• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Just reposting this because I think you missed it:
I did.

Latitude is part of maps, so you click the drop down in the upper left and select latitude, this should bring you to a screen showing which friends you share with or want to share with. To see the location you turn on latitude layer on maps.

You need GPS on. Best location is with both it and wifi on and it pings every few minutes, it'll show you how old the location is

3phemeral

I did.

Latitude is part of maps, so you click the drop down in the upper left and select latitude, this should bring you to a screen showing which friends you share with or want to share with. To see the location you turn on latitude layer on maps.

You need GPS on. Best location is with both it and wifi on and it pings every few minutes, it'll show you how old the location is

Hmm.. thanks. I thought both our phones were set correctly, but I'll have to double check. It usually shows their last checked-in location, or "unknown" which is strange, because both our profiles have each other set to "most detailed location" in the share settings for our profiles.

Thanks! I'll have to test it out again when I get home. Would be really helpful in timing dinners and such.

[edit]

And voila, now that I check, it's actually working. Marvelous!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone have that problem that they have several devices that as soon you get an email, everything starts chiming one after another? I wish there was a way to just tell one thing to go off when everything is next to each other.

#firstworldblahblah

3phemeral

Anyone have that problem that they have several devices that as soon you get an email, everything starts chiming one after another? I wish there was a way to just tell one thing to go off when everything is next to each other.

#firstworldblahblah

I'm hoping for event-dismissal syncing, where, if I have an appointment set that I dismiss on one phone, that notification disappears for my tablet too.

gcubed

Hmm.. thanks. I thought both our phones were set correctly, but I'll have to double check. It usually shows their last checked-in location, or "unknown" which is strange, because both our profiles have each other set to "most detailed location" in the share settings for our profiles.

Thanks! I'll have to test it out again when I get home. Would be really helpful in timing dinners and such.

[edit]

And voila, now that I check, it's actually working. Marvelous!

I'm that good

Another reason I'm glad to get the Nexus 4 is that it will be my first time using a phone with a LED notification in YEARS. I used the iphone 4, then the Nexus S which didn't have one, and then the iPhone 4S.

can we finally nail down a "best podcast app" already?? i don't want to spend $25 to get all of them and decide which one i like...

for some reason beyondpod bothers me. maybe i was overwhelmed coming from Listen's simplicity...(and many bugs)

i still use listen...always have to restore a backup from titanium since it's not on the Play Store anymore...i want to move on though...

i was thinking pocketcasts because it's so cheap.

i dunno what do you guys use? i feel like everybody picks a different one.

i wish Google would just add podcast support to Google Music already... it's like they want me to not use their app. make it a comfortable and customizable UI like poweramp, and add podcast support and you have me Google...

Doopliss

Beyondpod has a playback control notification (including expanded Jelly Bean version) which I find to be indispensible. Do they all have that?

tino

Banned

#firstworldblahblah

I don't. Since when I delete the email off one phone, it goes off in the 2nd phone.

However, I demand, I mean DEMAND a way to delete email off notification screen. And a way to disable app update notifications.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Beyondpod has a playback control notification (including expanded Jelly Bean version) which I find to be indispensible. Do they all have that?

I hate that notification control shit. I couldn't find a way to disable it in the App settings so I had to disable all notifications from BeyondPod.

Blackhead

Redarse
can we finally nail down a "best podcast app" already?? i don't want to spend $25 to get all of them and decide which one i like...

for some reason beyondpod bothers me. maybe i was overwhelmed coming from Listen's simplicity...(and many bugs)

i still use listen...always have to restore a backup from titanium since it's not on the Play Store anymore...i want to move on though...

i wish Google would just add podcast support to Google Music already... it's like they want me to not use their app. make it a comfortable and customizable UI like poweramp, and add podcast support and you have me Google...

I use Podkicker Pro. The general UI has been updated to follow the Android Holo guidelines and I love it. That said, the playback controls are rudimentary.

I'm not sure that's the reason. We're actually quite ahead in NFC payment systems here in Canada. Companies seem to enjoy testing new payment systems (like the card chip system and paypass) up here. Seems like it'd be obvious to bring it here asap. Must be some meddling by whatever hands are already in that pot right now.

It's funny whenever I read American tech coverage about NFC payments. Tech pundits go "It's great, but nobody has the terminals!"

Whereas in Canada we have NFC terminals under every rock, yet no mobile NFC payment services (we're getting carrier-specific-bank-specific non-sense very soon though).

I really like doggcatcher.

I'm not sure if it's the best shizzle out there, but it works great for me and has very frequent updates.

edit: oopsie

AndyD

aka andydumi
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-soon-to-google-wallet-and-more-new-features/

Google Wallet update to include... a Google Wallet card.

nexusae0_wm_jBAKf_thumb.png

Would love this. Particularly for travel.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I use Podkicker Pro. The general UI has been updated to follow the Android Holo guidelines and I love it. That said, the playback controls are rudimentary.

I'm still using the stock version. Is pro really worth it? I mean the old podkicker does what I want it to do so the idea of paying for a podcast app even if it's a couple of bucks is just hard for me to pull the trigger on.

CM File Manager

The guiding philosophy behind CyanogenMod 10 is that any feature we add in should be seamless in it's implementation, intuitive in its usage and functional to a large group of users.

With that in mind, we have just merged in the CM File Manager, coded by Jorge Ruesga! https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMFileManager

Maintaining the Holo UI, and leveraging root capabilities were the guiding principals behind this project, making it a perfect fit for CM. The app was forked into our project this evening, and should be incorporated in the next round of nightlies.

59xR8.png

file manager apps put on notice

Damn, is that only going to work if rooted? I would love to replace my file explorer with that CM one, it looks great. They should splinter off an APK for it.
no idea if it will work without root, but the APK is available

Serves him right for praising a fucking glass back as "good build quality". That glass back shit is stupid and fragile.
some people just love form over function! like classic cars...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Google Wallet Card seems ridiculously redundant.

Verizon needs to fix the damn LTE G-Nex so it works again. Why would I carry a card that can replace one card?

I posted this in the G4, G7 and G10 announcement thread but I thought I'd post it here too:

One major thing that I have noticed with Android post 4.xx is that you can see all of Duarte's little touches. The aesthetics reminds me so much of webOS. It's probably why I'm so in love, I was a big fan of webOS.

Now if only they can integrate the true card metaphor of webOS(the way Android does app switching now is very webOS-like already) when it comes to multitasking/switching apps, and I'll never look back...

Cipherr

Google Wallet Card seems ridiculously redundant.

Verizon needs to fix the damn LTE G-Nex so it works again. Why would I carry a card that can replace one card?

If you only have one card it would have no value to you. I have 4 credit cards and a debit card attached to our checking account. Ill trade those 5 for a single card in a heartbeat. Especially since it provides that extra layer of security with the Google Wallet off switch. If you only own one card though, it wouldn't be worth it.

I hate that notification control shit. I couldn't find a way to disable it in the App settings so I had to disable all notifications from BeyondPod.

I simply love the UI of Pocket Casts. Granted, the widget is kind of fidgety, but it still is my favorite.

anything but PocketCasts

they're blaclisted by me after the Amazon Appstore fiasco

I really like doggcatcher.

I'm not sure if it's the best shizzle out there, but it works great for me and has very frequent updates.

edit: oopsie

I'm still using the stock version. Is pro really worth it? I mean the old podkicker does what I want it to do so the idea of paying for a podcast app even if it's a couple of bucks is just hard for me to pull the trigger on.

now even farther away from a decision lol, guess i should just get this testing underway lol

should probably give a week to each app

Hello Android-GAF, just wanted to ask 1 question.

I've been using an android tablet with ICS for over a week and I'm wondering why the WiFi icon suddenly changed (icon besides the battery).

is5iI2oDYDmP.png

Before, the tablet's wifi icon was the more commonly used one:

wireless_wirelessicon_20080115.png

How did this happen? I don't remember changing anything. I also noticed that an option to auto-rotate screen orientation is now available in the notifications/settings menu that pops up when tapping the icons on the right of the screen when previously, the option was not there.

Ragus

Banned
I have a question about widgets on Xperia T.

Here, you can see that I have an active walkman widget. Unfortunately I can't toogle it on, when I'm using Nova Launcher, as it simply isn't avaible in Widgets menu, when I'm on Nova launcher.

Is there any way to have this widget not only on default launcher?

Anyone :(?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I LoL'd @ Android Central's Article titled....

Why you shouldn't worry about Android 4.2 updates

Yeah cause most people are still worried about Android 4.0 or 4.1 updates that seem like they might not ever happen. :|

/end hater rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom