• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little ot, but I just downloaded the project glass icon pack and I can't seem to find it anywhere to change my icons. I'm trying to use it with the holo launcher. When I select icon pack it doesn't show. I've unzipped it too.

Cipherr

Google Image search is showing categories at the top of the screen for me now. Sort of neat.

viG7cRd.jpg

This is a little ot, but I just downloaded the project glass icon pack and I can't seem to find it anywhere to change my icons. I'm trying to use it with the holo launcher. When I select icon pack it doesn't show. I've unzipped it too.

if you're talking about the ones on XDA, those are just png files. You can use them to change individual icons. It's not an iconpack and won't theme all your icons. You'll have to make or find an iconpack (in .apk format) that is compatible with your launcher.

the gnex thread is all but dead, so I'll ask here. What are people running on it, specifically the CDMA/Toro? JDX/JellyBelly seems to have been discontinued, and the latest version is pretty laggy. IS CM pretty good on it?

I'm running the latest CM Nightlies on my Toro, and the performance is pretty good. Not great, but certainly faster than Paranoid Android, or any other ROMs I've tried. And the features I get from CM make it definitely worthwhile.

Really ready for a new phone, though.

Matugi

I would be happy if the new Nexus 7 is actually 7.7 inches. I want something slightly bigger but don't want a 10 inch tablet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Best part of WWDC was the joke about Touchwiz Android Beam. Having to physically touch phones is such a dumb idea. Who thought that would be a good idea when you could do something like AirDrop?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I would be happy if the new Nexus 7 is actually 7.7 inches. I want something slightly bigger but don't want a 10 inch tablet.

I still think the ipad mini is the perfect size. The kindle hd is also that size, I think.

It better drop all over my face today.

Groof

Said it before and I'll say it again, all the Nexus 7-2 needs in terms of screen is a bigger one on the current body. An 8" would probably fit on there and I'd be happy. Nexus 8.

I don't think so. I'm sure Verizon still can enforce their whitelist on pure LTE devices, but correct me if I'm wrong.
no.

the special conditions of the 'C Block' license (remember how Google bid just enough to enabloe the open access condition? yeah, check.) prohibit them from blocking devices on that spectrum, and that's the spectrum they use for LTE.

Matugi

I still think the ipad mini is the perfect size. The kindle hd is also that size, I think.

It better drop all over my face today.

The iPad mini is the perfect size. I prefer devices that aren't 16x9 or 16x10. It just makes them irritating to use. It's one reason why I really don't like how they made the iPhone 5 4 inches.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope they keep the overall tablet the same size. Maybe some people have bigger hands than me, but I can grip the N7 comfortably with one hand, but I can't do the same with the ipad mini. They should increase the screen size though, that's for sure.

Nicktendo86

I hope they keep the overall tablet the same size. Maybe some people have bigger hands than me, but I can grip the N7 comfortably with one hand, but I can't do the same with the ipad mini. They should increase the screen size though, that's for sure.
Ditto, n7 size is perfect for me.

Best part of WWDC was the joke about Touchwiz Android Beam. Having to physically touch phones is such a dumb idea. Who thought that would be a good idea when you could do something like AirDrop?

The worst part of WWDC was Apple confusing users by allowing more than 12 apps in a folder.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
New N7 to support multi band lte in the states, with the amount of n7 stuff lately we must be close to a reveal.
http://www.cultofandroid.com/29864/new-nexus-7-to-support-lte-networks-for-verizon-att-t-mobile/

Not surprising. I mean it is time for a yearly refresh. I also think while Google might not say this outright that they'd like to launch their refresh during their own window. If they wait till the fall you'd have the iPad/mini and Win 8 refresh stuff. That's beyond just the fact that well it is time.

PS: For Spotify people out there...

Husker86

no.

the special conditions of the 'C Block' license (remember how Google bid just enough to enabloe the open access condition? yeah, check.) prohibit them from blocking devices on that spectrum, and that's the spectrum they use for LTE.
Very interesting. I'm curious to see the first device to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom