• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Android Police with the scoop:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/06/06/exclusive-this-is-the-oneplus-5/

nexus2cee_OP5_thumb.png

Jeffrey

As always AJ was right. Apple design is the pinnacle of phone camera setup which is why one plus copied.

Yo, Dx0 how do we improve camera.

- Make iphone. Copy paste Google hdr magic code.

Hnnggghhh.... was going to pull the trigger on a G6 but perhaps I should just wait to see what the OP5 brings to the table. If they can get camera performance to at least compete alongside the S8/G6/U11 then they could be onto a winner.

Bit concerned over battery life if they've gone S835/QHD Display and squeezing it into a smaller body.

Oh and price. Given everyone has upped the price points this year, I see no reason why OP won't follow suit. I'm gonna guess starting at £449.

Jeffrey

Dimensions are probably similar to op3 if they are sticking with 5.5. It barely had any side bezels.

Think they said it's thinner though.

yagal

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/06/05/essential-phone-camera-sample/

So essential executive took a really shitty pic with the phone. Deleted tweet lol.

Look like a 3T's pic

Hnnggghhh.... was going to pull the trigger on a G6 but perhaps I should just wait to see what the OP5 brings to the table. If they can get camera performance to at least compete alongside the S8/G6/U11 then they could be onto a winner.

hahahahahahhahaha

And the OP5 have a Sony level of bezel , embarrassing.

Some galaxy Note 8 renders:

From https://twitter.com/PoyocoTech
So a bigger S8 with the fingerprint reader in the screen. Glad to see the headphone jack still in there.
I do miss the stylus from my Note 4, but I'm not sure that's a big enough feature on its own to justify a new (and expensive I'm sure) phone.

Sadly I think I'm getting a bit bored with new phones. Unless they have massive battery life (and good ones of those only pop up every few years) there's nothing I really feel like I'm missing out of my phone. I'd probably still be using my Note 4 if I hadn't changed networks. RIP removable batteries.

Jeffrey

As a owner of a s8, the bezels aren't really a game changer lol. Does make splitscreen better. I often slap a video on top while using browser. Besides that though most videos are 16 :9 so borders.

As long as op5 still has capacitive buttons, the screen real estate won't be that much less.

So a bigger S8 with the fingerprint reader in the screen. Glad to see the headphone jack still in there.
I do miss the stylus from my Note 4, but I'm not sure that's a big enough feature on its own to justify a new (and expensive I'm sure) phone.

Sadly I think I'm getting a bit bored with new phones. Unless they have massive battery life (and good ones of those only pop up every few years) there's nothing I really feel like I'm missing out of my phone. I'd probably still be using my Note 4 if I hadn't changed networks. RIP removable batteries.

The same Twitter page says the S-Pen will have vibration built in.

akileese

The Waze beta that includes Android Auto support is out if you're in the beta. If not, APKMirror has it. I'm going to, no pun intended, give it a test drive tomorrow morning on my commute.

Jeffrey

yep 3t was about as small as you can get for 16:9 5.5" phone without compromising on battery or other stuff.

hopefully they offer 'stereo' speaker, maybe 1440p screen, and at minimum keep 3t battery size.

not really sure what else you'd want. stockish android in a iphone body with slimmer bezels and a decent camera for $500? sign me up.

Top Bottom