• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

G-Fex

I've no clue why I watched this still.

Rambling on for 7 goddamn minutes on the couch, we get it you hate the games.

avgn-movie-poster-8.gif

You can buy the poster here: http://www.screwattackstore.com/avgn-movieposter.html

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I had these:

Konami-TMNT.jpg

I actually loved both of them.
Are you kidding me, that's the second nostalgia bomb on one page. Couldn't even remember I had (and loved) that thing until I saw it just now.

Had one of these bad boys growing up:

tigermortalkombat.jpg

Only things I remember are Kano being god-tier and being pretty bummed out when I realised fatalities from the SNES don't translate to that thing.

I would like to know how many people ever finished Ninja Turtles, Ninja Gaiden, and Battletoads without cheating. I bet the numbers would be astoundingly low.

I dunno, I've beat these three but never managed to get through TMNT.

If Battletoads is his #2, Jekyll and Hyde must be mind-blowingly difficult.

It is. I managed to get a good chunk through it, but it's so reliant on getting every single step right and avoiding as much damage as possible in situations where it's nearly impossible, that it is just an absolute nightmare. I can't think of a lot of games that come close in teeth-shattering difficulty and test of patience. It's mainly a game for masochists.

No new AVGN, so don't kill me ;P

But he just posted a new video update on the AVGN movie:

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/10/13/avgn-movie-update-october-2013/

James is also looking for fans to contribute to his movie:

There’s a scene where various people are shown talking on their webcams, responding to the Nerd’s videos. The purpose of the scene is to establish the world and show that the Nerd is a guy online who reviews games, and has fans. Not any different from real life. We feel the scene could be better by showing real fans around the world, speaking on their webcams.

You can be creative with it. Here’s some things that may help in our selections.

* Be excited about the Nerd’s videos.
* Tell us why you’re the biggest fan.
* Request E.T. Why hasn’t the Nerd done E.T. Yet? Tell him how bad the game is.
* Say where you’re from. A country or a major city that you’re near.
* A webcam or video camera is fine. Doesn’t matter. Just speak to the camera.
* Make sure the image quality is decent. Not too dark.
* Make sure the audio is clear. No loud background noises.
* No brand name shirts or large posters/images in background that show established franchises, trademarks, or logos.

Bog

Junior Ace
Someone needs to do a Let's Play where they beat the game and post it as a video response.
With both endings (yes, there's two endings).

Except every Let's Play ever is someone who's playing a downloaded rom on an emulator. He says right in the video that if you aren't doing it on an NES, it doesn't count.

OnPoint

And for those too lazy to click:

10. Fester's Quest
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
8. Castlevania
7. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
6. Ghosts N' Goblins
5. Street Fighter 2010
4. Ninja Gaiden
3. Silver Surfer
2. Battletoads
1. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

C'mon man. This list is terrible. 8, 7 and 4 are nowhere near as hard as 6, and are 100% beatable if you play well. As a kid I was able to get to the final boss of 10. Sometimes I think he's just bad at games.

TheYanger

C'mon man. This list is terrible. 8, 7 and 4 are nowhere near as hard as 6, and are 100% beatable if you play well. As a kid I was able to get to the final boss of 10. Sometimes I think he's just bad at games.

Bad at games? He's gotten the extra ending in ghosts n goblins ffs!

And for those too lazy to click:

10. Fester's Quest
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
8. Castlevania
7. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
6. Ghosts N' Goblins
5. Street Fighter 2010
4. Ninja Gaiden
3. Silver Surfer
2. Battletoads
1. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Beaten all except for Dr. Jekyll and Silver Surfer.

I don't care to try beating Jekyll, but Silver Surfer...just because of dat music. So good.

I'm surprised that Transformers Famicom game didn't make his list. That shit is hard.

Sheroking

Then he should know that GnG is harder than Ninja Gaiden. I've beaten both, but only one of them makes me want to smash my NES every time I turn it on.

I think that's different person to person. I have way more trouble with Ninja Gaiden's pitfalls (and enemies that knock you into pitfalls) than G&G's two hit rule. Also, G&G is a lot more forgiving for deaths. Ninja Gaiden kicks your ass back to the start of the level if you die a few times.

Castlevania is the same, but less bullshit.

Dereck

Anyone catch that top 10 GTA V deaths video that was deleted the day it was put up?

Shit got a fuck ton of dislikes because of Mike alone.

OnPoint

I think that's different person to person. I have way more trouble with Ninja Gaiden's pitfalls (and enemies that knock you into pitfalls) than G&G's two hit rule. Also, G&G is a lot more forgiving for deaths. Ninja Gaiden kicks your ass back to the start of the level if you die a few times.

Castlevania is the same, but less bullshit.

I guess it could be different from person to person. I don't think Ninja Gaiden is anywhere near unfair until the very end, honestly. Enemies that knock you into pitfalls are always in the same spot doing the same thing, so if you know the level design you'll be fine. The last area just ratchets things up past 11. In GnG, enemies like the Red Devil have absolutely no predictable pattern and the jump arc is pretty unforgiving.

And Castlevania is all about practice and knowing the levels inside and out, and honestly, is rarely unfair. Unforgiving, but almost always fair. Castlevania III is miles easier, too.

Honestly while gng is probably harder then ng, the nerd has stated he has never beaten ng while he's beaten gng twice to get the good ending.

Lothar

Banned
Honestly while gng is probably harder then ng, the nerd has stated he has never beaten ng while he's beaten gng twice to get the good ending.

That's hard to believe. He's made it to the last boss in NG. And the last boss is easy as long as you're willing to through Act 6 three times. Just bring the weapon that can shoot fire upwards and fire until he's dead.

You will lose the weapon on his next form and probably die, but if you just go through Act 6 again you won't have to beat the previous form.

Not as good as some of the previous Nerd videos he's shown, but alright. Though Alien 3 on the NES wasn't all that bad of a game, it was mediocre at best, so there wasn't a lot of criticism to work with. I kind of liked Alien 3 on the Genesis to be honest.

Though he does make a good point that other NES games like Contra and Metroid did a better job capturing the look and feel of Alien's more than this game did.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Also, pretty sure that Pr count at the bottom of the screen isn't for "player", but for "prisoner".

Top Bottom