• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Jeffrey

i just want an android phone on at&t that can wifi call that is stockish android. is it that hard to ask for?

at&t said they were looking to open up to some unlock phones at some point... but they said that like 2 years ago lol

reKon

Banned
The reviews are coming out and yep the iPad Pro 10.5 is a fucking beast. This may very well be the first Apple product I ever own and it couldn't be a more appropriate choice considering the competition. Unless Samsung comes in hard with the Tab S4 or reduces the Tab S3 to something stupid cheap, I think I would be willing to put up $600 for the 256GB iPad Pro. I can wait.

The main thing that changed my mind is that it seems like there are workarounds for avoiding having to use iTunes. Also, if I go this route, then I may go for a bigger phone screen for PS4 remote play purposes because that's the one big app that iOS doesn't have.

Jeffrey

The verge iPad review is hilarious. The device is overkill good!

I do kinda want an iPad pro though. Just realize I don't have a tablet anymore of decent size. Surface pro 3 isn't amazing to hold for reading comics.

LeleSocho

Banned
Google Hires Key Apple Chip Architect to Build Custom Chips for Pixel Phones. Google got serious ...
http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/google-manu-gulati-pixel-chips-1202464014/

Intel right now:
SQiUgv8.gif

yagal

I'm kinda miss my LG G4
The SOC was shit but that screen and the camera, the 1+ is not a killer, with all the price drop the G6 could be a better value. I don't know where I gonna drop my 3T and take a G6

Don't beat me.

kharma45

I'm kinda miss my LG G4
The SOC was shit but that screen and the camera, the 1+ is not a killer, with all the price drop the G6 could be a better value. I don't know where I gonna drop my 3T and take a G6

Don't beat me.
I liked by G4 but the bootloop issue was a fucking shambles and LG looked to weasel out of their warranty any way they could. They wouldn't fix mine because there was a small hairline crack on the edge of the camera glass. Apparently that invalidated the warranty...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
iPad Pro is sorta in the same spot as the Tab S3.

It's even more amazing in some ways than the Tab S3, but both are overkill for their market outside of if you need pen(cil) support.

Even iOS11 doesn't really make it a laptop replacement. Even Det on his verge video review admitted this.

Like the product in and of itself is great, but who really needs a 650 iPad Pro? A lot of people want one for obvious reasons, but it feels like overkill for the average consumer.

I guess the good thing is eventually you'll be able to pick up one for a cheaperish entry point.

Jeffrey

meh, ill probably get a ipad pro to read comics/manga.

sp3 is a bit too heavy and gets hot.

gonna play with one at the apple store, lets see how 120fps scroliing on a tablet is like.

reKon

Banned

gonna play with one at the apple store, lets see how 120fps scroliing on a tablet is like.

Are these in Apples stores yet? I'll probably check out this weekend.

Are these in Apples stores yet? I'll probably check out this weekend.

There were about 20 of them on display at my local Apple Store when I went to pick up my iPad Pro. They had both the 10.5" and 12.9" sitting out some with the Smart Keyboard to play with and some with the Apple Pencil to mess around with.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Isn't that overkill for comics/manga other than maybe preference for the aspect ratio?

Why not just get the regular iPad?

Jeffrey

Isn't that overkill for comics/manga other than maybe preference for the aspect ratio?

Why not just get the regular iPad?

might as well get the best new screen right? Money isn't a huge issue. Also read that there are stutter issues with the new budget ipad.

(I had a ipad pro 13" that i sold a few months ago).

Jeffrey

man... maybe its the whiskey... but i kinda lost motivation on buying anymore android phones... until there is one that can do wifi calling on at&t, that isn't sammy or lg.

probably switch to iphone completely until either at&t changes policies, or I get a new gig somewhere with better cell signal lol.

IronRaven

Since I am slowly going from college student to full blown adult and will be paying for my own phone bill, this opens up a world of possibilities. I'll be free to use GSM carriers!

Jeffrey

Since I am slowly going from college student to full blown adult and will be paying for my own phone bill, this opens up a world of possibilities. I'll be free to use GSM carriers!

im near 30, make 6 figures, and i'm still on my parents family plan. Cheaper to pay them that $35 or w/e, vs going solo for $70+ a month.

man... maybe its the whiskey... but i kinda lost motivation on buying anymore android phones... until there is one that can do wifi calling on at&t, that isn't sammy or lg.

probably switch to iphone completely until either at&t changes policies, or I get a new gig somewhere with better cell signal lol.
Me right now. I'm actually bored with Android at the moment and the iPhone ™ Edition set for release looks awesome. I got impatient​ and got the 7+ to mess around with iOS.
Will you be testing out different phones though.

Groof

might as well get the best new screen right? Money isn't a huge issue. Also read that there are stutter issues with the new budget ipad.

(I had a ipad pro 13" that i sold a few months ago).

im near 30, make 6 figures, and i'm still on my parents family plan. Cheaper to pay them that $35 or w/e, vs going solo for $70+ a month.
someone's feeling themselves tonight

reKon

Banned
someone's feeling themselves tonight

Lol

Anyways, I still really like my Tab Pro S. The AMOLED screen is brilliant and the performance has been fantastic, especially for browsing and multitasking. My biggest reason for switching is mainly related to battery life. I did have my tablet replaced by Samsung so the actually in-use battery life is good now. My issues mainly relate to Microsoft not knowing what the fuck their doing when it comes to handling idle battery life. For me to get anything similar to what I got on my Android tablet, I would have to use hibernation mode... which kind of defeats the purpose of the device being one that you can just pick up and use instantly.

There are other small things I miss such as being able to use the device as an alarm clock, which can be done with a Android tablet/iPad.

My one fear though is that I may actually miss using the full size keyboard that was included with my Tab Pro S. I'm able to type very quickly on this and there's plenty of space. I also have had no issues using this on my lap. I may not mind as much because if I'm using this when traveling, then I'm most liking watching TV/films or playing a game.

The iPad Pro just came with so many other surprises such as improvements from iOS 11 and the crazy screen that I think it's worth going for it this time. It's going to take a while for it to hit the price point I'm looking for, but in the mean time, I still have this solid device to use. I figure that I should be able to sell for $300 - $350 once I'm ready to make that switch.

Jeffrey

if you were you would be saying how you're poor like everyone else while spending more money than most people earn in a year in a single weekend

I'm too stingy about that lol. I spoil myself with tech and games but I tend to sell things when I get bored so net cost isn't much. Quit drinking and other costly stuff for the most part. Won't pass on free booze though.

Groof

I'm too stingy about that lol. I spoil myself with tech and games but I tend to sell things when I get bored so net cost isn't much. Quit drinking and other costly stuff for the most part. Won't pass on free booze though.
lol nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements bro good on you for quitting drinking too. that's def where most my money goes

and burgers

Top Bottom