexus?

Citation needed.
there were only 2 nexus 5 rumours as far as I can remember. 1 of them was a ridiculous pipe dream of everything you can imagine. And the other one was from phone arena which basically said 4.5 inch 720p screen with the front being 88% screen aka very little bezel. Battery will be 2800mah. Camera will be 9mp CCD sensor.

So uhhh yeah. Both rumours seem weird. And by weird I mean bullshit!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't want Verizon compatibility if it means botched updates (which it will, Verizon still has too much clout.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Are you holding out until the next nexus?

I'm holding out for whatever they give away at I/O, lol. Nexus 4, 5, or X Phone -- whatever it is, it'll be an upgrade over my GN 4G.

Would they still be be able to control updates to an unlocked device bought from the play store?

What are you asking?

Every phone needs to go through Verizon to run on their network. I don't believe there's such a thing as an "unlocked" Verizon device.

buhdeh

Ok, am I retarded or does the Samsung S3 keyboard NOT have auto-correct? I google'd and found tons of posts saying they DISABLED auto-correct after the JB update. My GF got an S3 from her iPhone 4 and I'm getting non-stop complaints about Samsung's garbage ass software (no surprise).

Ok, am I retarded or does the Samsung S3 keyboard NOT have auto-correct? I google'd and found tons of posts saying they DISABLED auto-correct after the JB update. My GF got an S3 from her iPhone 4 and I'm getting non-stop complaints about Samsung's garbage ass software (no surprise).
just tell her to ask s voice lolol

buhdeh

Seriously just get her to use swiftkey. Problem solved.

I told her that but for someone who doesn't know shit about technology, it's a hard sell to ask her to pay $3 (yes, yes, it's not much and I even offered to buy it for her) for something that should be BASIC functionality. Seriously, the phone is like unusable out of the box. I warned her about TouchWiz, but nooo....

Best thing was when she asked what the fuck that ugly ass square on her screen was (referring to the stock TouchWiz weather/clock widget pre-installed on the main screen). Who the fuck even uses that hideous thing.

Edit: I switched from SwiftKey to the stock 4.2 keyboard as well. It's great and SwiftKey seems to be getting worse and worse. I don't understand why it can't handle names at all. Try typing Brians and it auto-corrects to Brian when every other keyboard in the world (except Samsung's) would auto-correct it to Brian's.

Groof

I hate it. SwiftKey is a much better keyboard. Word correction and prediction is really good.

The stock keyboard is surprisingly solid and works well most of the time, but it does lack features and word correction could be a lot better. I switched over from SwiftKey to it and I never really regretted it. Now I'm using Kii, though.

The stock keyboard is surprisingly solid and works well most of the time, but it does lack features and word correction could be a lot better. I switched over from SwiftKey to it and I never really regretted it. Now I'm using Kii, though.

The keyboard itself was fine and detected the hits pretty good, but the correction could've been better and sometimes the word prediction didn't make much sense. I also really like that SwiftKey can handle more than one language at the same time, without having to switch between them manually.

Groof

The keyboard itself was fine and detected the hits pretty good, but the correction could've been better and sometimes the word prediction didn't make much sense. I also really like that SwiftKey can handle more than one language at the same time, without having to switch between them manually.

While I do agree on the word correction/prediction part and the multiple language thing, the language switch button on the stock keyboard is a godsend. As someone who uses Asian keyboards a lot, Swiftkey doesn't cut it and there's no fast way to switch to another keyboard from the actual keyboard with Swiftkey. This is why stock/Kii will be above Swiftkey for the time being.
Also Swiftkey's themes are all ugly as shit.

Listen to the background music.

He's playing the Wii U; or more specifically, he's in the shop channel.

Time for some Monster Hunter methinks.
at first I was going to say how the hell you noticed that but then I remembered the wiiU has no games so you probably spend a lot of time listening to the background music of whatever menu :p

<3 SwiftKey

3phemeral

While I do agree on the word correction/prediction part and the multiple language thing, the language switch button on the stock keyboard is a godsend. As someone who uses Asian keyboards a lot, Swiftkey doesn't cut it and there's no fast way to switch to another keyboard from the actual keyboard with Swiftkey. This is why stock/Kii will be above Swiftkey for the time being.
Also Swiftkey's themes are all ugly as shit.
How fast are we talking? because with SwiftKey, I can switch from Thai to English by swiping left or right on my keyboard's spacebar:

Groof

LOL this video is kind of funny. Galaxy S3 vs HTC One audio comparison while recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaL87kEqZ4Y
i'm crying oh my god this is too good

How fast are we talking? because with SwiftKey, I can switch from Thai to English by swiping left or right on my keyboard's spacebar:

No yeah, any language inside of Swiftkey is quick to switch to, but switching to other keyboards can be a hassle. I use Korean and Japanese all the time and Swiftkey's Korean support is shit and doesn't even have Japanese, so I need to constantly switch keyboards. The lack of any sort of quick switch/long press to switch shortcut can get grating when I have to change between conversations.

3phemeral

No yeah, any language inside of Swiftkey is quick to switch to, but switching to other keyboards can be a hassle. I use Korean and Japanese all the time and Swiftkey's Korean support is shit and doesn't even have Japanese, so I need to constantly switch keyboards. The lack of any sort of quick switch/long press to switch shortcut can get grating when I have to change between conversations.
Ah, I see what you mean now.

tino

Banned

I use TouchPal. what I like is being able to type capital letters and number/symbols on the main keyboard, plus fast switching between English and Chinese. Also a directional keypad with the "cut" and "paste" keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom