• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
kbxboPw.png

XFON? XFAIL.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's fucking impossible to trigger the swipe gestures with one hand on the nexus 4 isn't it.

No, works perfectly fine for me. I've only had issues recently because I've been using Pie Controls. That's to be expected.

I can't take motorola seriously with all their ambitions of that's the phone they are hoping to ride them out on. Good lawd. I'm actually pretty skeptical on those specs. Why would they skimp on the processor THAT much, yet not skimp at all on camera/RAM/storage/whatever. Maybe that was one of their prototypes? Seems fishy.

Or...motorolalolol. Watch it have a 5000mah battery and I'll cave :(

I can't take motorola seriously with all their ambitions of that's the phone they are hoping to ride them out on. Good lawd. I'm actually pretty skeptical on those specs. Why would they skimp on the processor THAT much, yet not skimp at all on camera/RAM/storage/whatever. Maybe that was one of their prototypes? Seems fishy.

I'm pretty sure that's what this will be: a phone with a ridiculous amount of battery life.

squall23

I need some help. I don't know what happened but one day, my phone decided that none of my apps are actually installed. Whenever I try to run something, it says App Isn't Installed. I thought it was a problem with my microSD card but I think that's only part of the problem.

I backed up my files, reformat my card, put the files back on and put the card in my phone. Nothing changed. However, when I use File Manager, everything's there. My photos, my MP3s, it's all there. So my phone must be reading my card correctly, right?

It's just that I can't run any apps for some reason. Any help?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I need some help. I don't know what happened but one day, my phone decided that none of my apps are actually installed. Whenever I try to run something, it says App Isn't Installed. I thought it was a problem with my microSD card but I think that's only part of the problem.

I backed up my files, reformat my card, put the files back on and put the card in my phone. Nothing changed. However, when I use File Manager, everything's there. My photos, my MP3s, it's all there. So my phone must be reading my card correctly, right?

It's just that I can't run any apps for some reason. Any help?

It's likely an issue with your SD card. I hate those things. Put your apps back on your internal memory.

BIGWORM

So, going to potentially trade up my S3 to an S4 with no money up front, just an extra $15/month. It's going to be the TMO variant. Who's running what on that phone, right now? Should I invest in an extended battery now?

i guess it makes sense if the xphone is super cheap.

but then i guess it's not really a flagship phone at all

something doesn't seem right, but evleaks is usually pretty good, no?

so a bit of personal news if any of you care:

basically just found out my wife is 8 weeks pregnant.

so for fathers day (lol) she offered to let me use her upgrade since mine doesn't come up until december. gonna go ahead and trade my atrix (at&t has a deal that will get me 100 for my atrix) for a new 32gb S4. thinking about adding my one x to the deal, but could probably get more if I just sell it separately.

i'm hesitant, but if i really think about it, it's because i have a hard time deciding on phones. always want the next thing coming. i suppose this isn't a bad choice though.

i guess it makes sense if the xphone is super cheap.

but then i guess it's not really a flagship phone at all

something doesn't seem right, but evleaks is usually pretty good, no?

so a bit of personal news if any of you care:

basically just found out my wife is 8 weeks pregnant.

so for fathers day (lol) she offered to let me use her upgrade since mine doesn't come up until december. gonna go ahead and trade my atrix (at&t has a deal that will get me 100 for my atrix) for a new 32gb S4. thinking about adding my one x to the deal, but could probably get more if I just sell it separately.

i'm hesitant, but if i really think about it, it's because i have a hard time deciding on phones. always want the next thing coming. i suppose this isn't a bad choice though.
congratulations! and no, i don't mean about the phone.

Let's be honest, is a quad core SoC really necessary? Wouldn't it be more important for Google to improve the smoothness on the OS level? Project Butter 2.0, if you like.

Let's be honest, is a quad core SoC really necessary? Wouldn't it be more important for Google to improve the smoothness on the OS level? Project Butter 2.0, if you like.

why not work on smoothness and not skimp on the processor lol. Why does everything have to be some ultimatum. I mean if the Nex4 launched LAST YEAR with an s4 pro at the price it did then there is no excuse.

why not work on smoothness and not skimp on the processor lol. Why does everything have to be some ultimatum. I mean if the Nex4 launched LAST YEAR with an s4 pro at the price it did then there is no excuse.
All your rambling doesn't matter until we know the price of the device.

You can now go back and wish for an S800 and 2560x1600 display in the $200 Nexus 7 successor.

I can judge technology and not give a shit about it personally. I don't plan to get one but shite is still sad.

But you will give a shit about the Nexus 7-2
I honestly don't know if there is anything google can do to make me want an Android tablet. My iPad speaks for itself, shitton of tablet apps, great hardware quality, just a great all-round product. Even windows tablets can serve the purpose of being something a little more than a tablet. If someone were to make an actual good one at a good price I'd consider that too.

I'm not sure Android tablets offer any unique selling point that would make go back. I'm not even sure what they COULD offer, outside of a low ass price.

Blackhead

Redarse
I can judge technology and not give a shit about it personally. I don't plan to get one but shite is still sad.

I honestly don't know if there is anything google can do to make me want an Android tablet. My iPad speaks for itself, shitton of tablet apps, great hardware quality, just a great all-round product. Even windows tablets can serve the purpose of being something a little more than a tablet. If someone were to make an actual good one at a good price I'd consider that too.

I'm not sure Android tablets offer any unique selling point that would make go back. I'm not even sure what they COULD offer, outside of a low ass price.

Android tablet's unique selling points are:
Pocketability; there are andriod tablets that fit in your pocket.
Wacom Pen; proper drawing and writing support
Phone service; calls, sms etc.

Bboy AJ

I switched from an iPad because I like Google services. I like the notifications and seamless feeling background apps. I couldn't imagine running Hangouts on my iPad. Yeesh.

I guess I figure an android phone covers all those points well enough, especially with screen sizes these days. Having an android phone + android tablet just seems meh to me.

I guess I figure an android phone covers all those points well enough, especially with screen sizes these days. Having an android phone + android tablet just seems meh to me.

My nexus 10 is double the size of most high end phones. I don't watch everything on my 21" monitor when I have a 42" tv a few feet away.

Groof

I was always interested in the Android phone + iOS tablet combo, but the syncing and account integration is what makes it for me. Being able to seamlessly jump from a phone to a tablet and do the exact same things I were before is a great thing. As well as having the same apps on both is a huge added factor. Buy one on the phone and I still have access to it on my tablet and vice versa. Being cheaper is also a huge plus.

Those tradeoffs aren't even worth the selling points of other tablets to me as well. I guess if you absolutely cannot live without google services all the time it's a no brainer. I just like having the best of every world. Android phone for google stuff, ipad for iOS stuff. And Windows tablets if you want to get into the whole office and whatever other features they have, snapping and whatnot.

The only syncing I care about is chrome and I use chrome on my ipad so all is well on that front.

I agree with you it's not bad to be diverse in your devices. No need to be fanboys. I'm never coming back iPhone/android tablet though. Android phone/iPad seems like your est option.

Husker86

Ok what the hell. Is NFC not a standard? I've tried a Nexus 4 to an HTC One and an S4 to an HTC One and nothing happens. The only time I've ever had it work was from Nexus to Nexus.

So can we have pctx perma'd yet?

Kidding.

Lol

So I got the 32gb s4. Popping in my 32gb microSD and hoping for the best.

100 for an Atrix 4G is crazy.

Thing is they will take a smartphone from any carrier that is three years old or newer and the least you will get is 100. I have seen people take back four phones and walk out with an upgrade and accessories for $0.

Have seen some reports that they are even taking iPhone 3g's.

That's not even the 3GS mind you.

Best part is you are not required to upgrade. Can use that for your bill or any accessories. Or just keep the credit.

thespot84

the gnex thread is all but dead, so I'll ask here. What are people running on it, specifically the CDMA/Toro? JDX/JellyBelly seems to have been discontinued, and the latest version is pretty laggy. IS CM pretty good on it?

Hey guys, just got a new Galaxy s4 today and everything seems good except camera keeps crashing. Not all the time, but after bringing up the camera app, it'll pop up with a window saying the camera has failed. Anyone know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom