• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is there anything different in the second quest? Enemy placements/powerups/etc.? Or is it literally the same game?

"Speaking of weapons, there's also an axe which I found deep into level six.

Wanna know what that does?

Well I'm not gettin' it."

A+, bravo, would laugh again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Isn't the "red devil" from Ghosts and Goblins the main character (Firebrand) of Demon's Crest for the SNES?

Yes he is. Along with the Game Boy and NES predecessors Gargoyle's Quest I & II. He also shows up in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Cmagus

James says on his site it will be online on the weekend

"As for the web premiere, it won’t be like the new Godzilla teaser where it screens at Comic Con, then disappears into oblivion. We’re planning to post it that same weekend."

Interested in seeing it although he should have put it up already I mean everyone paid for his film to be made not Gametrailers.

"As for the web premiere, it won’t be like the new Godzilla teaser where it screens at Comic Con, then disappears into oblivion. We’re planning to post it that same weekend."

Interested in seeing it although he should have put it up already I mean everyone paid for his film to be made not Gametrailers.

that's not a nice way of thinking about it

apesh1t

Banned
You're not an entitled shithead at all, are you?

explain how he's a entitled shithead? wasn't this the film that he e-begged his way to getting way more money than he needed? Also his job is now making these goofy videogame films, seems like he should be able to fund it himself, or atleast not put it on a site like gametrailers to give them hits/money.

Cmagus

that's not a nice way of thinking about it

Sorry if that is the way I feel. Doesn't make me entitled at all alot of the community paid him alot of money to get his film made which I think is great. I understand it's exposure but I just don't think that those people should have to wait almost another week so Gametrailers can have the event if you don't agree oh well. Not gonna shit up this thread though I am done with this conversation.

explain how he's a entitled shithead? wasn't this the film that he e-begged his way to getting way more money than he needed? Also his job is now making these goofy videogame films, seems like he should be able to fund it himself, or atleast not put it on a site like gametrailers to give them hits/money.

You sound like an expert on easily making movies with your personal bank account.

He didn't "e-beg" anybody. What an overexaggerated point of view. He simply said, "Here's the page. Donate if you want." NONE of his main videos mentioned anything about where to donate or that he needed donations.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
He's allowed to build hype how he wants and producing online videos doesn't pay the kind of money we put up as fans for the project. I'm happy that the film exists as I donated myself, I just hope he comes to the UK at some point next year for a con appearance and film showing.

apesh1t

Banned
You sound like an expert on easily making movies with your personal bank account.

He didn't "e-beg" anybody. What an overexaggerated point of view. He simply said, "Here's the page. Donate if you want." NONE of his main videos mentioned anything about where to donate or that he needed donations.
I think the point he was making is that since this was funded by the fans it shouldn't be representative of any other website, nor should it come at a price to view it.

This is a gray area about money, it could go either way.

To be fair, the AVGN wouldn't have quite took off like it did without GT, and they are a business partner with him afterall. If they said:

"Hey man, you need to put the trailer on GT."
What's he suppose to say?
"No, fuck off assbags!!"

Medalion

Banned
This video helps put a perspective on Mike's involvement and answer to the haters with a bit of James to be in there for support

Cheerilee

This video helps put a perspective on Mike's involvement and answer to the haters with a bit of James to be in there for support

Mike helps set up James' computer and email.
James can't even type so Mike types James' emails out for him.
James and Mike collaborate on a few emails and nobody notices.
Mike writes his own email and sends it out under James' name.

People complain. They ask "Why doesn't Mike set up his own email, or a joint email?"

"Eh, who cares. Also, we do have a shared email. But using that one just seems like a bother."

People still complain. Mike bans people who complain. Mike becomes hated.

James and Mike have to do uncomfortable PR to try and prove Mike's worth. Also, eh, who cares if he's using the wrong name? Using the other one is too much bother.

It's nice to get behind-the-scenes stuff, but as PR for Mike, I expect it to fail.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You really have to wonder how the movie will look like compared to the episodes, whether its the "story" of the whole thing or the "special" effects. :p

I discovered AVGN thanks to GT. It's been two weeks since then and I've been watching and re watching his videos. Still haven't seen them all and i'm grateful for that. His stuff is really amazing, he's a great entertainer and has an excellent show. Looking forward to the movie.

jett

D-Member
You really have to wonder how the movie will look like compared to the episodes, whether its the "story" of the whole thing or the "special" effects. :p

Yeah. I mean, we haven't seen anything close to good photography in any of the Nerd episodes. :lol I'm sure they stepped it up for the movie.

oatmeal

Banned
He outdid himself with the production value....but it might have too many 'in jokes' to be that good.

Fuck it, I'll definitely see it.

Top Bottom