• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239684839 said:
Remember when Google was gonna overhaul Google Music when they introduced Material?
Well, it was overhauled, just not in the way anyone wanted.

Android-L-Material-Play-Music.jpg

Really wish this mockup design had actually...materialized. Just using the adaptive color stuff in the current app would be nice.

Quasar

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239684839 said:
Remember when Google was gonna overhaul Google Music when they introduced Material?

Well its fine to me (I have other issues other than interface). Its the AndroidTV app that I'm disappointed by with its lack of updates. Hopefully with O and the new interface something happens.

Jeffrey

man i hope 8gb ram is an option for the US. rest of the world get the baller versions of phones while we get peasant 4gb.

Jeffrey

lol just realized nexus 6 has amoled panel. Was like this is a really nice LCD panel for 2014!

and the stereo speakers and performance... for $600 at launch I think, seemed like a good price for what you get. I probably should have gotten one back then instead of the iphone 6 plus at least... man was that a disappointment.

Saiyan-Rox

lol just realized nexus 6 has amoled panel. Was like this is a really nice LCD panel for 2014!

and the stereo speakers and performance... for $600 at launch I think, seemed like a good price for what you get. I probably should have gotten one back then instead of the iphone 6 plus at least... man was that a disappointment.

Only issue with it was the price when it launched and the fact I couldn't stop myself spinning the thing when on a table.

Still on the fence if I should get a OP5 I'm like having an enteral fight with myself.

IronRaven

Did yours get the touch disease?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I remember the Nexus 6 being $600 was a crime against humanity if you asked everyone online.

Looking back, it really was a decent price for what you got. I'm glad the Nexus = cheap mentality is dead now.

Jeffrey

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_5_india_pricing_leaked-news-25499.php

seems like ram and storage are tied together, which is typical for chinese phones. Just offer that 8gb ram in the states pls.

Did yours get the touch disease?

on iphone? nope. it just always ran not amazing. 1gb of ram wasn't enough. it held apps in memory about as good as my s8!

I'm not sure what's weirder. The fact that I paid $550 for a Blackberry in 2017, or the fact that I absolutely love it so far.

just don't bend it or drop it. screen will come off!

I remember the Nexus 6 being $600 was a crime against humanity if you asked everyone online.

Looking back, it really was a decent price for what you got. I'm glad the Nexus = cheap mentality is dead now.

nexus 6 was $50 less than cheapest tiny pixel.

also hey, its a motorola phone, so my nexus 6 works with all my QC chargers lol.

just wish this thing had more battery.

I do like this size though, i kinda miss my mate 9.

My 2017 phones went from:

5.9" mate 9 to 5" pixel to w/e the fuck the s8+ is, to this 6" nexus 6 I snagged for project fi.

Rest of the year, thinking op5 or essential, one of the 2, then iphone.

Quasar

So I've used the new O build for a while on my Nexus 5X. It does seem to run faster than te last one. The last one I found had some slowness issues at times.

One little thing I've noticed (dunno if this is new) is that now the notification shade lists all the apps running in the background and provides a way to get straight to a shutdown option. I do like that.

The pocketcasts player on the shade seems nicer too, with it showing album art and more materialness.

Haven't really digged in far, but I'm pretty happy so far. Really want to see how notification channels work, but I guess it will be a while before we can try that out.

Top Bottom