• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

great episode.

i played a tiger device once (horrible experience). never bought them though.

i would have liked a bit more on the game.com side though. it seems like the game.com had pretty good features for its time.

ntropy

fuck you nerd, this was fun.
2c8c_12.JPG

Amazing episode. I thought his last few episodes were a tad stale, but this showed me he can still knock it out of the park. Keep it up, James! (and Mike!)

I remember buying the Sonic 3 Tiger handheld before a vacation thinking I was going to get the Genesis game on the go...I was so fucking disappointed haha

Great episode, one of the best he's done in a while. Loved seeing these crappy tiger electronics games from the 90s. Hated that crap so much and I didn't understand why people were buying that instead of a Game Boy.

Paranerd

Neo Member
That was a good episode. I vaguely remember playing one of these as a kid. I think it you were a knight or something.

Oh man, and I remember McDonald's had Sonic-themed ones in happy meals (don't think it was a Tiger thing, though). I think I prefer these over their usual toys, to be honest.

sega_happy_meal_toys.jpg

I had X-Men, 101 Dalmatians, Pocahontas and Crash Dummies. I only beat 101 Dalmatians and Crash Dummies. X-Men was actually really damn hard.

edit: OH MAN I miss the Bullshit series!

red731

New world was just shown to me.
I remember having something similar to Tiger. It was futuristic racing game that used "many pictures" to show that you drive and evade.

Tiger Electronics actually kind of got me into video games.

By that, I mean my mom got me the Jurassic Park Tiger game when I was 3 or 4. When I couldn't make heads or tails of it, my dad took me to get a Sega Game Gear instead. And thus it began.

So thanks Tiger.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, I remember owning a Street fighter 2 tiger electronics thing. Sad to believe that was the first gaming memoribilia I've ever owned :p

CassSept

Didn't feel that episode. I also think that focusing so much on such primitive "consoles" is reaching.

R-zone is hilarious though, I'm actually surprised, I don't remember hearing about it. Oh God it's so stupid and bad, I can't believe it :D

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Good episode. He reached on a few things but otherwise much better than the past few. And hey, I liked my Game.com. I played Duke on it a bunch. OK, it wasn't that great but it was no R-Zone.

Teppic

Never had any of the Tiger LCD games, but I sure wanted to play them all. I knew they weren't anything like the original games, and I didn't buy any because they were kind of expensive, but I was interested in anything game related back then. I had some other Game & Watch clones which I though were pretty fun.

-KRS-

I never saw those Tiger handhelds as a kid. I guess they weren't that common in Sweden. But I did see those Konami handheld games all the time at school.

Also, this bastard:
brick._brick-game-kids-video-games-toys.JPG

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Oh god. When I was probably 6-ish, I asked for a Game Boy for Christmas. My parents got me this:

w8UYIr7.jpg

They meant well but I was so disappointed.

Got a Game Boy Pocket the next year though.

I remember having a legend of zelda wrist watch game when I was a kid.
tiir19m.png

It was cool as hell to have and show off at the time but boring as shit to try and play.

no no no no no.....
the pain this post brings me. I will never forgive Mrs.Woods for confiscating this thing of beauty off me when i was in school.If only i hadn't thrown that snowball at her face.
I never saw it again.All those years learning to forget have now been a waste.
:-(

Davey Cakes

I had a couple of these as a kid. One for Strider and the other for Ninja Gaiden.

They were certainly junk experiences in comparison to playing full-fledged games on consoles (and eventually handhelds once I actually got around to having a GBP). That said, I would still give them a whirl every now and then, just in a pick-up-and-play fashion.

krae_man

I had double dragon II and one of those 8000 in 1 brick game things. Oh and one of those racing game things with 3 lanes and the goal was getting 9990 points.

Ultimadrago

Holy shit at the Pokemon walkie-talkies! I had no idea Tiger was the company behind those.

Memories of using them right in front of the person I was speaking with and picking up radio from the neighbor flood my mind.

I remember getting an R Zone with a few games super cheap from Walmart when I was a kid. I played the fuck out of Panzer Dragoon on it.

What a piece of shit.

Kokonoe

Banned
I had an R Zone as well. Screen broke way too easily (as seen in the video). Poor build quality on that part. I recall wanting the newer handheld one but never got it.

Somewhere in my loft I have Sonic 1 and 2 handhealds and the Mario Bros 3 watch, used to also have the Tetris watch but it was stolen a long time back, which is why I had the mario watch as it was a replacement.

I can fully understand where the nerd is coming from, they were borderline rubbish most of the time and yet you still wanted or owned some of them, I even remember trying to do well with Sonic 2 but always dieing from what felt like random causes.

I did master the mario 3 watch, that game was hard but once you beat it everyone in the playground wanted to see you do so.

Not sure if it was tiger or not but I had an racing car game you held up to your eyes, it looked like a triangle and you had a button on each side to move the car, because the light shined through a plastic window on the top it made it look really vibrant, I loved that when I was 6 or so.

-KRS-

I remember always wanting these for some reason.

rehXqBq.jpg

I had one of those Mini Classics. It was the Mario's Cement Factory one. It was pretty good actually. I think there's also a Tetris one (even though there were never a G&W Tetris game that I know of) that I'd love to have since I'm crazy about all things Tetris. I got it through the Swedish Club Nintendo magazine. I think you got a random one when you subscribed one year or something. I wonder what happened to it. :(

Hedja

I remember playing the ones with actual objects behind the screen like the water ones and the vibration ones. Forgot their exact names though.

But yeah, those crappy static-image LCD ones were everywhere, I was lucky enough to have older siblings with Gameboys.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
My brothers and I had about 6 or 7 of these between us. They were hilariously bad. Like, it was just a miserable experience to try to play one.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I never saw those Tiger handhelds as a kid. I guess they weren't that common in Sweden. But I did see those Konami handheld games all the time at school.

Also, this bastard:

I had something similar to this as well.

This entire Tiger Electronics thing is bringing back some childhood memories. ;_;

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I was going to post a topic on look what I found/want to go to. But I'm a junior so figured this was the next best place.

http://m.imgur.com/a/SNqWp

It's the Nexon Computer Museum in South Korea.

I missed out on going to Jeju-do when I lived in Korea, but I'll need to rectify that now. The island is beautiful and this attraction just puts it over the top for me.

Oh man, I forgot those Tiger games even existed. I had friends that had them, but I never owned one. It was either that I knew they were shit or my mother did or both of us, but I managed to avoid them. That's why I'll never be like Robert Scobel, who thinks that every technology is great, because it isn't.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this shit...I don't even remember where the fuck I even bought these stupid tiger games...

I had Gauntlet for sure and a racing one as well.

Greatest memory though us my Zelda watch and almost finishing it but had to give up since I had to go somewhere so I stopped playing it....right at the end too.

His anger seems to be fading. I wouldn't mind if the persona went away and he just went into historical interesting stories behind stuff at this point. The 'anger' isn't as funny as it used to be.

rezuth

Also, this bastard:

No idea where you lived in Sweden but I had a bunch of them.

Either way I thought the episode was missing something, no real solid jokes and not very informative.

Mupod

I remember wanting that Konami TMNT one even though I should have known better, because I had some shitty Tiger handhelds of my own.

When I was a kid my friend, who had a job as a paperboy, brought me along to a big scavenger hunt in the mall being held by the local newspaper. It was dinosaur-themed (because the 90s, that's why) and you had to answer trivia questions and such in order to win, and I was the Dinosaur King so we pretty much had an unfair advantage. First place prize? A couple of Jurassic Park tiger handhelds, as seen in James' video. God it was so bad, and I had nothing better to do but play it because my game boy had just been stolen. I think I still have it somewhere actually, I should try and look for it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Also, this bastard:

Oh holy fuck, memories.

Top Bottom