• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Another name change for Coppy? This is getting old breh.
e5YuU.gif

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's hilarious. I don't see why devs wouldn't publish.

kehs

Banned
So I know everyone thinks google tv is a joke.

However, I have TV favs(on the market for everything tv/tablets/tv/etc). This shit is fantastic when you're watching tv and five minutes before the show your watching ends. Boom a couple of notifications about upcoming shit comes up on the screen.

Future.

Fatalah

Motorola's entire Moto line is living up to the hype of last year's X-Phone. Feels good knowing there are inexpensive options out there.

Would be nice if Verizon allowed them on their regular network, not just prepaid.

Motorola's entire Moto line is living up to the hype of last year's X-Phone. Feels good knowing there are inexpensive options out there.

Would be nice if Verizon allowed them on their regular network, not just prepaid.

Living up to the hype? As I remember last year there was someone here who over hype the phone and there were a few who that was gullible enough to ride along the hype...

kehs

Banned
I figured this should get some limelight, considering the global growth of smartphones into emerging markets and Moto current direction. Markets which as typically reigned by ridiculous politics and cultural status quos.

Motorola Alert lets you quickly alert people important to you when you need them. Simply put your phone on alert, and it will begin sending periodic notifications with your location to the people you designate so they can act fast to get you the help you need.
With Motorola Alert you can also set up places such as Home, Work, or School, so that your loved ones can be automatically notified when you leave or arrive.

While you can accomplish some of these tasks with Google Now, Google+ locations, and other tools - it's nice to have a simple app to do these sorts tasks for those that aren't that tech savvy such as your parents or grandparents and have these features all in one place. I also see this useful for kids, having the Moto E automatically send out a notification to parents when they arrive at school or make it home afterwards.

https://plus.google.com/107538503004482952974/posts/KhdZkFRK29H

Living up to the hype? As I remember last year there was someone here who over hype the phone and there were a few who that was gullible enough to ride along the hype...

This year no one believes that Motonovo/Lemoto is actually going to try and make a flagship device, so it might exceed expectations for a midrange or low end device.

Does anyone know how long Google usually keeps Nexus devices updated to the latest Android? Has any Nexus device already lost support?

I got a Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and it's amazing. I'm wondering how long I can go with it without upgrading.

Damn it, so I guess I'm going to have to screw around with custom roms again in two years. At least the experience isn't going to be as abysmal as 4.2 on an old Galaxy S which I had before this phone.

SimleuqiR

Does anyone know how long Google usually keeps Nexus devices updated to the latest Android? Has any Nexus device already lost support?

I got a Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and it's amazing. I'm wondering how long I can go with it without upgrading.

I would say about 2 years, give or take a few months.
Though Kit Kat was designed to run on a Nexus 4's hardware cut in half (CPU/GPU speeds, Memory etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom