• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmincer

HTC Butterfly S announced.

3200mAh battery
1.9Ghz Snapdragon 600
2GB ram
16GB storage + microsd slot
4mp camera (same as One)
Android 4.2.2

Groof

But that was still with a single console. How many iterations of Tegra will they need until they have a Year of the Tegra™?

Gaaraz

What ROMs would you recommend for a Galaxy S3? Ideally I want something that is just super quick/responsive and nice on the battery life. Anything that looks/works more like iOS is a bonus.

So with the Butterfly S using S600 it looks like the Z Ultra will be the first S800 device.

I'm surprised that HTC launched the Butterfly S with S600, would have thought they would wait for S800 to become available, the wait time is just 6 weeks now.

Also - Tegralol. Nvidia getting desperate I see, trying to sell licences to Kepler architecture so they don't fall further behind ImgTec. Tegra 4 has been a complete bust this year, at least Tegra 3 was cheap and had good bang for buck.

coopolon

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

I am interested in rooting my htc evo lte and flashing to a different rom. My primary problem with the phone is its inability to multitask, it seems I can't open a new app without the phone closing the previous one and it is really annoying. It's not like it makes for a great battery life anyway.

My concern though is that if I root and flash to something like cm I won't be able to connect to lte/already crappy 3g speeds will get worse/phone coverage won't be as good.

Are these fears at all valid?

SimleuqiR

Looks like Falcon Pro is dead :(

He reset the tokens again at the weekend as the 100K limit was hit again and Twitter didn't like this. Its gone from the Play Store now.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/06...om-play-store/

Resistance is futile.
Why bother developing these clients when the token limit is set so low.

I guess you can make some good money out of 100K users, but there is no room for growth.

Twitter doesn't want anyone using anything else but their official client.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Marvel is the first Tegra which uses a real desktop/laptop Nvidia GPU design (Maxwell) as the basis for the Tegra GPU, not whatever they have in there now. Next year is going to be beastmode for mobile GPUs.

I'll say this while I think Nvidia probably actually deserves even more shit than all the shit they are already getting over Tegra they have yet to leverage their biggest strength. The fact they already are the best GPU maker, and they have some ridiculous desktop tech right now.

So when they try and leverage that for mobile it's definitely a card they haven't played yet, and as of now I'd say it's a wild card.

They've been a cluster fuck and a half up to this point though with the current Nexus 7 being their only saving grace.

So with the Butterfly S using S600 it looks like the Z Ultra will be the first S800 device.

I'm surprised that HTC launched the Butterfly S with S600, would have thought they would wait for S800 to become available, the wait time is just 6 weeks now.

Also - Tegralol. Nvidia getting desperate I see, trying to sell licences to Kepler architecture so they don't fall further behind ImgTec. Tegra 4 has been a complete bust this year, at least Tegra 3 was cheap and had good bang for buck.

Yeah HTC done goof'd. Imagine the S800 packed with that epic battery? Performance could be AMAZING. Also isn't there an S4 variant coming out in Korea that uses the S800? Should be out at the end of this month no?

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/06/19/galaxy-s4-lte-a-shv-e330-user-manual-got-leaked/

Thinking about jumping ship from ATT and going to T-Mobile and getting the $30 5GB plan. Anyone have this plan currently? Will it be a hassle to transfer my number? Can you tether with this plan for free?

jayb

Thinking about jumping ship from ATT and going to T-Mobile and getting the $30 5GB plan. Anyone have this plan currently? Will it be a hassle to transfer my number? Can you tether with this plan for free?

I have the 2.5 GB plan on t-mo and tethering is included with that.

Cipherr

I have it, but I didnt bother transferring a number, so I don't know about that part.

Tethering is not free. I mean, I tether all the time, but I have a browser extension that lets me change my User Agent to a Smartphone tag, then I just click "Load Desktop site" if I ever visit a webpage that loads the mobile version on my desktop.

If you don't use the user agent switcher, you eventually get a text from TMobile telling you that you can buy tethering from them; the tethering itself doesnt stop, but still...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What you got Android-GAF?! :p

Phone-Call-Feature-Coming-Back-to-Gmail-Hangouts-3.png

Converted my family to it, considering buying mom and pops each Nexus 4's so they can use it on the go too.

Only half kidding.

mdphilli

If you don't use the user agent switcher, you eventually get a text from TMobile telling you that you can buy tethering from them; the tethering itself doesnt stop, but still...

I've been on the plan since November, tethered a moderate amount. Maybe a few hundred megs a month between Nexus 7 and Chromebook (via USB, not that it likely matters) and I've yet to see that text. Maybe they only send it to the heavy users?

Does mobile-GAF freeze a lot for any one else on chrome? Can't scroll or click anything and I have to hit the browser refresh button to get it working again. It is really annoying.

Nexus 4 here.

Any other browsers worth a damn? I tried dolphin and don't like it.

Does mobile-GAF freeze a lot for any one else on chrome? Can't scroll or click anything and I have to hit the browser refresh button to get it working again. It is really annoying.

Nexus 4 here.

Any other browsers worth a damn? I tried dolphin and don't like it.

yes it does, honestly I just use the default browser on the One more than chrome, and chrome when I need the tab syncing. Google needs to get their shit together.

Speaking of dolphin, they FINALLY updated the UI for the browser.

As much as I love Dolphin and the UI (swiping from the edge to get to the bookmarks is so much better than pressing a button or two), goddamn if this update wasn't overdue. It looks mostly the same, but is so much quicker. Fucking finally.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like LG will annouce the new Optimus G2 today coming with Snapdragon 800 processor.
Should be a nice phone for the Nexus 5...

Fully integrated connectivity with a wide variety of communication options including 4G LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation
New Adreno™ 330 GPU delivering more than two times better performance for compute applications over the current Adreno 320 GPU
Video capture, playback and display in Ultra HD format, four times higher density than 1080p HD;
HD multichannel audio with DTS-HD and Dolby Digital Plus, supporting higher display resolutions up to 2560 x 2048 pixels and Miracast 1080p HD

I'm having a stupid bug on my AscendP1 with CM.

Everytime I copy something to the clipboard it crashes the app I'm in. After spending some time googling I found out that the Galaxy S2 has the same bug and the solution is to delete everything in the clipboard folder in /data/clipboard, yet I don't have that folder. Tried making it myself and it didn't work.

I know it's a longshot since no one but me has an AscendP1 (lol) but any idea on how to fix this?

So Samsung have supposedly slashed their component orders for GS4 phones down to around 6m, at the same time HTC and Sony are said to be raising their internal forecasts for their 2013 flagship devices. Sony specifically think they will sell 15-20m flagship phones in the second half which is around double the rate of the first half.

Nicktendo86

So Samsung have supposedly slashed their component orders for GS4 phones down to around 6m, at the same time HTC and Sony are said to be raising their internal forecasts for their 2013 flagship devices. Sony specifically think they will sell 15-20m flagship phones in the second half which is around double the rate of the first half.

Good, let's hope Samsung learn and put more
some
effort into the build of their phones.

I can't believe by the way that no one is making a stink that HTC are delaying the rollout of 4.2.2, it looks to me it is because of the impending new butterfly phone and they want that to have 4.2 exclusive for a bit. How anyone can trust HTC to keep the firmware up to date I have no idea.

Gaaraz

Didn't know where else to post this, but I found this UI element comparison between iOS7, iOS6 and Android 4.2 pretty interesting. It's merely a comparison, so there's nothing too controversial in it, but maybe at least one of you will find it interesting as well.
Great comparison, thank you! I actually started preferring the Android UI elements, but in the later screenshots where they show everything being tied in together, it's unbelievable just how ugly Android is, urgh.

Pretty much made up my mind that the ROM I'm installing on my S3 is MIUI and not CM10 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom