• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

I still think a Moto G with 1.5 or 2 gigs or RAM, a decent 8MP camera, and a micro SD slot would be my perfect phone atm. I wish we had more mid range phones that weren't garbage, basically. They either have no expandable storage, have horrible bloated software, lower than 720p screens, or have garbage battery life.

WoodWERD

Are there any other notable unlocked phones coming out this summer besides the OnePlus? I plan to be stateside between July and late August and wouldn't mind replacing my N4, which is still serving me well. A better camera and battery couldn't hurt though.

Groof

lgg3-colors-main.jpg

A new image leak of the LG G3 shows off the brushed effect black and white back plates

The hype is real.

I still think a Moto G with 1.5 or 2 gigs or RAM, a decent 8MP camera, and a micro SD slot would be my perfect phone atm. I wish we had more mid range phones that weren't garbage, basically. They either have no expandable storage, have horrible bloated software, lower than 720p screens, or have garbage battery life.

I think you might be expecting too much out of Lenovo here

Futureman

Verizon contract up in just about a month. Still no clue what I'm doing :(

Want to keep unlimited.

though if I can get away with a small monthly price increase and get something like 4 GB of data, I may wait for i6.

I guess I can wait til August or so and see the X+1 and i6.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Are there any other notable unlocked phones coming out this summer besides the OnePlus? I plan to be stateside between July and late August and wouldn't mind replacing my N4, which is still serving me well. A better camera and battery couldn't hurt though.

Obviously the worst kept secret is the Moto X sequel the Moto X+1. Now when that is launched is anyone's guess. The X launched over the summer though.

Nicktendo86

lol you know someone else asked me about that but man that seems soooo lame lol
Lol I spent a while working out how old my vat is in human years the other day, I bet someone would find it useful haha
Edit: oooh do you have an inflation calculator? For example how much would something costing £10 be 100 years ago etc? Just coming out with silly ideas here lol

wilflare

was thinking of buying more Dropbox storage

in any case... WhatsApp is screwing up for me
My WhatsApp images (received from others) are being jumbled up.
as you scroll through the media history in the respective conversations, the thumbnail of the images are being refreshed and replaced by another image. - when you open up the image, it is another picture altogether

any idea what's wrong?

Lol I spent a while working out how old my vat is in human years the other day, I bet someone would find it useful haha
Edit: oooh do you have an inflation calculator? For example how much would something costing £10 be 100 years ago etc? Just coming out with silly ideas here lol

I have inflation from past 1913 to present and also rate of inflation in finance section

Is it possible to convert light years?

What about exponential math equations?

This interests me to no end as an iPhone owner.

*looks lustfully at OnePlus One*
I have light years in astronomical section but not math equations bit

terrier

how do you guys backup your photos?

i use dropbox's auto upload for pictures. I also have the app in my pc so once uploaded , they are downloaded again to my computer... and since the dropbox folder is in the 'box' folder, pics are uploaded again to box.com

If that wasn't enough once every week or 10 days i upload manually (until i find a way to do it automatically) the pics from that period to flickr, since it is has a terabyte of storage and it allows for easy viewing wherever i am.

Oh.... and i also have Google+ autoupload activated (free option not full pics size) when i charge my phone. Just in case XD

wilflare

i use dropbox's auto upload for pictures. I also have the app in my pc so once uploaded , they are downloaded again to my computer... and since the dropbox folder is in the 'box' folder, pics are uploaded again to box.com

If that wasn't enough once every week or 10 days i upload manually (until i find a way to do it automatically) the pics from that period to flickr, since it is has a terabyte of storage and it allows for easy viewing wherever i am.

Oh.... and i also have Google+ autoupload activated (free option not full pics size) when i charge my phone. Just in case XD

that's... quite a bit you pay for cloud storage every month right?

terrier

that's... quite a bit you pay for cloud storage every month right?

i don't pay anything, i have a few 50GB free box accounts from Xperia devices, and +30GB on dropbox (ithat can grow to some 40GB via friend invites) , plus 50GB which will expire in a year from my Note 8.
The terabyte on flickr is free and G+ has unlimited space since i do not upload full pictures.

I use it as something temporary since i usually store my pics on 3 different HDD, but now i do it only twice a year when dropbox is almost full. PLus it is also useful because my wife's phone also uploads to the same accounts so it is quite convenient to have everything in one place. Next step is a wifi compact camera so i can do the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom