• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'd say that this is the most horrific, offensively bad game he's reviewed since Dr. Jekyll. Even Jekyll looks playable next to this.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
71p21za.jpg

:lol

ckohler

At first, I thought he was going to diss on the arcade classic. I'm glad he didn't. He even knew who Don Bluth was, which is pretty cool.

That NES title... wow. Yeah, the graphics were pretty impressive but that shit was totally unplayable! I loved the useless health bar. :lol

LakeEarth

Roi said:
I thought he was going to take a break ?!
No more of those epicly long ones with skits and costumes,etc. Classic "him just playing a game and talking about it" ones will still happen from time to time.

so the dvd for volume 1 went on sale, and already sold out (MORE THURSDAY) I ordered 1 anyone gonna pick it up?

http://www.screwattack.com/merch.html
(scroll down page) its near bottom

(yea I know its repost from last page)

The price is $18.98. Within the U.S., there's a flat shipping rate of $7.00. Outside the U.S, the shipping rate can vary. Keep in mind, the DVDs are packed with 4 hours of content.

THE BAD NEWS - The movie clips used in the Back to the Future and Rocky reviews have been removed, as well as any other videos that had copyrighted content, including music. I know that may be disappointing, but it would be our ass getting sued. Not yours. The internet is one thing, but when you're selling it, it can be a different story. Just wanted to end that debate before it starts.

THE GOOD NEWS -
To make up for anything that I removed from the videos, I put new stuff in! The Wally bear and Rocky videos have new endings! The Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street videos have a new original soundtrack by Justin Sobers (Zalai.com) and it sounds much better!

WHAT'S ON THE DVD's

DISC 1
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
Karate Kid
Roger Rabbit
TMNT
Back to the Future
McKids
Wally Bear
Master Chu
Top Gun
Double Dragon 3

BONUS FEATURES
The full 2 minute intro
Duck Tales (Video Game Vault)
Top 10 Nerd Moments (2006)
The Fuck Reel (everytime I said "Fuck" up til Bible Games)
A Deleted Scene from Chronologically Confused
The Anger Begins
What Was I Thinking? (The un-released 13 minute AVGN documentary)

* NOTE * I'd like people to know that the documentary is from January 2007, so comments expressed DO NOT reflect any current events.

DISC 2
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Power Glove
Chronologically Confused
Rocky
Bible Games

BONUS FEATURES
The original ANN intro
The Toilet video
The GT interview
Wii Salute (History of Video Game Wars)
Outtakes (about 14 minutes)
The Shit Reel (Everytime I say "Shit" up til Bible Games)
Music VIdeo Tribute by Dustin Aßmuteit
A Fan Art Gallery

NO NEW VIDEOS? - Many people are wondering why none of the videos from 2007 are included. Well, that's already about 4 hours worth of content right there. Yes, we are planning to release the new videos on DVD eventually. But FIRST, let's get the old ones out.

Anyway, that's the news, if you're someone who helped with the DVD and I already promised you a copy, it will be on the way as soon as I get them.

flipping_heck said:
When isaw Dragon's Lair i thought of the cartoon animated thing and thought it wasn't a bad 'game' at all, but holy hell, that side scroller shit is like the most annoyingly hard and crappy game ever made.

Not 'bad'? Perhaps, but it is virtually unplayable until you memorize exactly what to do at every moment, and then it's just really annoying... Dragon's Lair-style games work when they have help markers telling you when you need to do something and (maybe just on the easy difficultly level, but in the game for sure) which button to press. Time Gal, for instance, does those things. Dragon's Lair not only doesn't do that, it doesn't even tell you when you need to press something! Horrible, horrible design... it makes it far more frustrating than fun to play, unless you have it in 'just watch it play itself' mode. I can see why the game was so interesting at the time, but really... Dragon's Lair is almost completely unplayable...

Chao

Anyone knows if AVGN DVD is region free? I live on region 2 and it would be a major fuck up if I purchased the DVD and couldn't play it later.

kurahadol

alex chilton said:
lol this one is funny, especially the line about Bennet "He has the power to make you grow old":lol :lol

That part was so clutch :lol

I was going in hoping Bennett would be on the list, I was not dissapointed. Leave it to the Nerd that makes a list that everyone can enjoy and not get pissed off about.

Angry Nintendo Nerd should get his own series on G4. It would automatically be in the top 3 of best shows on that network. AotS being first, and either X-Play or Angry Nintendo Nerd for 2nd.

perfectchaos007 said:
Angry Nintendo Nerd should get his own series on G4. It would automatically be in the top 3 of best shows on that network. AotS being first, and either X-Play or Angry Nintendo Nerd for 2nd.

No.

It would take away ALL of the funny that the series has. Maybe if he had a show on HBO or something and he was allowed to swear...

Mamesj

Banned
IronicallyTwisted said:
Hard to tell if hes being serious or not, but thats a really, really retarded list.

did Darth Vader really give out free toasters or is that a joke? I can't tell.

neopokekun said:
Here is a guy suffering his way through Dragon's Lair one frustrating death after another:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

The words... ... There are none! o_O

What the fuck were the people making this game thinking?! I can't believe that *anyone* on Earth can beat this game without cheating.

The sad thing is that the graphics are pretty decent, and the music is fairly good. Some talent got totally wasted on this.

Someone should definitely get an interview with the people responsible for this atrocity. It would be hilarious.

Tim-E

IronicallyTwisted said:
Hard to tell if hes being serious or not, but thats a really, really retarded list.

From the video description:
"(Don't take it too seriously. This is just something I did for fun.)"

There is one thing to say about NES Dragon's Lair... the Japanese and European versions run at twice the speed that the US one does. For some reason they cut the speed in half for the US release... The game is probably slightly more playable that way... though that doesn't make enough of a difference to make it anything other than absurd. Five lives and no continues for a long (well, not long in theory, but long in practice), challenging game with constant traps you can't see coming until they kill you... yeah right. Absurd.

Yes, I watched that hour-long video. Awesome stuff... I wonder how long it would take with the faster version.

Top Bottom