• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
HOW CAN I BE STUCK WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH ROOM

FUUUCK ASS BITCH CUNT

edit: I beat this game. I thought it was good

Y2Kev

i'm playing it now actually

weaksauce, ann. i beat the ring thing in two tries! but for some reason the sky is purple.

Flakster99

I remember the Commodore 64 version too. ;)
Just watching the nerd play that pile of shit gave me the shivers, and to think I SOLD numerous copies of the N64 copy way back when and amazingly enough, I don't remember anyone returning their copy and giving me shit.

Excellent episode as always.

AniHawk

Superman 64 is one of the very few video games from the 90s my dad's ever played. And with from the brief time he played the game (a minute or two at Gamestop), he still remembers the frustrating controls and overuse of fog. It takes a special kind of awfulness to do that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Y2Kev said:

weaksauce, ann. i beat the ring thing in two tries! but for some reason the sky is purple.

No kidding. The game is a special type of garbage, but, it took me like three times to beat the rings when I was a kid. I think I either beat the game or got to the end. It wasn't that hard, it just sucked.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I was kind of hoping that the Nerd would actually destroy Superman 64, just as he actually destroyed the 32X.

The game is that bad.

I lolled the hardest when he complained about having to input the code '5' at the start-screen from Superman on the C64 :lol

"Why do I gotta do THAT!"

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Y2Kev said:

A: Remember this is for comedy. Sure my gripes with the games stem from truth, but they are exaggerated. The whole point is to play bad. If you want to see somebody play good, go watch a speed run. If you take my reviews seriously, you are missing the whole point. Think for yourself. I may actually like some of the games I'm complaining about. I only focus on the negative. Some of my complaints may be legit and others far fetched. To this day, I still get long winded emails bitching about my Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest review, describing every last detail why they disagree with my video. Meanwhile, I'm just laughing my ass off. It was just a quick little video I made one night when I was bored, just for a little joke, and there's real "Angry Nerd's" getting mad about it, which is sad, pathetic and hilarious! The same people probably believe that I go around in real life, wearing a white pressed shirt, stuffed with pens in the pocket, and saying "fuck" all the time and talking about buffallos taking diarrhea dumps.

Wizpig

This is so bad all the jokes the nerd made didn't make me laugh because i was crying from the horror this game is.

Jesus.
MORE.
RINGS.

This is my first time witnessing the horrors of Superman 64. I honestly thought that perhaps there's a bit of over exaggerations, but this video proves it's that bad.

VC release please!

J/K

:lol :lol he never fails..Superman 64 was more than atrocious, I played it and couldn't believe it

I hope he will review Transformers for the C64 one day..jesus christ, that game was POINTLESS

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
And he just called Batman Begins overrated. Said Batman 89 is better than The Dark Knight and that Nicholson was better than Ledger.

It was fun watching the man, it's time to move on. Fuck him.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Oh noes someone has a different opinion than the gaf hive mind.

Pedobear said:
And he just called Batman Begins overrated. Said Batman 89 is better than The Dark Knight and that Nicholson was better than Ledger.

He probably just likes camp. I mean, just look at this videos. Not just the Angry Video Game Nerd stuff, but his actual movies. It is pure bad campy ass movies.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Sir Alemeth said:
AVGN showcases E3 2008: Mega Man 9, Street Fighter IV, and Mortal Kombat vs DC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tUJOXlltFTc :D

EDIT: oh and Castlevania DS and Wii ;)
Wait a second...did he just pronounce the "Bass" in "Mega Man & Bass" like the fish?

It's pronounced "base," dammit! Like the music term. His dog's name is Treble, for god's sake! Bass and Treble.

And he calls himself a nerd.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Whimsical Phil said:
Wait a second...did he just pronounce the "Bass" in "Mega Man & Bass" like the fish?

It's pronounced "base," dammit! Like the music term. His dog's name is Treble, for god's sake! Bass and Treble.

And he calls himself a nerd.
Capcom didn't care in MM8, why should he?

Jon

That was the first time I'd actually seen this game in action. I mean, I knew it was epically bad, but that bad? Wow. Amazing that Cassamassina gave it a 3.4--this has to be worse than Olympic Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey Nagano '98!

SantaC

Pedobear said:

well he is right. Burton > Nolan.

<3 ANN

AniHawk

SantaC said:
well he is right. Burton > Nolan.

<3 ANN

Ledger > Nicholson though. Both as the Joker and in what he gave to the role. I mean, Nicholson did a good job doing what he did in Batman89, but Ledger does what he does in TDK much better.

Y2Kev

holy shit :lol :lol

"WHY CAN'T IT BE ONE OF THE FUCKING BUTTONS" :lol

That was the only time I think he was REALLY gonna snap

Top Bottom