• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Jazzem

I actually own Batman Forever on Mega Drive. I don't think I outright hated it but I remember it being a confusing and really unfun game. Heck I may load it up now :D

I think the Mega Drive game was quite different though as although I remember the controls being awkward, I'm sure Up wasn't jump, and obviously you didn't have a select or shoulder button to combine with the dpad. You couldn't pause though, they had to insist on letting the player guard with Start :lol

Haha, I have that Batman Forever game for my Sega Genesis

Back when it was brand new I remember trying so hard with my friends to derive fun out of the damn thing. It's the only Genesis game I own where I never got past the second stage. I remember sitting with my friends scouring the manual for directions on how to grapple :lol

Watch that video too. Trust me, it's fucking awesome! It may not be Batman 2, but you get to see: A male stripper dance with a fake horse head on him. Exploding doormat. Doctor Foreskin and Officer Boner. Hilter also makes a cameo. A man giving a blowjob to a blow up doll.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Cronen

For those who haven't been keeping up with the AVGN vs Nostalgia Critic 'war', the Nerd accepted the Critic's challenge of reviewing an awful nostalgic movie. The Nerd chose 'Ricky I' which can be found on Screwattack.com

The Nostalgia Critic however, had to review an awful nostalgic game. Here it is: Link

Hilarious stuff! :lol

Chairman85

Cronen said:
For those who haven't been keeping up with the AVGN vs Nostalgia Critic 'war', the Nerd accepted the Critic's challenge of reviewing an awful nostalgic movie. The Nerd chose 'Ricky I' which can be found on Screwattack.com

The Nostalgia Critic however, had to review an awful nostalgic game. Here it is: Link

This is so much worse than any of the AVGN's stuff.

Woah... awesome. It's Bebe's Kids, probably the most infamously awful SNES game ever!

Chairman85 said:
This is so much worse than any of the AVGN's stuff.

Yeah, it's not AGVN quality, I agree... the game chosen certainly is horrible enough, though, in entertaining ways. But the AGVN is better.

Teasel

Cronen said:

so umm... i liked this one better than most of the nerd stuff [/hides]

AniHawk

Teasel said:
so umm... i liked this one better than most of the nerd stuff [/hides]

The Nerd's reviews are usually meant to show how bad a game is, and then he does some sort of skit after or during
and they're usually not very clever or good.

The Nostalgia Critic shows how bad movies/TV shows are and tries to integrate actual jokes into the review itself
and again, usually they're not very good. He's not that great of an actor. I think for the humor factor, he hits the mark more than the AVGN does, though.

ghibli99

Holy crap @ Batman Forever. I was laughing my ass off at the MK recycling and the grappling hook stuff. Wow, I feel for the poor souls who actually bought this one.

I dug the NES and SNES Batman/Batman Returns games, but yeah, Batman on the NES was frickin' tough... Sunsoft rocked so hard back then.

LordK

Cronen said:

When he's punching the mouse in the nuts and the video transitions from scene to scene during his tirade about how long it takes to kill the mouse, the time left increases and his score decreases between transitions sometimes... haha.

ghibli99 said:
Holy crap @ Batman Forever. I was laughing my ass off at the MK recycling and the grappling hook stuff. Wow, I feel for the poor souls who actually bought this one.

I dug the NES and SNES Batman/Batman Returns games, but yeah, Batman on the NES was frickin' tough... Sunsoft rocked so hard back then.

my parents bought me Batman forever for my birthday when I was little, they returned it the next day after they saw me and my brother struggle to get out of the first stage. Horrible.

Nocebo

God I remember playing the c64 batman game and being confused with that weird screen with all the icons o_O. The SNES side scrolling beat em up was pretty good, I loved it when I was a kid.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Odd, I thought he was operating at like half-speed, That Guy With The Glasses seemed to lack the rapid-fire insulting prowess of the AVGN.

i don't really like what he says about batman and robin snes.. it is still the best batman game and one of best of his kind on snes, not a "good game"

the genesis version is very fun, but too much hard

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
McBacon said:
That (the Angry VG Critic) was very good, definitly put more time into his one than James.
Yeah, I'm thinking this too. Actually laughed out loud a few times, and it has been quite a while since I really laughed watching the nerd videos.

"its the angry video gaaaame.." "OH SHUT UP!" "..critiiiic.." :)

Top Bottom