• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Parallacs

My friend got me into Troma films in college, so revisiting them is cool.

But I have been doing nothing but cringing these last couple episodes.

Drake

I enjoy AVGN, but I'm surprised at the response to this episode. I didn't think it was funny at all. I was bored by the end.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Was it already mentioned that Lloyd Kaufman is going to appear in Angry Video Game Nerd - The Movie? At leas that's what it says on Kaufman's wiki page.

Olly88

iYtOKDjhdo4LS.gif

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Hey why didnt I see this thread yesterday! Always fun with a new AVGN :)

Edit: Pretty funny episode, I like the recent trend where the episodes are a bit more unpredictable. Now looking forward to the movie!

giggas

If anyone would like to see what Lloyd Kaufman is really like, look for a documentary called Poultry In Motion on Youtube (NSFW).

He treats everyone like shit. Really unpleasant to watch and certainly changed my opinion on his films.

I've had this on for 3 minutes and it just amazes me how desperate some people are. Also, how is there a video on YouTube with a full boner and boobs that hasn't been taken down?

Does anyone remember the GFW Radio where Shawn Elliott told the story of how he convinced some guy that Toxic Avenger was a snuff film?

Hakai

Definetly not an episode for me. I didn't know the guy, the games could be lame but I didn't think the AVGN showed it very well. And the guest pretending to play games was really distracting for me.

Look up the Toxic Avenger Mexican Restaurant scene on youtube.

"Hey, Leroy, always did want to cornhole me a blind bitch!"

Seeing this with my brother and friends years ago was great because of how silly and over the top it all is. I was going to link the infamous car scene from the beginning but after watching it again I'll leave it up to others to decide if they want to see it. It's pretty messed up! Watch at your own risk!

I actually genuinely care about this guy now, so I'm glad to hear the baby was born healthy after what sounds like a bad delivery. Wish he had elaborated a bit, but I understand his desire for privacy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hope I'm not violating rules by posting in such an old thread.

I'm so happy for the Nerd. He's going to be a great dad.

I'm not sure why you would even say that. People have been posting in this thread for years since the Nerd is still doing episodes and a movie.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm a big fan of AVGN since the early days, but wow if that wasn't the worst episode of the show ever made. So annoying. Why would he think that's a good idea?

I think James doesn't really understand what it is about his show that makes it good. It's him being angry about bad games. That's it. Other stuff like bits and special effects and what else, that's hit or miss. In this case, wow, what a miss. I almost couldn't finish the episode. I've never seen anything as annoying.

Toparaman

Banned
I'm not sure why you would even say that. People have been posting in this thread for years since the Nerd is still doing episodes and a movie.

Yeah, but it's weird that new threads aren't created for each new episode, don't you think? It's a bit jarring seeing the OP be from 2006.

I think James doesn't really understand what it is about his show that makes it good. It's him being angry about bad games. That's it. Other stuff like bits and special effects and what else, that's hit or miss. In this case, wow, what a miss. I almost couldn't finish the episode. I've never seen anything as annoying.

I disagree. I really enjoy the skits (haven't seen the latest episode though). They're very campy and tongue-in-cheek. If anything, it's the swearing and toilet-humor that's not funny.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I actually genuinely care about this guy now, so I'm glad to hear the baby was born healthy after what sounds like a bad delivery. Wish he had elaborated a bit, but I understand his desire for privacy.

I'm kinda surprised he even mentioned that he was going to be a father, he's usually very private about his personal life.

I cried of laughter when he reviewed TMNT1. My brother showed me that video and we laughed so hard. And that's how I was introduced to AVGN. Also, congratulations James for becoming a dad.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah, but it's weird that new threads aren't created for each new episode, don't you think? It's a bit jarring seeing the OP be from 2006.

I disagree. I really enjoy the skits (haven't seen the latest episode though). They're very campy and tongue-in-cheek. If anything, it's the swearing and toilet-humor that's not funny.

I love some of his skits, especially his horror themed Board James episodes that have full on storylines, so good.

James & Mike Play: Super C (NES)

James looks kinda older this days. The movie and the stress along with it must have taken a toll on his hair

Eh, he had a period before the movie (I think?) were he wore a cap, presumably to hide his thinning hair. I wonder when he'll go full on bald-mode.

Also, I hope James & Mike Play becomes a regular thing, I can see myself enjoying it much more than Game grumps.

Top Bottom