• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Wow, a whopping 2 miles for October. That's an awesome surprise card, though. Now I need to get my mom a JB device because I know she doesn't use her N7 outside the house.

JordanKZ

21 miles here. Although I do walk literally every where.

A6kwNk3CMAA2QD6.png:large

And I'm pretty sure for a part of that, my tracking may have been turned off. So it's likely it should be more than that.

I might get my cousin to buy the 16 GB N4 and 32GB N7 from the US (I live in Au). Any idea if there is a particular store he might walk into on the 13th to buy it, or does it have to ordered via the play store?

Thing is, he's coming here on the 15th, so getting a phone delivered is out of the question.

zbeeb

Im running a custom ROM which shows 'English (Australia)' as a language option and I get metric units. On my stock n7 I don't get that option and its in imperial :-(

Swag

Ok, I've decided. I'm getting rid of the S3 and going for the Nexus 4.
Excited!
Internethighfive.jpg

Will be doing the same, just have to figure out whether I want to get rid of my S3 or just hold onto it to mess around with.
Man, I'm sure I didn't get that walking card because of my constant phony flashing
I've been flashing between Touchwiz and CM and it still showed me my miles for September and October.

Zeppu

Im running a custom ROM which shows 'English (Australia)' as a language option and I get metric units. On my stock n7 I don't get that option and its in imperial :-(

Aaaah! I have English UK and that's why it's showing miles then. I changed to Italian and it's now showing in KM, and furthermore, it's showing me cycling distance!

Fezan

Just got this mobile after selling my note. It has a really good value.was cheaper than galaxy ace 2 or most dualcore phones
ZWhnw.jpg

V2hVl.jpg

+ very good camera
+very good build quality
+great value
+very good screen
+Great audio quality

- battery life
-ICS

Just got this mobile after selling my note. It has a really good value.was cheaper than galaxy ace 2 or most dualcore phones

+ very good camera
+very good build quality
+great value
+very good screen
+Great audio quality

- battery life
-ICS

Wait, is the ICS update for the Xperia U (is it an Xperia U or the P??)now available? The Try Before You Buy version we have in our store is still running Gingerbread. Which network did you get the phone from?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's going to be so insanely hard to decide between the N4 and the 920 this month. Stupid Google pricing so ridiculously competitively.

#firstworldproblems

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That's pretty cool. But how does the phone know you walked from point A to point B as opposed to drove, took a taxi, whatever? I guess there is a bit of guesstimating going on...

Probably measures velocity and acceleration. Sort of the same way they determine traffic based on your phone.

snacknuts

we all knew her
That's pretty cool. But how does the phone know you walked from point A to point B as opposed to drove, took a taxi, whatever? I guess there is a bit of guesstimating going on...

If I had to guess I would say that there is also some velocity reporting when it submits location information.

EDIT: Beaten.

I just checked and I don't have any location data from before July. Turns out I had automatic location reporting disabled in Maps.

Zeppu

You can even location history from the Maps app. It'll show where you've been. I use it to see what time I arrive to work and leave. It's all pretty nifty/creepy. I love it though, especially when you look at where you went while you were abroad :D

Fezan

Wait, is the ICS update for the Xperia U (is it an Xperia U or the P??)now available? The Try Before You Buy version we have in our store is still running Gingerbread. Which network did you get the phone from?

its xperia P and bought it from store in Saudi Arabia.Its the best budget phone.with great specs and great looks.Bought it for 1K sar.
For comparison One S is 2k and Samsung S2 is 1.5k. only Samsung Ace 2 has the same price
Don't know why Sony phones are not more popular

gcubed

Hmmm...

"
397 miles traveled
225,224 more miles to the Moon"

you haven't had your tracking on for a while. I always had mine on because my wife and I use latitude for to/from work instead of always bugging each other about "when are you going to get home!"

69,536 miles traveled
156,086 more miles to the Moon

Angst

haha wow.

totally got my "At Home" time wrong though. Says I was only there 1 hour last week. I always leave my GPS on. Is there some other setting to turn on to make it more accurate??

I have the same issue. I believe it's because GPS don't work properly indoors it's using cell towers to triangulate my position, but as I have very bad coverage at home it switches from different towers all the time, thus messing up my position.

At least that's what I tell my g/f when she asks me why it looks like I don't sleep at home.

Futureman

I have the same issue. I believe it's because GPS don't work properly indoors it's using cell towers to triangulate my position, but as I have very bad coverage at home it switches from different towers all the time, thus messing up my position.

At least that's what I tell my g/f when she asks me why it looks like I don't sleep at home.

hah. Yea my at work time is actually pretty much right on, but home is way off.

jokkir

you haven't had your tracking on for a while. I always had mine on because my wife and I use latitude for to/from work instead of always bugging each other about "when are you going to get home!"

69,536 miles traveled
156,086 more miles to the Moon

Doesn't it automatically track if you have your GPS on/Location setting enabled w/ Google Now or something?

krzy123

goddamn at the location dashboard, it says i haven't been to work in the past week though (its probably because i put my phone in airplane mode when im at work).

got the walking distance thing this morning, oh googs you're such a creeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom