• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Jasoco

Banned
He has DVD's, right? How many episodes are on them? Shame he couldn't put the first 100 on one set. Or maybe do them in 50 episode increments.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jasoco said:
He has DVD's, right? How many episodes are on them? Shame he couldn't put the first 100 on one set. Or maybe do them in 50 episode increments.
They're normally authored DVDs though, so that explains the size anyway... and he releases them as annual compilations for the most part.

And yay, new vid!

My-body-is-ready.jpg

That definitely set up E.T. for the movie. Anyway holy shit at how crappy Jurassic Park for the 3DO was. Also, someone needs to go make Super Schindler's List 3D now!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I had Hook and Jurassic Park on SNES. Hook was a great platformer while, like he said, JP's worst aspect was being unable to save.

low-G

Andrex said:
Well that's it until the movie guys. :(

So I watched the one video that was up on Gametrailers where he talked about the movie writing and such. Does anyone know what kind of production he's going for? Is it a movie for the internet or is he going to show it at Sundance or something?

low-G said:
So I watched the one video that was up on Gametrailers where he talked about the movie writing and such. Does anyone know what kind of production he's going for? Is it a movie for the internet or is he going to show it at Sundance or something?
Maybe FOX is producing it with a $100 million budget...

Jasoco

Banned
I was going to get Jurassic Park on the SNES when it was out but when we went to the store I decided instead to get Super Mario All-Stars.

I made the right decision.

Cipherr

Holy shit at Jurassic Park 3DO. The truck park killed me. The truck moved fast as hell, and the dinosaurs yell "HEYYY!" when you hit one and die.......

Is this real life?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Jasoco said:
I was going to get Jurassic Park on the SNES when it was out but when we went to the store I decided instead to get Super Mario All-Stars.

I really liked Jurassic Park SNES :(
I also kinda liked JP Genesis

I can see how it's pretty bad seen from today, but in the days, it was a pretty cool game :/

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Great episode this week. I actually lol'd, which I haven't done at nerd in a while.

The fairy floating in front of the text, the random leaf you can't get off, the bizarre 3DO Jurassic Park... all gold.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Jasoco said:

I think you're the first person I've come across who actually paid for All-Stars, as opposed to getting it free from Nintendo Power. Crazy.

N4Us

JesseZao said:
Wow. Was there any direction for the 3D0 version at all? Looks like they turned the high-school interns loose!

The first-person part where you run from the dinosaur in the tunnel would be legitimately cool as a whole game. Too bad the whole thing was Jurassic Party 3D.

ZeroGravity

One of my biggest gaming regrets was never being able to beat Jurassic Park SNES. I kept getting closer and closer, but the game was just too confusing and I always ended up surrendering because of the lack of a save feature.

Nerd needs to redo his Battletoads review. Yeah, he played the parts of the game that 90% of people have seen, but he still missed like 80% of the game. So many gems of frustration not capitalized on.

Maybe he couldn't beat the bike level?

Jasoco

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
I think you're the first person I've come across who actually paid for All-Stars, as opposed to getting it free from Nintendo Power. Crazy.
At the time I already had a Nintendo Power subscription. People already subscribed don't get free stuff. It's like the people who don't get free toasters because they've had an account with the bank for years and didn't get squat when they signed up. Also, at the time my subscription wasn't arriving because we moved and so Nintendo somehow kept all 40+ issues at their warehouse until we called to resubscribe years later only to find out we were already subscribed and they sent all 40 issues in the mail. My GOD was that an awesome day. I had every issue up through 53 or so. Including the 50th Zelda: Link's Awakening issue. That was a hell of a lot of fun reading.

I DID however get the free (+$15 SH) Dragon Warrior game years earlier. My first RPG and my favorite RPG franchise. Though I've only beaten the first game and never finished VIII and never owned any of the others and only got II, III and IV later as ROM's as well as the GameBoy I+II game that I never beat and lost a few months later but it's okay because I still love the series and wish I could play it on my iPad or Wii.

AcridMeat

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF @ Jurassic Park 3DO, that was amazing lol

I bet $1 million that the plot of the movie involves James searching for the ET Landfill.

Maybe so that he can throw his copy there? Putting it in it's rightful place.

Enjoyed this one and it successfully made me hyped for the movie.

kunonabi

I hated Jurassic Park for the SNES.

I left my SNES on for two months during a summer vacation so I could finish it when I got back. What was my reward?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTao08upXok

Screw that game.

I beat the GB port of the NES game as well but the Genesis game was my favorite of the bunch.

Haven't played a JP game since.

Gravijah

Haha oh man I remember trying to play Jurassic Park Part 2 : The Chaos Continues as a kid and getting stuck on the first level, too.

Vormund

ZeroGravity said:
One of my biggest gaming regrets was never being able to beat Jurassic Park SNES. I kept getting closer and closer, but the game was just too confusing and I always ended up surrendering because of the lack of a save feature.

I finished it! On an emulator admittedly, I couldn't finish it originally because it had no password or save function.

So yeah about 10 years after I got the game I finish it eagerly anticipating the ending below.

"You have escaped Jurassic Park"

Thats it. Just those words no pictures or anything.

WTF I waited 10 years for that!!!!

edit: Kunonabi I feel for you too friend. :~(

Medalion

Banned
Super Schindler's List 3D for the 3DS confirmed

Oh and is E.T. for Atari 2600 really THAT bad? I looked up some gameplay footage... wow... it may not be the worst but I can see how it would make someone cry in confusion and frustration

CoffeeJanitor said:
Worse ending IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5PWNcSweI

Fuck this game. I can't imagine that happening in the arcade (You have to play to the second to last level and then jump through some random-ass portal to get to the *real* final level/boss). I would flip my shit

When I was a kid, my best friend at the time and I would play everyday until we beat it. Even though the ending is kind of lame even on 2P mode, it felt satisfying to do so because it required both of us bringing our A games.

Pretty good episode. I remember really liking the Hook game for the SNES. My cousin had the game and every time I'd go to her house we would play the game until we beat it.

Jurassic Park for the Genesis was my favorite version of the game. Sure it was hard as hell but playing as the Raptor was awesome. JP on the Sega CD was the most disappointing crap I had ever played on that system. I was so hyped for it and yeah it was not really good. Thankfully it was only a rental and I didn't buy it.

MicH

Great episode, I really can't wait for the movie. How will that movie work out?? I'm not quite sure I get the concept, but I'm looking forward to it.

Super Schindler's List 3D was a highlight for me. How did he even come up with that? Awesome. I love James.

isny

napkin dispenser
Totobeni said:
AVGN the Movie? now The Irate Gamer will need to make a movie too.

He's trying to make a feature though. Apparently he's really trying hard to shop it around, as he has film experience. (As opposed to the Irate Gamer who is just a copycat with no film experience AFAIK)

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
Pretty good episode. I remember really liking the Hook game for the SNES. My cousin had the game and every time I'd go to her house we would play the game until we beat it.

Hook for the SNES was an amazing game, which is probably why he skipped it. It was one of the few movie games as the time to not suck and not be a clone of a Japanese game with a few details thrown in to pretend it's a movie game.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
For anyone wondering about Jurassic Park Interactive. What he mostly focused on were the minigames Nedry set up. You know how Nedry has that little animation in the film, "Ah, ah ah, you didn't say the magic word." Well the game just expanded on Nedry messing with people and had is own little ripoff games. They were more like little diversions than the main game. Though the triceratops shooting game was pretty hard.

JPI certainly had his problems, but trying to bash a game based on it's minigames is pretty stupid. He could at least have made fun of how Sam Jackson's character in the game is Indian (I think) or how Hammond is the same guy that played Nedry just with gray hair. Show the videos of the fake actors running through woods that look nothing like JP. Or the Howie scream when you fail the T-rex chase.

USD

Wow at Jurassic Park 3DO. Totally random.

Didn't know AVGN was making a movie. Something to look forward to now.

Out of curiosity, if James calls out for extras for his movie, how many of you would show up? I probably will.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

tQE2S.jpg

vaTkM.jpg

G3TE3.jpg

krae_man

kunonabi said:
I hated Jurassic Park for the SNES.

I left my SNES on for two months during a summer vacation so I could finish it when I got back. What was my reward?

Screw the haters, that game was awesome. Just spend 20 minutes going in and out of the roof of the Visitors center to stock up on Rocket Launchers and Bolas and you're set. Only problem was the lack of a save feature.

Gravijah said:
Haha oh man I remember trying to play Jurassic Park Part 2 : The Chaos Continues as a kid and getting stuck on the first level, too.

I was able to beat 3 or 4 of the stages. The gallimimus one, the T-Rex one, A Raptor one and maybe one more. I think the furthest I ever got was the third emergency mission.

ZeroGravity said:

I was like that too until one afternoon I was determined to do it. I made notes! I wrote down the ID cards I found and where I found them, all the terminal locations, I wrote down the rooms I couldn't enter and what floor there were on etc. The terminals for security clearance and radioing the ship and help were the hardest part.

jurassic park: the chaos continues was a pretty decent shoot-em-up. my friend and i played the hell out of it back in the day. we beat the entire game in a few hours, but some of the bosses/enemies were just super cheap.

Medalion

Banned
I remember the first Jurassic Park for the Genesis, as a matter of fact it was my only other Genesis game I had besides the Sonic 2...that bit made me nostalgia

ZAK

This one seemed like a return to form, but a lot of the time his heart just didn't seem like it was into it. I didn't feel the anger.

Davey Cakes

Honestly, I enjoy every nerd video and review, but it's felt like he's been phoning in the "anger" for a long time now. Then again, I guess it doesn't matter much if his early work was just exaggerated anger, especially when his reviews now are a bit more in depth.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Jasoco said:
At the time I already had a Nintendo Power subscription. People already subscribed don't get free stuff. It's like the people who don't get free toasters because they've had an account with the bank for years and didn't get squat when they signed up. Also, at the time my subscription wasn't arriving because we moved and so Nintendo somehow kept all 40+ issues at their warehouse until we called to resubscribe years later only to find out we were already subscribed and they sent all 40 issues in the mail. My GOD was that an awesome day. I had every issue up through 53 or so. Including the 50th Zelda: Link's Awakening issue. That was a hell of a lot of fun reading.

I DID however get the free (+$15 SH) Dragon Warrior game years earlier. My first RPG and my favorite RPG franchise. Though I've only beaten the first game and never finished VIII and never owned any of the others and only got II, III and IV later as ROM's as well as the GameBoy I+II game that I never beat and lost a few months later but it's okay because I still love the series and wish I could play it on my iPad or Wii.

Heh, and I think I am the only person who actually bought Dragon Warrior 1 and didn't receive it from the NP promotion.

LOL

I remember the Jaws game, my buddy had it and I guess he had lost the manual because we had no idea what the hell we were doing, just sailed around shooting things

Another buddy had the Jurassic Park SNES game and I also recall us having no idea where to go or ever getting to the end of the game

How was Jurassic Park on NES and SNES? Wasn't NES dead when JP came out?

Top Bottom