• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, they just put up Bible Games 3 on YouTube.
That would suck. While entertaining, Bible Games 3 already was some kind of "clean up".
There have to be more shitty christmas games to warrant another christmas special though.

rjc571

Banned
Good episode, the beginning bit with him trying to act like a sports fan was pretty lame but then he made up for it when he actually showed the games. The golf games had me rolling.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I like how straghtforward this one is. It's a far cry from some of the older ones, but it's reminiscent of the oldest ones, like the very first ones. James essentially got rid of the fat. I hope he keeps it up.

GIF GOLD MINE :D:D:D

avgn_sports1l4jm6.gif

avgn_sports2wfjfm.gif

avgn_sports38peo9.gif

avgn_sports4pykz9.gif

avgn_sports535j0p.gif

And a special
avgn_sports2_revjskws.gif

Also "purple man can't jump" :D:D:D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I like how straghtforward this one is. It's a far cry from some of the older ones, but it's reminiscent of the oldest ones, like the very first ones. James essentially got rid of the fat. I hope he keeps it up.

This.

Probably the best AVGN episode in a long time.

ckohler

Good episode. I can really relate too since I never pay attention to sports. Also, his new camera really makes these new videos look crazy sharp and great.

Atari Golf isn't as hard as he makes it out to be, though Three par is doable. I owned it as a kid. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No opening theme? Blasphemy!

Fantastic episode otherwise even if it didn't flow too well.

Jackano

Ahah I laughted pretty hard at that one, good episode!
Maybe James have his head more fresh for those short videos after the long period without it, working on the movie.

However, some very good spelling sequences, many plans of differents games (this probably takes time to shot), and even a constructive conclusion. Very good!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I like this Atari Sports episode. It was calmly paced, straight to the point yet extremely educating (in its own way). That Miniature Golf game was especially hilarious.

I wonder though, is this the Christmas episode or is there more coming? Not that I expect James to do a Bible Games IV (yes, there are many more Bible games), but something with a Christmas or winter theme would be nice.

oatmeal

Banned
I guess I gotta go downstairs to homeplate lol

That and the freakout over football and then the calm "and it's the worst game I've ever played"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it me or does the image somehow look... clearer or different or something?

Like, he's always in focus and the background is always out of focus. Can't really put my finger on it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Is it me or does the image somehow look... clearer or different or something?

Like, he's always in focus and the background is always out of focus. Can't really put my finger on it.
I think he might be in front of a green.. no blue screen now. I can see the blueness around the edge of his image. Weird. Maybe he moved or something?
er..yes, he upgraded his camera.
So is it not a bluescreen?

it was good to see that pele football game after so many years. i remember playing it at my neighbors place in the 80s.

many atari games were awkward after the NES came out.

Cheerilee

I remember "Tennis" from Atari being very playable. You were able to move around on the court, and IIRC you could steer your shots based on your position relative to the ball and the timing of your swing.

After I learned how to control my shots and predict the most likely angle of return, I got better and better until I was able to beat the CPU opponent regularly. Two player against a human meant you could have more challenging matches.

So of course James just complained that the net was a solid block.

Javier

I played Basketball Atari. It was pretty fun, actually.

And holy shit at Madden. Never paid attention to that series, so I had no idea it's been going on for THAT long.

Kritz

Banned
I remember "Tennis" from Atari being very playable. You were able to move around on the court, and IIRC you could steer your shots based on your position relative to the ball and the timing of your swing.

After I learned how to control my shots and predict the most likely angle of return, I got better and better until I was able to beat the CPU opponent regularly. Two player against a human meant you could have more challenging matches.

So of course James just complained that the net was a solid block.

I played Tennis with a few people a year ago. It was totally playable. Great fun, too, for a bit of nostalgia.

Yo that ball had a shadow. A freakin' shadow. That was cool.

Cheerilee

It's Angry Video Game Nerd.

Not Mildly Reasonable Video Game Reviewer.

Oh, I know.

Thinking about Atari Tennis, I just remembered that I eventually got good enough to beat any serve that was sent against me. After my opponent served, I would charge the net and hit the ball almost-sideways in the direction away from the corner the person served from. It was a 100% unbeatable move in this game. Even human players who knew I was going to do it couldn't defend against it, because their player characters just weren't fast enough to catch up to the ball. My friends called me a fucking asshole for using it against them and banned me from using that technique. I did teach them all how to do it, but we all agreed that it should be banned.

If you could pull it off consistently (and I could), you had 50% of the game locked down, and could "win" with only one "real" point earned. If two people could perform this technique, you could stalemate each other indefinitely until one person slipped up from fatigue.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice episode. He went back to the older videos' style, with a lot of cursing. I tend to like informative videos more, but nevertheless enjoyed this one.

Top Bottom