• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

oatmeal

Banned
Bisnic said:
I really dont remember any episode with a stripper. My memory is failing...

It's in one of the links above...for that Kasia game or whatever the hell it is.

It's like 20 minutes of shit, with a hot ass sprinkled in.

It wasn't even worth the 25 seconds of scanning for tits.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bisnic said:
I really dont remember any episode with a stripper. My memory is failing...
Cow Mengde posted a link in this thread.

Medalion

Banned
It was a long drawn out skit about 2 people geeking out over rare Nintendo game that turns out is just 3 short versions of already available games, and then the realization and destroys it

Good times

Anth0ny

Had a feeling that golden cart he destroyed was Zelda. He shouldn't have included those post credits scenes just to make people rage and question whether he actually destroyed the real cartridges =P

$200

Banned
Didn't the last NWC gold cartridge (after the $18000 one) sold for over $40000 on ebay? He should just sell it to fund his movie.

PNut

Banned
$200 said:
Didn't the last NWC gold cartridge (after the $18000 one) sold for over $40000 on ebay? He should just sell it to fund his movie.

I'd like to also know how he got both of those copies. Great episode nonetheless.

Anth0ny

$200 said:

LOL this is so true, but it's probably the toughest decision possible for an avid NES collector/passionate filmmaker.

If he advertises it as "The Angry Video Game Nerd's GOLD NWC cartridge, as seen in AVGN" it would probably go for more than $40000.

Anth0ny said:
Had a feeling that golden cart he destroyed was Zelda. He shouldn't have included those post credits scenes just to make people rage and question whether he actually destroyed the real cartridges =P

Pff. So he goes and destroys the greatest game ever. :\

oatmeal

Banned
Anth0ny said:
LOL this is so true, but it's probably the toughest decision possible for an avid NES collector/passionate filmmaker.

If he advertises it as "The Angry Video Game Nerd's GOLD NWC cartridge, as seen in AVGN" it would probably go for more than $40000.

It could just be a loaner from someone they know.

I have a feeling that he doesn't own it.

Amagon

Andrex said:
That was sort of a lame episode. Too much overwrought theatrics and bad acting. =/

My breath stopped
when he knocked both carts with a hammer though.
KuGsj.gif
My sentiments exactly

Motherfucker Mike posted this in the comments section:

"The NWC games are both Pats. He bought them and was kind enough to let us use them for this episode of AVGN. And yes they are both real."

N4Us

Anth0ny said:

He auctioned off the broken Jaguar CD player a while back and it sold quite well.

I could only imagine what an NWC would rake in.

Chao

To Far Away Times said:

"The NWC games are both Pats. He bought them and was kind enough to let us use them for this episode of AVGN. And yes they are both real."
That sucks, James deserves it more

Darklord

Banned
To Far Away Times said:

Aww. So he didn't find them in a random box? That would have been so cool.

heeh; I really liked Pats acting and expressions. I hope they make more collaborations (for an AVGN episode that is).

Oh and they got me good into thinking they destroyed to real cardriges. phew.

Count me in as one of the people who knew about the carts and their value, but never even knew what kind of game it was. Once SMB popped up on the screen, I laughed so hard.

Also, I can't imagine how paranoid they must have been and how many checks that must have been required before the destruction scene to make sure they were indeed destroying the fakes and not the real ones.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
To Far Away Times said:

Awww. Hope James gets a gold copy some day. But not until the AVGN movie is done so he doesn't have to face selling it. :p

Grinchy

Banned
Darklord said:
Well he did it for legal reasons. Nintendo wouldn't let him have that name.
Wow really? I just always assumed he did it so he could make episodes about games from any systems. Companies are shitty sometimes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Grinchy said:
Wow really? I just always assumed he did it so he could make episodes about games from any systems. Companies are shitty sometimes.

Eh it's not like "Nintendo" even necessarily meant "NES." It didn't to me, I thought at first he was just doing Nintendo systems, like the NES, SNES, etc. And besides, no matter the reason it worked out better in the end, since like you said now he can review games from any system.

maharg

idspispopd
Pretty sure he'd already done a review or two of other systems before he changed the name, but it was so long ago I could easily be wrong about that.

No, it was all Nintendo until I believe the Rocky Master System review that it became the Angry Video Game Nerd.

Grinchy said:

It's not true. He changed it so he can expand beyond Nintendo games and be able to sell merchandise in his name without legal issues.

Anth0ny

My god, Pat owns BOTH? Does anyone know how much he paid for those things?

I'm not a hardcore collector, so I'm not sure how it works, but do you pay for these kinds of things over time? Does the seller accept monthly payments over time? Do the buyers get a loan from the bank or something? I have a hard time believing you bid on it on ebay, and then send $10k over Paypal with a single click.

Or maybe Pat is a multi-millionaire? :lol

MicH

I really did not like this episode - in comparison to earlier episodes. It was alright, but definitely not my favorite. Can't wait to hear more about the movie.

Top Bottom