• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

you haven't had your tracking on for a while. I always had mine on because my wife and I use latitude for to/from work instead of always bugging each other about "when are you going to get home!"

69,536 miles traveled
156,086 more miles to the Moon

Hm... how do you get this to work? I've tried the same thing but whenever I check latitude, it only shows recently checked-in, not real-time position. I'm thinking that I'm not viewing it in the right app for some reason.

then it is set. Nexus 4s for all. Now I'm stuck debating with myself 8gb vs 16gb.

I'm getting one and going 16gb...

I will also be looking into USB OTG...damn the cloud. I need some local shit.

Been looking into a combo that I'm gonna post up in a bit. Gotta find the page.

Oh and that Google now miles shit freaked me the fuck out last night haha...I was like stop stalking me google

3phemeral

Hm, I can't seem to get the photosphere working. Taking pictures is great, and I'm astounded that it can actually keep that many consecutive photos in memory while going through every angle of a shot. Plus, it's just incredibly easy to do without the need for instruction.

Doesn't work for me.

I'm getting one and going 16gb...

I will also be looking into USB OTG...damn the cloud. I need some local shit.

Been looking into a combo that I'm gonna post up in a bit. Gotta find the page.

Oh and that Google now miles shit freaked me the fuck out last night haha...I was like stop stalking me google
16 seems like the safe bet, but I know I'd be ok with 8. Dilemmas dilemmas.

buhdeh

Got damn....

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...e-bar-for-design-materials-and-build-quality/

Anyone who is worried about the back of the phone being a sparkly disco ball can rest easy. In many lighting conditions, the back is black - just black. When the light catches it just right, there is a very tasteful, subdued shimmer effect that rolls across the dots. The dots on the back don't bindingly reflect light, either, they just kind of turn silver. Camera flash is pretty much the worst case scenario. Even in that picture on the left, the reflection is greatly exaggerated. In the right picture, the bottom right corner is about as bright as it ever looks in real life. In person it's very subtle, tasteful, and kind of hypnotizing.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I really want to know how well the camera works. Funk, are you getting your hands on an N4? I'd like to hear how the camera compares to my Note 1.

I really want to know how well the camera works. Funk, are you getting your hands on an N4? I'd like to hear how the camera compares to my Note 1.
will probably have to wait till next week for reviews but I forget who it was, maybe someone on the verge said just from a quick hands on, they've noticed the pics to be much better quality than the Gnex. But who knows.

sounds hot

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
will probably have to wait till next week for reviews but I forget who it was, maybe someone on the verge said just from a quick hands on, they've noticed the pics to be much better quality than the Gnex. But who knows.

That's like saying this drink tastes better than shit.

reKon

Banned
fuck... N4 looks so nice. Is there going to be store where I can play around this in person?

it's going to be hard waiting for that 32gb version...

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Chrome for Android update released. Not much said in the notes bar security and performance improvements.

They still need to make chrome as smooth as iOS safari and windows phone IE. They need to project butter that shit. Make taps instant, make text reformatting instant, make scrolling never jitter, etc...

Bboy AJ

Chrome for Android update released. Not much said in the notes bar security and performance improvements.

Chrome for Android is still so bad. The fonts look awful, scrolling isn't as great as the stock browser. I don't understand.

just ask for a sim. If you bring your own phone you can easily just sign up for their prepaid plans and save money

Awesome. I didn't want to waste money on a phone that I'm literally just going to use for 5 minutes.

I'll just bring the phone with me to make sure it works properly.

JoeFu

Banned
Chrome for Android is still so bad. The fonts look awful, scrolling isn't as great as the stock browser. I don't understand.

The only thing that Chrome does better than the stock browser is gifs. Gifs crash my stock browser all the time, but Chrome usually takes it like a champ.

tino

Banned
Or you could sign up for solavei

I think solavei is pretty interesting

Do you really want to entrust your phone number to a MVNO that has no history and pretty much no ad budget?

Unless the number is already ported to google voice I wouldn't touch it with a 5 feet stick.

gcubed

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-soon-to-google-wallet-and-more-new-features/

Google Wallet update to include... a Google Wallet card.

nexusae0_wm_jBAKf_thumb.png

Do you really want to entrust your phone number to a MVNO that has no history and pretty much no ad budget?

Unless the number is already ported to google voice I wouldn't touch it with a 5 feet stick.

short answer? Yes. It's $50 a month and then I get paid for convincing other peeps to sign up. It's hard times up in this piece. It's a recession out there...

also...

Google Wallet throws a tiger uppercut to ISIS... we will see if it sticks... (EDIT: missed it by that much)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/01/introducing-the-physical-google-wallet-card-coming-soon-to-google-wallet-and-more-new-features/

really need some help on this guys...anyone know anything?

BootlegSnackz said:
I thought AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint were supposed to support carrier billing for Music, Movies, Books and Magazines??

I've never been able to bill anything but app purchases to AT&T... We were supposed to have been able to do this for months...

here was one of the news stories back on May 2nd:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05/02/google-announces-carrier-billing-for-movies-music-books-and-apps-from-the-play-store-on-some-carriers/

tino

Banned
short answer? Yes. It's $50 a month and then I get paid for convincing other peeps to sign up. It's hard times up in this piece. It's a recession out there...

also...

So because you get kickback you are pushing shady ass MVNO? Do yourself a favorite and port your number to google voice first.

Bboy AJ

So because you get kickback you are pushing shady ass MVNO? Do yourself a favorite and port your number to google voice first.

reaaaaaaally?

for those that don't know... watch the video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugQgwqLkdgU

Meh, it's not like he posted a referral link. Seems okay to me. I don't see why anyone would buy it over the $30 TMO deal, though. $20 more for unlimited minutes? Not worth it to me. And $20 could probably get you unlimited minutes on TMO's plan, though I'm not sure.

Meh, it's not like he posted a referral link. Seems okay to me. I don't see why anyone would buy it over the $30 TMO deal, though. $20 more for unlimited minutes? Not worth it to me. And $20 could probably get you unlimited minutes on TMO's plan, though I'm not sure.

yeah i don't even have it, but i am thinking hard about joining, because even if i don't sign up, 50 is a lot less than i pay a month, which is about 160 on at&t (post-paid; me and my wife; before company discount which is about $18 per month)

i'm kind of afraid to go to a prepaid plan though just because i've never been on one...don't know what to expect from a customer service and cell service point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom