• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

this_guy

Surprised there's been no leaks of the ZTE Axon 7 successor. We'll have full details of the Honor 9 and OnePlus within the week or so.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So glad I got a AT&T phone. On vacation and getting shit for service here, but I got WiFi.

WiFi calling and texting ftw!

Now to go chill at the beach then go eat a bunch of oysters.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Real talk don't know if I could deal with a pentile matrix oled 1080p screen that wasn't a budget phone like the Moto G.

That would be virtually a non starter for me with the OP5.

Jeffrey

i just want something with more than 4gb of ram with a US warranty.

and no, i'm not gonna buy an asus with a sd821. I've had a terrible experience with a zenphone something lol

Guys, WTF?

hSYC3Zf_d.jpg
6 hours? Is Spotify this shit? My internet is more than enough to get the job done in less than an hour.

Jeffrey

The only sign to avoid 1+2 was the Snap810 which every flagship that year had (aside the Galaxy S6 which was a godsend that year for americans i assume)

also no quick charge of any sort.

and company bragging it's a 2016 flagship killer, and crazy throttling that makes it perform like crap at load.

And hey we broke up with cynogen and started our own OS.

and company bragging it's a 2016 flagship killer, and crazy throttling that makes it perform like crap at load.

Yep plus no NFC. Was a pretty bad phone all around, but all phones with those shitty snapdragon 808 and 810 processors that year were bad. OnePlus 2 almost caused OnePlus to go out of business, but they redeemed themselves with OnePlus 3.

LeleSocho

Banned

Oxygen OS is not bad imho.

Lots of other 810 devices either throttled or became so hot that they were forced to *cough* Xperia Z5 line *cough* so that's an embedded "quality" of having that crap SoC.

NeOak

Cant use unlocked since i need Wi fi calling on AT&T.

On other news, I'm using the max battery saving mode on the S8+ right now. Wow. It really shuts down everything lol.

IronRaven

Cant use unlocked since i need Wi fi calling on AT&T.

On other news, I'm using the max battery saving mode on the S8+ right now. Wow. It really shuts down everything lol.

At that point, wouldn't it be better to just put the phone's screen brightness down to the lowest setting and then put in airplane mode?

Jeffrey

Sprint is the new AT&T.
At least I get decent coverage on at&t around here.

LEecho pro 3 is like $230 at best buy lol. Killer price for the specs. My dad hasn't gotten an update since Feb though. Im guessing their US team is basically dead after the layoffs. Not sure if there is much community support.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sprint would sell a mop if it had their network support

Where'd all that SoftBank money go anyway?

Edit: right here: https://9to5google.com/2017/06/12/s...60-degree-camera-preorder-specs-availability/

As we noted earlier this week, the company has close ties to Sprint which makes the partnership less than surprising. Andy Rubin and SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, whose company owns an 83% stake in Sprint, have a relationship and partnership. In addition, Rubin serves as an advisor for SoftBank’s Vision investment fund.

Motorola Announced two new budget smartphones with the new Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus. The E4 retails at $130 and comes with a 5" 1280x720 display, Snapdragon 425, 2GB of RAM, 16GB Storage and a 2,800 mAh (removable?) battery. It also has a 5MP front camera and 8MP rear facing camera and comes with Android 7.1 Nougat.

The Moto E4 Plus retails at $180 has a 5.5" 1280x720, Snapdragon 427, 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB of storage and a 5,000 mAh battery. It also ha a 5MP front camera and 12MP rear camera. That battery life has got to be insane given the chip set and screen resolution...

Motorola Announced two new budget smartphones with the new Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus. The E4 retails at $130 and comes with a 5" 1280x720 display, Snapdragon 425, 2GB of RAM, 16GB Storage and a 2,800 mAh (removable?) battery. It also has a 5MP front camera and 8MP rear facing camera and comes with Android 7.1 Nougat.

The Moto E4 Plus retails at $180 has a 5.5" 1280x720, Snapdragon 427, 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB of storage and a 5,000 mAh battery. It also ha a 5MP front camera and 12MP rear camera. That battery life has got to be insane given the chip set and screen resolution...
I really wish T-Mobile would offer Motorola phones.
I don't want to give up wifi calls (even with how little I use it, it's great to have when I need it), but Motorola seems to be one of the few phone makers that is putting sizable batteries in their phone.

I guess I could look into Google Voice/Hangouts for wifi calling when I'm traveling or don't have cell signal.
Can I receive calls with Google Voice on my android phone (with the same number as my cell phone)? Haven't really looked into it too much.

Quixzlizx

I really wish T-Mobile would offer Motorola phones.
I don't want to give up wifi calls (even with how little I use it, it's great to have when I need it), but Motorola seems to be one of the few phone makers that is putting sizable batteries in their phone.

I guess I could look into Google Voice/Hangouts for wifi calling when I'm traveling or don't have cell signal.
Can I receive calls with Google Voice on my android phone (with the same number as my cell phone)? Haven't really looked into it too much.

Doesn't T-Mobile's Digits thing let you do this?

Top Bottom