• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Box of Bunnies said:
Not a new episode, but a quick video of James briefly discussing plans for upcoming episodes, status of the movie, and asking for donations to help fund the movie.

The episode he's working on at the moment sounds interesting. He says it's the history behind the game more than the actual gameplay that makes it interesting, so sounds like it could be another Swordquest-style video. Should be gold if so. As a guess, I'd think maybe the Nintendo World Championship cart?

Seems he's realised the movie needs to be an indie joint and is looking to fans to help with the funding. Not interested in donating personally, but I did buy the DVD quad pack recently.

I also gave him a few bucks, I love his AVGN work.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Hahaha,
so they had two copies of each game? How did they do that at the end??

I'd never heard of that game. Costs as much as a car? Video game collector madness I'll never understand.

B!TCH said:
Hahaha,
so they had two copies of each game? How did they do that at the end??

I'd never heard of that game. Costs as much as a car? Video game collector madness I'll never understand.
They probably printed a new label and put it onto another nes cart or a fake one.

Ferrio

Banned
When I actually played the game at powerfest, I fucked up reaaaaaly bad.

I didn't own mario with my NES (i had the gyromite/rob version), so I forgot about the first pipe with all the coins in it and instinctively went for the 1up instead. So I blew it right there within the first 30 seconds. I kicked myself so much for that.

oatmeal

Banned
Wow...that guys game collection is fucking unbelievable.

In plastic cases...IN the boxes...

Amazing.

(EDIT)

I actually got excited when they found the Gold one.

Soooo...how did he get those for real? That wasn't actually in the box I'm assuming...

I WANT MOAR INFO.

That was pretty funny. I laughed when they showed the real carts as if they seriously thought people were stupid enough to think they smashed thousands of dollars away for the sake of this video.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That was sort of a lame episode. Too much overwrought theatrics and bad acting. =/

My breath stopped
when he knocked both carts with a hammer though.
KuGsj.gif

Rapstah

The Pat the Punk guy supposedly has a gray cart at least according to Wikipedia.
In February 2010, video game collector/reviewer Pat the NES Punk discovered and acquired a gray cart in the San Diego area for an undisclosed amount.[15]
Either this video was a strangely hidden way to tell everyone that James found a gold cart somewhere or that one was fake. I'd assume the gray ones were fake too though because I can't imagine a hardcore collector using their carts as props.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
mysteriousmage09 said:
That was pretty funny. I laughed when they showed the real carts as if they seriously thought people were stupid enough to think they smashed thousands of dollars away for the sake of this video.

You're underestimating the stupidity of people.

I figured it was fake, but it still made me gasp when he destroyed them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BatDan said:
You're underestimating the stupidity of people.

I figured it was fake, but it still made me gasp when he destroyed them.

Yeah. Plus he's been known to spill fake blood on and rip up old gaming posters/magazines.

Darklord

Banned
Did the nerd really just find a cold cart NWC in a box full of crap? Imagine being the person who sold it and lost something that has sold for as much as $18,000. Also, did Pat got the gold one in the end?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cow Mengde said:
You guys really should check out Pat's stuff. It's pretty damn good too. You can see his entire NWC saga here.

http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=2957

BTW, the Alisia Dragoon Episode really is NSFW.

Thanks! His vids are rather similar to the nerd vids. New stuff to look at! :)

Bentendo

mysteriousmage09 said:

I think the point was to show that they actually owned the cartridges and that the ones they showed throughout the video weren't fake the whole time.

EDIT: Btw, that was one of his best episodes. When he pulled the gold cartridge out of the box I literally gasped. >.<

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One of the best AVGN I've ever seen. GOOD JOB!

Javier

Almost had a fucking heart attack when he destroyed the games. Figured they were fake, but those were pretty damn GOOD fakes.

It was like watching an unboxing video. Loved it.

Link1110

Andrex said:
That was sort of a lame episode. Too much overwrought theatrics and bad acting. =/

My breath stopped
when he knocked both carts with a hammer though.
KuGsj.gif
It was obvious. I saw the battery when he smashed the cart, which I doubt very much a NWC gold cart has. It was obviously Zelda.

Flying_Phoenix said:
People actually believe that James spent $18,000 for the gold NWC game just for this episode?

Pat hired a stripper to take her top off in one of his reviews. Granted, she probably wasn't asking for 18000, and they probably got lucky and found someone who didn't know the worth of the cart to sell it cheap.

Top Bottom