• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

ArchAngel

screenshot_20170609-102318.png

Cool, didn't know about that feature.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't even mind that OP5 is basically an iPhone ripoff.

The issue is what steps are they taking to make this better than the OP3T.

That phone already had solid performance.

If the OP5 is gonna cost 500+ then that camera needs to be on point. If not then why not just get an OP3T for cheaper if the real world performance is virtually the same for both phones?

Like hell just price drop the OP3T, and get that as cheap as possible. That might actually sell more than the OP5 if the phone isn't radically better.

I don't even mind that OP5 is basically an iPhone ripoff.

The issue is what steps are they taking to make this better than the OP3T.

That phone already had solid performance.

If the OP5 is gonna cost 500+ then that camera needs to be on point. If not then why not just get an OP3T for cheaper if the real world performance is virtually the same for both phones?

Like hell just price drop the OP3T, and get that as cheap as possible. That might actually sell more than the OP5 if the phone isn't radically better.

If it's going to be 500+, it better have CDMA. No reason something like the Axon 7 has CDMA and this can't, especially at this price.

Knowing Google, the new Pixels will have taller displays, but keep the big ass bezels. Also, 5.6" for the XL would be too small, in my opinion.

Jeffrey

More benchmarks and what not. Op5 being 1080p seems likely. Disappointing, but at the very least there is no chance of op5 losing in any 'speed tests'

Pixel XL so I know I don't need too but I still want it
Probably would be a downgrade going to the OP5 then. You already have one of the best cameras and screens and processors. The performance increase won't be noticeable in day to day stuff unless you game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyway to get the original Google Phone app running on a Moto Z? The phone one is based on stock. I downloaded the apk but it says not compatible with your phone.

yagal

Guess only phone oneplus is killing this year is HTC u lol.
Oh and sony.

They can win a bezel fight with a Sony flagship

Pixel 2 needs to be impressive when he come out because it will up against 2 j8sus : the iPhone and the final form of the S8 the Note 8 ...but HTC are making it, not even sure if it will be available in Italy

Jeffrey

What's a Cuban? I've had sandwiches at Cuban places but don't remember a Cuban.

Also something worth noting, op5 might be the only opportunity for an android phone to beat a iPhone in a phone buff speed test this year.

No pressure!

3t wasn't that much slower than the 7. There might be hope.

24 hours later, and the Android O DP3 is terrific, stable, fast, and treating my battery quite well. Not found a single issue with it.

Initial setup was rough, though, as I ended up having to remove my SIM card and turn wifi off to get past the "Checking device info" screen. No idea what was going on there.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Also something worth noting, op5 might be the only opportunity for an android phone to beat a iPhone in a phone buff speed test this year.

No pressure!

A Cuban is a sandwich with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and salami on Cuban bread. Superior meat/veggie/cheese ratio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_sandwich

Been working with a cracked S7 Edge for about a 9 months. Besides marks on the bezel it's totally fine and usable.
Until today.
Tons of issues. Looks like i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay it all off to get a new device. Phones are KILLING my wallet.

Is the best move for me just the S8 Edge? It looks cool, no problems there? Any more budget options people feel the need to recommend to me? Sherpa me, Android gaf

Jeffrey

Been working with a cracked S7 Edge for about a 9 months. Besides marks on the bezel it's totally fine and usable.
Until today.
Tons of issues. Looks like i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay it all off to get a new device. Phones are KILLING my wallet.

Is the best move for me just the S8 Edge? It looks cool, no problems there? Any more budget options people feel the need to recommend to me? Sherpa me, Android gaf
If money is an issue, go get a g5+ or a moto z play. Probably runs smoother than your Samsung at a fraction of the price. Camera aren't as good though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Until today.

If it has to be right now today you got 3 options IMO.

Galaxy S8/+ - Same phone just one is bigger than the other. Safest play at this point for high end.

Moto G5+ - Solid phone for cheap especially on Amazon if you want to go the offer route. It's performance is super solid, but don't expect flagship stuff like a great camera or waterproofing

Pixel /XL - Same phone just one is bigger. Not a bad option, but I wouldn't pay launch pricing for one at this stage in the game

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What's the best way to go about playing my own mp3s on a Pixel? Google searches bring up all sorts of weird articles and apps from, like, 2010. Isn't there any current and good media player? I know I can sync my stuff with Google Play, but that's still going to use my data and/or wifi all the time.

Jeffrey

htc is in stock on amazon. could overnight it and play around with it... hmmmm... still better to just wait for op5.

no feature on the htc U interests me.

aw shit. maybe invite system is back for op5 lol.

http://www.gsmarena.com/buying_a_oneplus_5_will_require_an_invite_at_least_in_india-news-25524.php

at least in india.

What's the best way to go about playing my own mp3s on a Pixel? Google searches bring up all sorts of weird articles and apps from, like, 2010. Isn't there any current and good media player? I know I can sync my stuff with Google Play, but that's still going to use my data and/or wifi all the time.

pretty sure play music can play music locally.

Also you can download your music for offline play on google play music which is what I do.

kaiyo

No pressure!

The Xperia XZ Premium already slaying all the phones out now in speed tests

just put the mp3s on the phone and play them.

htc is in stock on amazon. could overnight it and play around with it... hmmmm... still better to just wait for op5.

no feature on the htc U interests me.

aw shit. maybe invite system is back for op5 lol.

http://www.gsmarena.com/buying_a_oneplus_5_will_require_an_invite_at_least_in_india-news-25524.php

at least in india.

pretty sure play music can play music locally.

Also you can download your music for offline play on google play music which is what I do.

Play Music is garbage for local music playing.

Top Bottom