• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

GavinGT

Banned
This guy should be the permanent co-host. He's such a perfect compliment to the nerd, aside from obviously not being into video games.

Javier

CRNO7UX.gif

Savitar

That was beyond epic.

Does this mean the Nerd might show up in a Troma movie now, be funny and he'd kinda fit.

Kaufman was freaking awesome.

wrowa

Got to admit, I've never heard of Kaufman or Troma before (well, or Toxic Crusaders for that matter), but he's been a great guest. Amazing episode!

Sblargh

Banned
This put me in the mood for some troma movies.

Recommend away, GAF! Personally, I don't think nothing will ever top Tromeo and Juliet.

Lusankya

I didn't really like this episode. The games weren't especially bad and that Kaufman guy was so annoying and not funny. I hope the next episode won't feature a special guest.

Camwi

Ok, I think I've seen every single episode of AVGN, and that HAS to be the funniest one by far. Lloyd needs to be in every friggin' episode from now on.

eXistor

Holy shit Lloyd Kaufman is in this?! I have to see this, I love that man, the interview James did with him a little while ago was fantastic, so funny and right on the money.

I use to actually watch the Toxic Crusaders cartoon and I had the action figures too lol, was awesome.

Not afraid to say if I had known these games existed back then I'd probably have been all over them. :p

Wasn't till years later in a video store I saw the movie cover and was like haha its Toxie!

If anyone would like to see what Lloyd Kaufman is really like, look for a documentary called Poultry In Motion on Youtube (NSFW).

He treats everyone like shit. Really unpleasant to watch and certainly changed my opinion on his films.

gerudoman

Well, I now have a least favorite AVGN episode. I guess it's because I didn't know of Lloyd Kaufman and his movies before watching the episode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is Kaufman supposed to be well known? The comments here give me that feeling, but I've never heard of the guy or the movies he made.

Is Kaufman supposed to be well known? The comments here give me that feeling, but I've never heard of the guy or the movies he made.
I swear to God I'm not bragging when I say I met the guy when I was in college. My friend was a big Troma fan and wanted to go see Kaufman give a talk or something (?). I honestly completely forgot that happened or that this guy existed until tonight.

Ocaso

For some reason I can't remember, I saw a few moment of Toxic Avenger when I was a little kid (maybe 5 or 6), specifically some part where a guy's intestines were spilling out and he was trying to put them back in. Honestly scared the crap out of me and ensured I'd never forget this character. I remember playing the NES game as well. Kaufman was pretty funny in this episode, obviously in an improvised manner, but funnier than other skits. But mostly this episode just brought the scars back...

I couldn't finish the episode, Lloyd was trying a bit too hard and it ended up feeling like I was watching my grandfather try to impress a bunch of teenagers with his "cursing abilities".

eXistor

Only to fans of extremely low-budget gore 'n tits movies (which James clearly is; his main thing is movies not games). They're made by nothing but people that want to make movies and don't care about the money. They're not "good" in almost any way, but the are extremely infectious and enthusiastic and most of all, creative and fun.

My personal recommendations to start with would be Toxic Avenger 1 and 4, Tromeo & Juliet, Terror Firmer and Poultrygeist. If none of these do it for you, then Troma films are not your thing, which is entirely possible.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just watched the Ikari Warriors ep. Probably one of my all time favorite episodes. I loved the improvised song and Rolfe's reactions. Awesome ep.

Top Bottom