• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

xzoowy said:
In fact he is producing alot of other sutff on a weekly basis. He does Board James , You know whats bullshit, Overanalysers and Various movie/cartoon/tv show review.

Here are some of his great videos not AVGN related :
Top 20 TMNT Cartoon series Flubs
Board James - Crossfire
TMNT cartoon series review

I've been enjoying the TMNT stuff, Board James, and I like his movie/show reviews...not so much on the other stuff. I think "Bullshit" and "Overanalyzers" are not that great though.

Downhome

Thanks for the bump. I have no problem with him doing basic videos like this while making the movie if it means we still get new episodes.

survivor

Banned
Loved the 7 deadly sins as a way to talk about how shitty the game is. I really hope he can release these short reviews consistently without long breaks. I can't keep watching his old reviews on youtube forever.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Love the classic episode take. But I felt the overall review was a little weak, resorting to lists and I didn't get a clear picture for why the game was horrible. I got a good idea of why it's bad, but not horrible.

Great, new Nerd!
Strange to know that this piece of shit is related to Psycho Fox, which I recall, being a great game. Yeah, maybe not as kool, but funny and playable.
And Dr. Claw's Dump N' Pump! WTF!? :D

Jokeropia

I watched a speed run of Kid Kool and the final boss is just a palette swap of the second boss. How incredibly lazy. Even if you only have like three different boss types you can at least have the final boss be unique.

Can someone tell me what game this is? It's from the opening.

untitledhpeg.png

Myriadis

I watched a speed run of Kid Kool and the final boss is just a palette swap of the second boss. How incredibly lazy. Even if you only have like three different boss types you can at least have the final boss be unique.
Oh,they're not only lazy when it comes to bosses.Kid Kool's running animation is just Marios running animation,as noticed by Waffle Ryebread from the Jul Forums.

Amagon

Myriadis said:
Oh,they're not only lazy when it comes to bosses.Kid Kool's running animation is just Marios running animation,as noticed by Waffle Ryebread from the Jul Forums.

So they copy the animation, but they couldn't copy the running/jumping mechanics too? Dumbasses!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Youta Mottenai said:
Great, new Nerd!
Strange to know that this piece of shit is related to Psycho Fox, which I recall, being a great game. Yeah, maybe not as kool, but funny and playable.

Decap Attack / Magical Hat Flying Turbo Adventure is also an awesome game. I played Decap Attack for the first time in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and it was one of my favorite games on the disc.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ahoyhoy said:
Not sure who the phantom mod is who keeps bumping it and changing the title, but hats off to them. It's nice to see contingency with a single series of videos that stretches waaay back into GAF history.
Yeah it's awesome. I mean the thread was started by demi. DEMI!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
THE NO LIFE KING said:
So they copy the animation, but they couldn't copy the running/jumping mechanics too? Dumbasses!
yeeeaah that wasn't the point.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
PetriP-TNT said:
I want to play Dr. Claw's Dump N' Pump

If this is not now made into an actual Flash game, the world is done a disservice.

Andrex said:
Love the classic episode take. But I felt the overall review was a little weak, resorting to lists and I didn't get a clear picture for why the game was horrible. I got a good idea of why it's bad, but not horrible.

Pretty much my thoughts. I appreciate the scaling back of scope over the more elaborate style that had evolved as the show went on, and it was a decent episode, but not particularly strong.

Youta Mottenai said:
Great, new Nerd!
Psycho Fox is okay, probably the best of the three in my opinion... I don't like DecapAttack much, though. I don't know, I just always find it really boring. I got it before Psycho Fox so I wasn't expecting much from Psycho Fox, but somehow I like that one more, even if it does also have some issues.

Anyway, as for this video, yeah, the game clearly is similar to those two, except you don't have that stupid little one-inch-forward attack that you get in both of the other games. Apart from that though it looks like the same thing but worse. So yeah, good episode. :)

Not a new episode, but a quick video of James briefly discussing plans for upcoming episodes, status of the movie, and asking for donations to help fund the movie.

The episode he's working on at the moment sounds interesting. He says it's the history behind the game more than the actual gameplay that makes it interesting, so sounds like it could be another Swordquest-style video. Should be gold if so. As a guess, I'd think maybe the Nintendo World Championship cart?

Seems he's realised the movie needs to be an indie joint and is looking to fans to help with the funding. Not interested in donating personally, but I did buy the DVD quad pack recently.

I felt like his expectations may have been too high to begin with, talking about a feature film and all that.

All I want from it is to be a longer version of one of the crazier Nerd eps (like R.O.B.) with a little story attached

Cmagus

Box of Bunnies said:
Not a new episode, but a quick video of James briefly discussing plans for upcoming episodes, status of the movie, and asking for donations to help fund the movie.

The episode he's working on at the moment sounds interesting. He says it's the history behind the game more than the actual gameplay that makes it interesting, so sounds like it could be another Swordquest-style video. Should be gold if so. As a guess, I'd think maybe the Nintendo World Championship cart?

Seems he's realised the movie needs to be an indie joint and is looking to fans to help with the funding. Not interested in donating personally, but I did buy the DVD quad pack recently.

Threw him a few bucks.Honestly all the AVGN and other site stuff of his I find really entertaining and enjoyable.Thing with James that I always liked is how passionate he is about making videos and movies so I supported him why not let him make his movie.

Cmagus said:
Honestly all the AVGN and other site stuff of his I find really entertaining and enjoyable.Thing with James that I always liked is how passionate he is about making videos and movies

Absolutely, which is why I was more than happy to buy the DVDs.

Hope it works out for him.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seems like he's getting a bit bogged down and also had to cut down on his vision, I hope that isn't the case. I guess I shouldn't expect the movie before 2014.

While the thread's bumped, might as well mention that a new episode of Board James has just released.

Andrex said:
Seems like he's getting a bit bogged down and also had to cut down on his vision, I hope that isn't the case.

In terms of being bogged down, he'd initially planned on just stopping the series while working on the movie, and now says he's trying to produce enough episodes that's got some buffer room. Not to mention that we're heading towards October, and I imagine that Monster Madness is a lot of work.

In terms of cutting down his vision or whatever, I guess it just depends on what he'd envisioned to begin with. Based on what we've been told about the concept, I think it'd work pretty well as an indie production if he can get it together. After that it's just a matter of distribution and marketing.

jett said:
Self-funding the movie ehh? Well I wish him the best of luck with that.

Well, it worked for Tommy Wiseau.

theroom.jpg

Top Bottom