• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

TheYanger

The delay was worse than that. His deal with ScrewAttack made it to where he couldn't upload the episodes to YouTube for at least full year. They had full exclusivity for 365 days.

Sheesh, ok I knew it was a while. I always assumed that was where the Youtube channel died regardless, it just wasn't where you went to watch the episodes, at all. He had them on his site before Youtube after the deal ended too, right? I just remember checking Cinemassacre most of the time (now I just check this thread).

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Does the order of stages matter? I went through all my lives on the Assholevania stage. Surely there are easier beginner ones right?

Sorry I didnt see this question, but no, the order of the stages generally dont matter, but some of them gives you access to new characters which can make stages easier. But im sure you have figured it out by now :)

I wish James would sit down and do more retro stuff (games, movies, TV, etc), either alone or with Mike. The enthusiasm and knowledge he has for that stuff is just so infectious and I love it. Modern stuff, he doesn't really have the same spark.

Professional piece of shit AlphaOmegaSin is in their new BvS review. I hope this is just a one off. I didn't think James and Mike would roll with a cunt like that. Are they actually friends? Do I have to unsubscrive from one of my favourite YouTube channels now?

Professional piece of shit AlphaOmegaSin is in their new BvS review. I hope this is just a one off. I didn't think James and Mike would roll with a cunt like that. Are they actually friends? Do I have to unsubscrive from one of my favourite YouTube channels now?

I don't think I've seen any videos with this guy because I skip a lot of the extra videos Cinemassacres puts out. What's so bad about him?

TheYanger

I'm pretty sure that they're at least passing acquaintances. He's been on before or james or mike have been on his channel, I forget. It made people mad last time too though in this thread.

That said...unless James turns into a piece of shit is it all that important? Do you regularly just cut anyone out of your life for having a passing friendship with someone else you don't like? That seems like a shitty way to live, brother. I would bet almost everybody you know is at least friendly acquaintances with someone else that has opinions you vehemently disagree with.

I
That said...unless James turns into a piece of shit is it all that important? Do you regularly just cut anyone out of your life for having a passing friendship with someone else you don't like? That seems like a shitty way to live, brother. I would bet almost everybody you know is at least friendly acquaintances with someone else that has opinions you vehemently disagree with.

Obviously that part was said in jest. That said, I unsubscribed from lots of YouTubers once Gamergate hit and revealed what kind of people some of my subs were.

If I found out a friend of mine turned out to be a piece of shit I'd stop interacting with them, too. Wouldn't most?

TheYanger

Obviously that part was said in jest. That said, I unsubscribed from lots of YouTubers once Gamergate hit and revealed what kind of people some of my subs were.

If I found out a friend of mine turned out to be a piece of shit I'd stop interacting with them, too. Wouldn't most?

That's a lot different than not interacting with people because they know someone else you don't like though, especially when they're not actually friends of yours so they have no idea why or what you're doing. Just saying it's a HUGE leap to go from boycotting someone for what they said, to boycotting someone because of what someone else said.

shanafan

AOS and Mike did a tour of Mike's game room last year. They were so many f bombs in the video, it got super old fast.

Awesome video games though!

Morfeo

AOS and Mike did a tour of Mike's game room last year. They were so many f bombs in the video, it got super old fast.

Awesome video games though!

Yeah I really wanted to see his room, but no way was i sitting through that shit.

shanafan

Pretty cool Starfox-video, that is such an amazing game. The itunes-talk got tiring though.

I swear they have had that rant before.

I know James is a talented guy, but I can see a him being lost with software applications. He can be a little slow to pick things up. Not that I am an iTunes fanboy, but it isn't that difficult to use it.

Morfeo

I know James is a talented guy, but I can see a him being lost with software applications. He can be a little slow to pick things up. Not that I am an iTunes fanboy, but it isn't that difficult to use it.

I feel like I hear this same rant every time its talk about something modern lol, like when they are trying to play games on PS4 or Wii U or something like that.

shanafan

I feel like I hear this same rant every time its talk about something modern lol, like when they are trying to play games on PS4 or Wii U or something like that.

I don't know what James's personal life is like obviously, but I was surprised he never heard of Goat Simulator, which they covered last month.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

iTunes can be so clunky if you try to use it with a phone. I just stopped syncing it because it was just too much trouble.

But yeah, he did a "you know what's bullshit" episode about it iirc.

shanafan

I think Mike should do a "You Know What's Bullshit" on sports. The fact that he threw away a Nintendo Power because it had sports on the cover is laughable.

I remember he went on a whole rant on Twitter because he was stuck watching Sunday Night Football while waiting for the Star Wars trailer. "Oh wow, they kicked the ball again".

shanafan

I've heard plenty of people compare Overwatch to TF2 but this is the first time I've heard of someone compare it to Link to the Past.

Well, it was a joke ;) Mike often compares a lot of games to A Link to the Past or Super Metroid. Most of the criticism against him is that he is stuck in the 80s/90s and doesn't seem evolution of games.

Sidenote.. the Overwatch video as terrible. It was about 4 minutes of gameplay, and then a long rant from Mike on how companies who make FPS games should stop, and make more indie titles. At least that's what I thought he was talking about. When he said that we have been playing team deathmatches and capture the flag since the PS1, I was trying to think of what PS1 FPS game he was talking about.

PopeReal

Yeah I cringed when I saw AOS was in a Cinemassacre video. I hope for my respect of James' sake its not like that.

Yeah, I am hoping it is just a random thing and James is not aware of the hateful shit the guy puts up on youtube.

The Game Chasers hang out with a sad crowd including AlphaOmegaSin so I stopped watching that shit once I realized what kind of people they are.

Makes me nervous either way.

Yeah I cringed when I saw AOS was in a Cinemassacre video. I hope for my respect of James' sake its not like that.

James doesn't really follow or care about modern day gaming stuff. I seriously doubt he knows much about Gamergate and probably stays out of any political/social stuff AOS says(though looking at this guys channel he looks like a serious loser). He's literally never commented on it from what I can tell, Other youtubers get into that stuff but James always strictly keeps it about games/movies/board games. I really can't see him as "one of those guys". If e-mailing him works I wonder if he'd even reply about it or simply just not have this guy on anymore?

Olly88

I think Alpha is going to be in one/some upcoming James and Mike videos. I think the best option would be to not watch them if you don't like them, I doubt they're going to stop having a friend in a video because a few people don't like them.

entremet

I don't care for AOS. Too angry for me. He's also good friends with Happy Console Gamer, who is one of the nicest guys on Youtube. I mean HGS is a teddy bear. People aren't gonna drop their friendships due to emails from random viewers.

I think Olly88 recommendation is sound and it's not like he's in many videos. I think it's only been two videos so far. Two videos out of hundreds. Luckily, he's not as annoying on the AVGN channel when he does get on. He's not ranting or anything.

Top Bottom