• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

N4Us

Um just so I fully understand this Bio Force Ape thing... The version that was dumped looks different (title screen) and doesn't have the cutscenes shown in the "hoax" version... So what happened there? Were those drawn up from scratch by that Paul guy, or was that version actually real and never dumped? The gameplay screenshots look too real to be fake, and the cutscene art looks mighty fine, but obviously the "2k monies" thing could have only been created in response to the thread... What happened?

I think made from scratch, or at least modified. The guy who did the hoax wrote an article about how he did it but I'm having trouble finding it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't type the list up since I can't play the video until I get home, but Top 10 Nerd's Unwanted Guests.

I got this.

10. Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th
9. Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street
8. The Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz
7. The Klingon in Star Trek
6. The Glitch Gremlin in Game Glitches
5. The Joker in Batman Part 2
4. Trick or Treaters in Halloween
3. The Chainsaw Family in Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Nostalgia Critic in the AVGN vs NC Final Battle.
1. "The Damn Bunny" in Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout and Crazy Castle

#2 is weird since he was invited...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got this.

There was a "feud" going on between them.

NC first challenged the nerd to do a movie and the nerd countered by saying he had to review a game and it went back and forth.

(It wouldn't surprise me to see the NC in the movie in some fashion. In fact I think they shot in Chicago at some point. Memory is hazy)

I got this.

10. Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th
9. Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street
8. The Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz
7. The Klingon in Star Trek
6. The Glitch Gremlin in Game Glitches
5. The Joker in Batman Part 2
4. Trick or Treaters in Halloween
3. The Chainsaw Family in Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Nostalgia Critic in the AVGN vs NC Final Battle.
1. "The Damn Bunny" in Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout and Crazy Castle

Glitch gremlin should be waaaay higher

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There was a "feud" going on between them.

NC first challenged the nerd to do a movie and the nerd countered by saying he had to review a game and it went back and forth.

I know all about the Nerd vs Critic feud. I'm just saying that the set-up for the final battle was the Critic running from Illinois to Pennsylvania to fight him while the Nerd waited for his arrival, expecting him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, it was about the NC? I thought it was about
Pat the NES Punk since AVGN invited him out to see the Nintendo World Championships
, though if that's on the list somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't think anyone has posted this yet, but Tomato, the translator of Mother 3, has begun a series of articles on his site Legends of Localization about AVGN and the games he reviews.

Castlevania 2

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Karate Kid

Not only does he dig into some of the differences between the Japanese and American version of these games, for a Japanese perspective he translates some of the comments Japanese AVGN fans have left on these videos.

Lothar

Banned
I don't think anyone has posted this yet, but Tomato, the translator of Mother 3, has begun a series of articles on his site Legends of Localization about AVGN and the games he reviews.

Castlevania 2

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Karate Kid

Not only does he dig into some of the differences between the Japanese and American version of these games, for a Japanese perspective he translates some of the comments Japanese AVGN fans have left on these videos.

The best thing is the comments from Japanese fans. I always wondered if they think the same things as us about old NES games. Is he going to keep doing articles for all the AVGN games?

The best thing is the comments from Japanese fans. I always wondered if they think the same things as us about old NES games. Is he going to keep doing articles for all the AVGN games?

I think so, although for the ones that focus on multiple games (such as the Atari 2600 one) he might just focus on a few of them. I really look forward to the Bugs Bunny episodes!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These James and Mike videos are so entertaining. Done a really good job of making me like Mike. Never hated him, but he comes off as a real nice guy. And James is always fun to listen to.

The videos aren't even that funny, but it's just kind of relaxing to listen to. But the Metal Slug video was really funny. 'I don't even know the code.'

There's a run button guys...
Just hold down the Y button.

Ugh. I went and checked a Dennis the Menace video on youtube after watching theirs and to beat the level all they had to do was run and jump into that coin they couldn't figure out how to get.

I know at the end Mike says they shouldn't have to go and look stuff up on the Internet, but I wish they'd at least look at the controls. How the hell did they miss the run button?

It's not as fun watching them incorrectly play a game because of something that is their own fault as it is watching them fail at a game because it's just badly designed.

CassSept

Wow Big Rigs? Will watch when I get home, that sounds interesting.

I wanted to say I'm surprised by how recent of a game he had chosen, but then again it's older than Independence Day was when he reviewed it...

One of the best gamespot reviews ever made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs

And off course the best video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3PDH23hdk

"you are an hour late, go play big rigs"
"NOOOOOOOOO anything but that"

bwhhahahaha

That Alex Navarro review had me howling with laughter the first time I saw it 10-11 (!!!!??) years ago on Gamespot's website. The irony was that this review actually drove sales up for the game, people were buying it just to see how bad the game really was. It became a cult classic thanks to Mr. Navarro.

The game was developed by a Russian Company called Stellar Stone, and was an unfinished portion of a bigger and clunkier game called Midnight Race Club: Supercharged!. It was hilarious when Stellar Stone released a patch for Big Rigs that never fixed anything besides some really small issues. People from Stellar Stone went on to develop The War Z, which was yanked from Steam for how bad it was.

I haven't even watched the AVGN review yet. Doing so now.

Top Bottom