• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

yeah, LCD's are great these days and no burn in, and look great at 1080p even on 6" stuff. if you are gonna go amoled, go 1440p, support vr.

Yeah I actually like LCD quite a bit more than AMOLED. My OnePlus one screen still looks great and the v20 I had also had a great screen. Amoleds also get dimmer over time and lose brightness. I'll take LCD any day over AMOLED.

Jeffrey

was always kind of the point though. hop into the market with a low priced flagship phone, build a name and fanbase, than slowly increase the price each generation.

$500s is still a fair price depending on how good that camera is, and if it gets the goodies the competitors have like waterproofing and 1440p.

was always kind of the point though. hop into the market with a low priced flagship phone, build a name and fanbase, than slowly increase the price each generation.

$500s is still a fair price depending on how good that camera is, and if it gets the goodies the competitors have like waterproofing and 1440p.

I'd probably still pay $500 if it has those things for being open to the dev community. More than that and I'd probably be out.

SexyFish

Banned
Not entirely sure if this is the best place to ask but how are Nexus/Pixel phones running after years of usage?

I'm probably going to end up being a generation behind and pick up a Pixel and was wondering if the Nexus line still ran pretty great compared to launch over time.

Milchjon

Is there any way to not make the Autocorrect in SwiftKey fucking infuriating?

It's the most overagressive, meddling bullshit and makes me rage every day (No, I did not intend to type "China" when I wrote "CPH". No, please don't turn my colloquial German "n" into "noch" every single time...)

Or is there any alternative keyboard that's better than this?

Honestly, I can't believe how much worse the typing experience is compared to Windows Phone 8 from fucking 2012 even after 6 months of getting used to it.

/rant

23qwerty

It's the most overagressive, meddling bullshit and makes me rage every day (No, I did not intend to type "China" when I wrote "CPH". No, please don't turn my colloquial German "n" into "noch" every single time...)

Honestly, I can't believe how much worse the typing experience is compared to Windows Phone 8 from fucking 2012 even after 6 months of getting used to it.

/rant

Have you tried Gboard since the big update a few months ago?

Groof

I don't think that one let's me toggle between languages quickly. But honestly, not having English Word prediction might be an acceptable tradeoff at this point...
gboard has option to use 2 languages simultaneously, or you can just use the language switch key that's next to the comma.

but honestly, every keyboard has problems with autocorrecting shit randomly, especially in languages that are not english. gboard is a big offender of this as well.

yagal

I don't think that one let's me toggle between languages quickly. But honestly, not having English Word prediction might be an acceptable tradeoff at this point...

Gboard is good. In the same sentence I often switch between French, English and Italian and the autocorrect on point.

/rant

I use 3 languages with SwiftKey and it has barely any auto-correct hiccups, even mid-sentence.

Why are you always doing everything wrong, Jon? Wieso nur? Per favore, dimmi perché.

Milchjon

Ah, the language toggle in Gboard is only enabled when multiple languages are active.

Guess I'll try this for a bit then.

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Carl pei calling all these leaks fake news lol. This is the world we live in now.

The question is which one?

Hopefully the iPhone render. But who knows! Probably see a final one in a few days from a potato cam anyways.

llehuty

The only acceptable option for auto-correction is NO auto-correction. It's one of the first TO DO things when I get a new phone.

Honor 9 for me prob. I just need IP rating, wireless charging, headphone jack, small bezels, cheap price, good camera, and 64GB base storage and doesn't look like an iphone. Too much to ask?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Chrome 59 does feel slightly faster. Not sure about RAM usage yet, but I'm also not a person with a gazillion tabs.

SexyFish

Banned
Weird that op5 looks quite similar to the oppo r11 announced this week!

I mean, there are only so many ways to make a phone, but they went iPhone as fuck.

DBze2ObXkAArUqf.jpg:large

Think this is a mockup from the photo they've already shown, but still that us what the back will look like.

Could one of you fine folks put the play store my library widget on your home screen, select play music, and see if tapping one of the album arts will open the play music app and take you to that album? The my library widget no longer seems to be working for me.

Edit: Not just music either. Selecting play books, movies or any of them no longer works when tapping the album art, book cover, movie poster.

NeOak

lol at the iPlus 5

Remember when it was cool to copy the iPhone look like Samsung did with the Galaxy S 2?

I mean, there are only so many ways to make a phone, but they went iPhone as fuck.

DBze2ObXkAArUqf.jpg:large

Think this is a mockup from the photo they've already shown, but still that us what the back will look like.
They copied the wrong fucking year. That camera will be vertical on the new iPhone.

Top Bottom