• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

M3wThr33 said:
God damn! Maybe it's just because it's late, but it seems like any person on this last page who trashed him or didn't like the latest video can't spell for shit.

Seriously, dudes. This is shit you should have learned back in elementary school.

Well, just ignore them. We all know they're just a bunch of little.... FUUUCCCCKKKERRRS.

Banned
In terms of writing, no, he's not on the same level of talent as Yahtzee. No shame in that
Really? What does Yahtzee write besides a forum post with a British accent? He has a ton of references, harpoons the latest game and that is it. James Rolfe has shown far more talent as a writer.

Slavik81

I laughed, but I'm kind of depressed at how his work kind of deteriorated. Not that it's really his fault. It was really only a matter of time, but it's still unfortunate.

Really? What does Yahtzee write besides a forum post with a British accent? He has a ton of references, harpoons the latest game and that is it. James Rolfe has shown far more talent as a writer

I'm speaking merely in terms of their spoken dialog. James pretty much recycles the same roadkill shit sandwich jokes for every review. Its not bad, but just the same cursing rant every time, with little connection to the source material. Its in keeping with the character, as I said above. I've watched most of James' short films on his website, and I don't find dialog to be his strong point, though he can do superior work to his AVGN stuff.

Yahztee writes better jokes than James, and his little animations are quite clever. They are working in two different formats though, so its difficult to compare them so directly. Personal taste aside though, Yahztee is a better writer than James, at least from the work I've seen from both. Yahtzee was hitting on about the same level of sophistication with his horror adventure games he was making four or five years ago as James was doing with his film school short films.

I enjoy both of their work though, and I'm not saying James is bad. He's very good. On some days, I prefer to see his style of work. Personal taste accounts for much as well, so if you enjoy his style more, you will probably feel he is more talented than Yahtzee.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That bit of the end was just so over the top and long that it simply ceased to be funny about 30 seconds in.

It was like I was watching some kind of train wreck. I just kinda stared at the screen wondering wtf was happening.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
In terms of writing, no, he's not on the same level of talent as Yahtzee. No shame in that

Super_Mecha_Death_Christ_2000_by_mi.jpg

FUCKEEEEEEEER

TheGrayGhost said:
"Fuckers!!!"

:lol

But SMB3 is certainly not a product of the devil. It's the best game ever made.

makes you think maybe someone made a deal with the devil to get such perfection? i think so...

CassSept

FUCKERS!!!

Wtf did I just see.
I'm watching video, typical AVGN stuff. Then he starts throwing out satanic references. Seeing 666, Hell, Necronomicons and hell knows what other things everywhere. And suddenly SUPER MEGA DEATH CHRIST 2000 BC 4.0 BETA arrives and the epic battle starts.
14wy3kj.jpg

This is truly win. Pure win.
I just can't find words that could express what I've just seen.

There isnt a new video and if you are gonna complain about a bump without a video, this is me telling you in advance to deal with it and shuddap!

I just watched his Rocky scene tour thing and it was actually really awesome. I have lived in Philadelphia for 20+ years and consider myself a huge Rocky fan and I never even realized some of this stuff.

here is a link to part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwu-UbpPUw

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Never had a problem with the zapper or the superscope...

Maybe cause he's using a NES clone and not the real NES?

Maybe cause it's just too old and age has degraded it?

Great episode. I've never seen some of those peripherals, either, so that was an interesting history lesson.

Looking forward to the next one.

EDIT: Completely unrelated, but...
90px-Toph_fire.png
yay, Toph. :D

USD

Kuro Madoushi said:
Never had a problem with the zapper or the superscope...

Maybe cause he's using a NES clone and not the real NES?

Maybe cause it's just too old and age has degraded it?
It's not a clone, it's the redesigned NES.

Docpan

The piece of plastic you put your NES controller in is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I can't believe he actually owns one.

Definitely great, as usual... but yeah, I don't remember hearing that the U-Force worked well either, though I've never used one. His does at least, anyway, it seems...

Top Bottom