• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

SuperOrez

Hi everyone, so my wife just bought me a Samsung Tab E. I just what i can do with thia thing that i couldn't just do with my phone. I never really understood why tablets are a thing but it might just be my ignorance of them. Help?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
FYI here are the AT&T S8(+) patch notes

Here is the current update: Android 7.0 Nougat

The details
Release date: June 13, 2017
Android version: 7.0
Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2017
Baseband version: G955USQU1AQEF
Kernel version: 4.4.16-11449429
Build number: NRD90M.G955USQU1AQEF
Build fingerprint: 7.0/NRD90M/G955USQU1AQEF
Previous version required: G955USQU1AQD9 or G955USQU1AQDE
File size: 375MB – 377MB
The updates
What's changing: Bixby updates and various UI enhancements, SD card synch and file transfer issue fixes, messaging enhancements, stability improvements, and Android device security updates.

Yea I have no interest in the OP5 so gl to anyone who's getting one. There's no compelling device coming out anytime soon for me so I'll probably wait till end of year to get anything new.

Vanillalite

might as well get the best new screen right? Money isn't a huge issue. Also read that there are stutter issues with the new budget ipad.

(I had a ipad pro 13" that i sold a few months ago).

Wat

There shouldn't be. I mean this is literally a faster iPad Air 2 with a decent amount of RAM. Idk why it would have any lag.

Vanillalite

That's the thing. The 3T was already fast and had great performance.

835 is a better chip, but you probably won't see a big performance difference in day to day use.

So it's basically just a better camera.

Feels like the better buy is just try and get a cheap 3T.

Jeffrey

1080p too low for ya?

Thank God there is some reuben phone out this month.

For the low price of $700.

Wonder if reviews soon?

That's the thing. The 3T was already fast and had great performance.

835 is a better chip, but you probably won't see a big performance difference in day to day use.

So it's basically just a better camera.

Feels like the better buy is just try and get a cheap 3T.
The camera on the 3T is disappointing so I cannot in good conscience recommend to someone who cares about that.

Ty4on

YouTube has a nice bug.
Start a video then lock the device to pause it. I didn't need to do anything fancy, first time I had closed the app and the screen was on.
Next, start playing audio from a Bluetooth device. I just tried it with a car audio system which autoplays when you choose it as a source.
???
YouTube video now plays in the background. I don't have Red. You can't change anything, doesn't even show a notification, but it will continue through a playlist.
If you want a fragile phone with no headphone jack I guess.
Yes please

Vanillalite

1080p too low for ya?

Thank God there is some reuben phone out this month.

For the low price of $700.

Wonder if reviews soon?

Actual 1080p is fine aka lcd.

Cheap pentile 1080p amloed screens that function closer to 720p are a no go for a "flagship killer" IMO.

Google Pixel's low sales prove mindshare doesn't equal market share

If you look at the flagships the media loves to talk about, you may be inclined to believe that the Pixel and Pixel XL are two of the most popular high-end smartphones today. It is easy to think that when you have so many major outlets comparing them to the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ like they're in the same league somehow or as attractive to consumers.

YouTube has a nice bug.
Start a video then lock the device to pause it. I didn't need to do anything fancy, first time I had closed the app and the screen was on.
Next, start playing audio from a Bluetooth device. I just tried it with a car audio system which autoplays when you choose it as a source.
???
YouTube video now plays in the background. I don't have Red. You can't change anything, doesn't even show a notification, but it will continue through a playlist.

just tried it with my Gear Fit 2 and yep, the music plays with the phone off.

YouTube has a nice bug.
???

Yes please

Youtube did that for me when I was in a lyft. I had been watching a video prior to being picked up. Like ten minutes into the ride spiderfingers voice started blasting out of my phone.

Is the Nextbit Robin still getting updates? Didn't the company go out of business?

I saw a Amazon review that said the company was bought by Razer and updates and support would go for one more year. Then who knows and I'm not sure when that year starts/ends.

edit :beaten like a tijuana zebra

Ty4on

Mr.Shrugglesツ;240789432 said:
Youtube did that for me when I was in a lyft. I had been watching a video prior to being picked up. Like ten minutes into the ride spiderfingers voice started blasting out of my phone.

lol, good to know if it's something you don't wanna share.
That's kinda how I figured it out too. Got into the car and suddenly YT is playing through the speakers. I found it kinda funny because Android never knowing what media player to open when I get into the car has frustrated me for years now. It does not reliably play from the app that was last used and there's no way of setting a default player for BT that I know of.

I had a similar bug some time ago with the repeat button. If I finished a YT video I would get a YT notification with a repeat button. If I pressed it the audio would play in the background and I even got a skip button to go to the next video in the playlist. That was a bit finicky tho (the notification often didn't come up) while this method worked all three times I tried it.

Jeffrey

don't think 128gb pixel xl was ever on sale on their store until recently lol, and now 835 is a thing now.

not gonna pay $870 today for a sd 821 phone with no water proofing, funky bluetooth etc.

Groof

Mr.Shrugglesツ;240813675 said:
😏
31e16c7c6274dadef4218b7079b8bfc4.png

Top Bottom