• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Sony too IMO. So far only Samsung have really done okay for updates.

Even the low end phones are looking pretty decent.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_m-5497.php

For a £179 phone the spec is pretty decent, dual core Krait, 3G, Exmor RS camera, 245PPI, decent screen (if it's the same as the J, which is very nice).

For a lot of people that phone is good enough.
I have a phone with 4GB of internal memory and believe me, I almost regret signing a contract for it.

Both of those phones might get you $175-200 in a year, if that. Having used both, I'd personally go with the Nexus 4.

Yeah I was thinking to go Nexus 4 as well, just because of the quad core processor. It doesn't have a sim card slot though right? My other option would be to go to a GS4 and pay the extra $250 out of pocket.

Husker86

Yeah I was thinking to go Nexus 4 as well, just because of the quad core processor. It doesn't have a sim card slot though right? My other option would be to go to a GS4 and pay the extra $250 out of pocket.

It has a SIM card slot since it is unlocked; do you mean SD card slot? If so, no, it doesn't have that. If you do get a Nexus 4 get the 16GB model for sure.

I have a Nexus 4 and just got a GS4. If it wouldn't be too big of an inconvenience paying the extra, I'd go S4. Especially if it will get you LTE on T-Mo and you would keep the phone longer.

Just got an update for Chrome beta, they say that they've fixed the issues all of you (and me) have been experiencing.

Oh and...

Android |OT3| UPDATES!!!
Just tried it. Seems snappier. Still...fuck android browsers. Been playing around with dolphin all day and just deleted it in favor of the chrome beta now.

Fixing chrome should be priority one for these bastards. Most used app on any phone and it sucks ass. I miss safari.

rc213

Just tried it. Seems snappier. Still...fuck android browsers. Been playing around with dolphin all day and just deleted it in favor of the chrome beta now.

Fixing chrome should be priority one for these bastards. Most used app on any phone and it sucks ass. I miss safari.

I keep waiting for them to fix it, Having everything synced from my Nexus 10, iMac to my GS4 is just to good to give up on.

Only been using for an hour but the chrome beta does seem like a big improvement. Plus a history button! Not that I use it but seems like a feature many have been asking for.

How long do they usually take to add beta features to the normal chrome app? 20 years?

It has a SIM card slot since it is unlocked; do you mean SD card slot? If so, no, it doesn't have that. If you do get a Nexus 4 get the 16GB model for sure.

I have a Nexus 4 and just got a GS4. If it wouldn't be too big of an inconvenience paying the extra, I'd go S4. Especially if it will get you LTE on T-Mo and you would keep the phone longer.

Oh yeah, meant the sd card slot. What other advancements are supposed to be coming soon in the smart phone market? Going a GS4 will probably cost me about another $300 out of pocket after selling the Sprint GS3 and I don't want to regret the purchase if something new is coming down the pipeline that is better in a couple of months.

Husker86

Oh yeah, meant the sd card slot. What other advancements are supposed to be coming soon in the smart phone market? Going a GS4 will probably cost me about another $300 out of pocket after selling the Sprint GS3 and I don't want to regret the purchase if something new is coming down the pipeline that is better in a couple of months.

Going to T-Mobile will (obviously) let you jump on the Nexus train. With that in mind, the Nexus 5 should be pretty beastly and hopefully be as reasonably priced as the Nexus 4. That should be coming around October or so. Possibility of S800 (vs S600 in GS4). I guess we can't say for sure, but mobile is still advancing as fast as ever so, like they say, "there will always be something coming soon".

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did Dolphin's big update get rid of needing jetpack? That was the stupidest design decision ever to need to install a program on top of the browser to get it to run fast.

PS: Still running that new Opera. Still like a legit version of chrome.

I'll definitely be selling my N4 come N5 launch if it's around the $400 mark.
I'm never buying another phone again on contract. Although Canada moving from 3 to 2 year contracts does help a little. Carriers probably gonna gouge and make up that money somehow though.

I hope Google don't abandon the Nexus 4 price model. I am more than happy selling my phone and upgrading to the latest and greatest every 10-12 months for very little $$$$.

Although this did work decently well when I was buying iPhones since they held value well. Not sure how well the Nexus 4 is selling for on craigslist and the like. Hoping it stays above $200 at least if I'm gonna upgrade to a $299 nexus 5 in the winter.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm never buying another phone again on contract. Although Canada moving from 3 to 2 year contracts does help a little. Carriers probably gonna gouge and make up that money somehow though.

I hope Google don't abandon the Nexus 4 price model. I am more than happy selling my phone and upgrading to the latest and greatest every 10-12 months for very little $$$$.

Although this did work decently well when I was buying iPhones since they held value well. Not sure how well the Nexus 4 is selling for on craigslist and the like. Hoping it stays above $200 at least if I'm gonna upgrade to a $299 nexus 5 in the winter.

Agreed, never getting in bed with Rogers/Bell/telus again. I can't wait til Wind gets some of that 700 mhz for LTE. I hope whatever nexus I get supports that band.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note I really love that Google put their Jelly Bean keyboard on the play store. That decoupled the keyboard from the OS, and it has been getting steady updates since.

If it was old Android style you'd have to wait for a new version of the OS to get any fixes or upgrades to the keyboard.

Groof

On a side note I really love that Google put their Jelly Bean keyboard on the play store. That decoupled the keyboard from the OS, and it has been getting steady updates since.

It's been getting updated?
Guess this is what happens when you force the update when you're in an area it isn't supported in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom