• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrier

That LG seems to be ticking off all of the boxes, but if those specs are true, battery life can't be as good as the 801-based phones, can it?

back buttons still an issue for many. I guess thin bezels is the cause,, but..... i have hold an lg g2, and didn't feel it.
But id it is waterproof... then i will really be tempted.

The red M8 looks great.

fC1FFqh.jpg

6g2MAyZ.jpg

rvTp8SD.jpg

Ughhhhhhh! Why did google mess up the text reflow option on Web browsers with kk?
If I wanted a half arsed Web browsing experience I would have got an iPhone, innit?
I normally use naked browser because it used to do everything exactly how I wanted. I have tried every setting and nothing will get text to reflow. Opera does a decent job of it, but it doesn't have pin to zoom or image toggle.
Are there any Web browsers for kk that let me disable images per tab, that do text reflow and have pin to zoom - I can live without pin to zoom?

Seems dolphin has text reflow, but it's a bit laggy, doesn't have on the fly image disable/enable, and no pin to zoom.

It seem so far KitKat messed more stuff than fix...
Stock browser switched to chrome's rendering engine in 4.4 (which doesn't have text reflow) and there is no way to go back. It sucks ass.

So my S3 just got Kitkat this morning..

....and it's fucked up my phone. It keeps saying the date partition is damaged and I have to factory reset my phone and lose everything. Once I restart it, everything goes back to normal but after a while, it keeps saying that damn message.

Was Kitkat supposed to released for the S3? :/

Just saw my first ever ad in the gmail app. It showed up under promotions and had a yellow-ish tint. Not a problem, in my opinion, but weird to see.

Oh, and it can be swiped away the same as deleting or archiving a regular email.

Manus

Is the Nova Prime launcher worth the price? Does it have way more features than the lite version? Thinking of getting it.

That's an ugly ass wallpaper, though. Anyway the G3 is the best looking Android phone that's not a Nexus or Moto x.

@Groof

The variety of gifs you post is matched only by Andrex.

MattDoza

Just saw my first ever ad in the gmail app. It showed up under promotions and had a yellow-ish tint. Not a problem, in my opinion, but weird to see.

Oh, and it can be swiped away the same as deleting or archiving a regular email.
Promotions is the only tab you're supposed to see them in, I believe. I didn't know you could swipe them away though.

Massa

I got a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Lite from work... I didn't know they could still make LCD's this bad in 2014. Good lord.

How is the Samsung brand so strong when they attach it to such shit products?

Jigolo

I wonder what the dimensions are for the phone. Considering the small bezels this could be smaller than the HTC One.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
People falling for decent looking hardware and deliberately not thinking about the shitty skinned software side are like guys who get drunk and fuck the lonely chick at the bar only to wake up and realize she was really 200 pounds.

People falling for decent looking hardware and deliberately not thinking about the shitty skinned software side are like guys who get drunk and fuck the lonely chick at the bar only to wake up and realize she was really 200 pounds.

C'mon now optimus ui ain't that bad..and stock android is not even remotely attractive to begin with. Its in the middle of the pack...

Groof

C'mon now optimus ui ain't that bad..
I was with you up to here...
and stock android is not even remotely attractive to begin with. Its in the middle of the pack...
But now you just tripping

Either way, while LG's skin looks and seems bloated it's actually the thing touchwiz always wanted to be. It's fast, snappy and responsive. Not to mention customisable straight out of the box.
Now I'm not saying it's pretty, but it doesn't get in the way of the experience.

Cipherr

Cmon now breh, you know most people that use this OS in general don't seem to mind the skins. Nexus devices haven't been the majority seller.... ever.

some people want the one true perfect stock woman experience, so they buy a realdoll.

Stock Android is pretty at first, but once you know her better dig a bit deeper, you can see that she just can't let go of her past. She liked that Tron movie just too damn much.

Cipherr

Stock Android is pretty at first, but once you know her better dig a bit deeper, you can see that she just can't let go of her past. She liked that Tron movie just too damn much.

Man I haven't got a Tron vibe from Stock Android since like, 4.2. They abandoned the whole Tron Blue + Holo stuff back with the Galaxy Nexus. Stock Android with the Google Launcher on the Nexus 5 loses just about all of that.

Man I haven't got a Tron vibe from Stock Android since like, 4.2. They abandoned the whole Tron Blue + Holo stuff back with the Galaxy Nexus. Stock Android with the Google Launcher on the Nexus 5 loses just about all of that.

The settings app in 4.4 isn't Holo anymore?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Sure, but Tron is not as prominent before. If you didn't know the past Android versions, you'd never think to call it Tron today.

Cipherr

Yes, but its not in other places. On the older versions the tron holo was in the app drawer and more prominent in the notifications menu as well IMO. Now theres more white instead of that blue, and the only place you are ever really reminded of those days is in settings. And you don't really spend much time there.

Like AJ said, noone would ever really call if Tron styled today because its just not around much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom