• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
metalmania4evr said:
people should just go to his website where he has around 40 or so videos, all of which are pretty funny. i've known of the nerd for a while and have seen them all. one of my favorites is Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash, just because the nerd beats the shit out of him.
www.angryvgnerd.com

so this guy has made more videos like this you say? I'll check out that site, thanks

yeah his two latest videos are Virtual Boy and The Wizard of Oz, although i haven't seen this Double Vision episode yet, I'm about to watch it right now. BTW, check out the musical intro to Rambo, it is covered by someone else who does a metalcore version the Angry Nerd theme, and its awesome

USD

2469g91.png

Classic. :lol

lopaz

Banned
I think the TMNT one is his magnum opus. That brilliant, loaded pause where ya just know he's gunna explode, followed by the most hilarious rant of all time - brilliant

Trakdown

He needs to get back to reviewing games. He's already done about 5 system reviews, and they all go the same way: he does a quick take on a bunch of games, and then says that the games aren't all that bad. He's better when what he's reviewing is absolute shit. It'd also help if he'd stop wasting 2 minutes plus every episode on his friend playing music.

kurahadol

Yeah this one wasn't all that great. The voice synthesizer saved the last one. He needs to go back to single game reviews as mentioned above. It's not like he's running out of shit to choose from.

lopaz

Banned
Trakdown said:
He needs to get back to reviewing games. He's already done about 5 system reviews, and they all go the same way: he does a quick take on a bunch of games, and then says that the games aren't all that bad. He's better when what he's reviewing is absolute shit. It'd also help if he'd stop wasting 2 minutes plus every episode on his friend playing music.

I <3 the music :(

Alex

Yahtzee was better when he took amusing notes of faults in games rather than the bile spewing, hyprocritical hate machine he is now.

The Fable review is still the best thing he's done.

Trakdown

lopaz said:
I <3 the music :(
The theme music's great, and I have no problem giving that time to Kyle Justin. But I don't need to hear him sing Foreigner ever again.

Youta Mottenai said:
But let´s agree, the VirtualBoy one was awesome.

True, but his best system one IMHO was the Sega CD one. Still, that pales in comparison to his game reviews. I think his best recent one was Dragon's Lair.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
This one was pretty dull, but I thought the first segment was very good. I also think he should go back to the single game reviews. That voice synth could easily have been its own episode.

The Nerd shows me cool things that I'm unfamiliar with, like BEEEE SEVENTEEN BAAWWWWWWWMBER and the ridiculous 5200 setup. Yahtzee just disses games that I like.

Ristamar

I'm surprised to see the complaints about the theme song. I think it's pretty catchy, and end up playing it on my acoustic from time to time. I agree the Foreigner cover wasn't really necessary, though.

Also, the poster who said Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout was the best Nerd video is 100% correct.

"Nyah, what's up fuck cock vagina fuck fuck?!?"

"How 'bout a shoryuken!"

Anyway, seeing all those Intellivision games again was rather cool. I didn't own the system, but my cousin had one, and I loved it despite the shitty controllers. I must've played at least half of the games he demoed.

Banned
Are people seriously criticizing free videos that are created solely to make fun of videogames and parody geek culture?
revolverjgw said:
The Nerd shows me cool things that I'm unfamiliar with, like BEEEE SEVENTEEN BAAWWWWWWWMBER and the ridiculous 5200 setup. Yahtzee just disses games that I like.
You have shit taste in games

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Are people seriously criticizing free videos that are created solely to make fun of videogames and parody geek culture?
You have shit taste in games

Hows it up there in that ivory tower?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Holy shit at the end :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I guess he couldnt say bad stuff about a good game, so the video turned into a massive "WTF " :lol

Okay, what the fuck happened near the end? I thought he would kill the joke but instead it turned into an epic battle. Pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to the Super Scope 6 review.

Link1110

Downloading now due to the intolerableness of the opening, I just want to skip it.

How did he know about Mario 3 in 1988? He imported the Famicom version the year before.

Top Bottom