• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think it looks like a lot of fun. Knowing James from his movie reviews, this is the type of thing he would make.

Of course, I have a feeling sooo many people are going to miss the point. As long as Cinemassacre continues to ignore people like TheArchfiend then all is good.

inky

Are you guys serious? What were you expecting, lol.

Edit: and just as I write this more ppl agree. It looks like dumb jokes and a cheesy acting, he's known for liking both. Have you guys watched his videos before?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Wow, old thread. Throwback gaf with :lol and ****ing.

maharg

idspispopd
I think this looks like a lot of fun. Real 80s movie vibe to it. And I've generally been pretty unimpressed with his attempts at 'bigger budget' on the nerd videos.

jett

D-Member
This looks...kinda dumb. I mean, it's unsurprising if you've seen Rolfe's "films", but still, I expected better I guess. The sidekicks really rub me the wrong way.

Um it looks fine. It looks like exactly what I expected it to be. Of course James would make it a Bmovie...what did you expect. And I highly doubt everyone is going to hate it. I'm glad he's following his dream. It's like some of you want to see him fail at it.

turk128

Looks like a good old fashion Z-movie. Looking forward to watching the full flic.

I hope his success with this leads to him getting a relatively decent budget to do other flics; would love to see him tackle horror. His Mr. Bucket short is amongst the greatest fan made stuff I've seen.

Bgamer90

Banned
Using the kid from The Bernie Mac Show. Cool.

Looked okay.

Wasn't expecting a mind-blowingly good movie, but overall, I was expecting better. It's just the trailer though.

thefro

Yeah, for ~$300k I don't know what people were expecting. It was always going to be a funny B-movie. I'm actually impressed at what they're able to pull off in terms of scale.

I think it looks great myself.

Yeah, for ~$300k I don't know what people were expecting. It was always going to be a funny B-movie. I'm actually impressed at what they're able to pull off in terms of scale.

I think it looks great myself.

And let's not forget, a big chunk of that $325,000 went to Uncle Sam.

Izick

I'm late as fuck on this, but I absolutely loved this SNES vs. Genesis video. It's so fun seeing the guy do anything related to gaming really, but it's fun to see him look back when he was a kid, and give us a window in to his thinking back then, and then he gets to see how his views hold up and compare to what he thinks today. Really awesome.

Also, the last thing he says in Part 2 is true and heart-warming.

I'm late as fuck on this, but I absolutely loved this SNES vs. Genesis video. It's so fun seeing the guy do anything related to gaming really, but it's fun to see him look back when he was a kid, and give us a window in to his thinking back then, and then he gets to see how his views hold up and compare to what he thinks today. Really awesome.

Also, the last thing he says in Part 2 is true and heart-warming.

Woah, I've never seen these before. Thanks! Something to watch with breakfast.

Snaku

Banned
Vidya Game Wrestling Champ: AVGN

2HqFO.png

Medalion

Banned
Mike and James video game review/playthrough now?

They are really trying to get people to lighten up on Mike by shoving him in our faces

Anth0ny

The Video Store

God damn, James made a video store in his basement.

The video store is one of the most nostalgic things to me. I looked forward to every Friday, being able to pick up a VHS or Nintendo game from Blockbuster. I discovered a ton of films/games just from browsing the covers. So sad they don't exist anymore =(

Top Bottom