• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

1up

Isnt it impossible to beat Clinger Winger with two players?

Haha, looked it up in wikipedia.

Wikipedia said:
The game is also littered with minor glitches that suggested poor beta testing. The most critical flaw occurs in level 11, entitled Clinger Winger. During a 2-player game, the second player is unable to move in level 11, and therefore must lose all of his or her lives before player one can continue the level. This makes finishing the game even more difficult for the second player, as that player had one less continue and any accumulated extra lives at his or her disposal. This glitch was removed in the versions of the game released outside the United States.

:lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, great two episodes

Personally, I'd rather he take some more quotes from viewers, sprinkle them throughout various reviews and just credit at the end.

He tends to use the same expletives too many times and that tower review was a nice change of pace

the opening to BT and the pause screen music for BT and the reaction were hilarious.

M3wThr33

Banned
Just an FYI about the game:
The game is also littered with minor glitches that suggested poor beta testing.The most critical flaw occurs in level 11, entitled Clinger Winger. During a 2-player game, the second player is unable to move in level 11, and therefore must lose all of his or her lives before player one can continue the level. This makes finishing the game even more difficult for the second player, as that player had one less continue and any accumulated extra lives at his or her disposal. This glitch was removed in the versions of the game released outside the United States.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think the video spent too long on the part with the "guy behind the couch" but it was amusing enough once the actual gameplay started. I've never actually personally experienced Battletoads' allegedly sadistic difficulty, but seeing it multiplied exponentially more sadistic was funny.

rezuth

That was the funniest fucking video he has ever made!! FREAKIN ACE!!! When they started bumping to the pause music it just killed me. I litterly fell of my chair from laughing! The king is back!

Defuser

16gziqg.gif

Iam Canadian said:
I think the video spent too long on the part with the "guy behind the couch" but it was amusing enough once the actual gameplay started. I've never actually personally experienced Battletoads' allegedly sadistic difficulty, but seeing it multiplied exponentially more sadistic was funny.

You have no idea unless you actually play the game. The game is pure hell incarnate.

dralla

because of Battletoads I kicked a hole in my wall about 4 feet in diameter. I think I told my dad me and my brother were fighting and I got thrown into it.

dralla said:
because of Battletoads I kicked a hole in my wall about 4 feet in diameter. I think I told my dad me and my brother were fighting and I got thrown into it.

Did you also feel like crying? Because it made me cry.

Awesome episode! :lol

However, it left me wanting more. It felt... unfinished. I wish he actually tried to get farther and really complain about how the game's later levels are even more impossibly difficult.

A Black Falcon said:
Yeah, it's not AGVN quality, I agree...
Sorry to quote and old post, but I couldn't disagree more. At least he does more than just swear and say "ball tacos" and "triceratops testicles" and the like.

But whatever, someone posted a "DO NOT WANT" Lolcat macro after the link. I guess that qualifies as "funny" around here.

Not that the AVGN isn't funny, just a bit overrated, in my opinion. The Batman Forever part was hilarious, though. "DOWN AND R!?!?"

thefro

IMHO, the reviews are best when he points out the giant flaws in supposedly good games like Castlevania II and Battletoads.

_leech_ said:
Battletoads & Double Dragon beats it, though.

True, but the SNES and Genesis ports of Battletoads Double Dragon barely looked any better than the NES game, unfortunately... I mean, they look slightly better, but they still have really, really small characters, like the NES game but unlike something like Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, which came out before it but has far better graphics (if less gameplay).

EricDiesel said:
Sorry to quote and old post, but I couldn't disagree more. At least he does more than just swear and say "ball tacos" and "triceratops testicles" and the like.

But whatever, someone posted a "DO NOT WANT" Lolcat macro after the link. I guess that qualifies as "funny" around here.

Not that the AVGN isn't funny, just a bit overrated, in my opinion. The Batman Forever part was hilarious, though. "DOWN AND R!?!?"

Oh, I don't think the AGVN is perfect... I didn't really like that "beating up Bugs Bunny" one a lot of people loved, for instance. But I thought that guy was worse.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
thefro said:
IMHO, the reviews are best when he points out the giant flaws in supposedly good games like Castlevania II and Battletoads.

I agree. But his early reviews of games like Jekyl and Hyde were great too.

Flakster99

Busy week, just caught the Battletoads episode. Funny as heck. Also, show more bloopers at the end, James - who doesn't enjoy a good additional laugh. ;)

If memory serves, and these days I don't take it for granted (fuck getting old), I never did finish the game - the beating up your team-mate was a pure hells-pawn game mechanic, as the video demonstrated. 8p

Decent game though.

Top Bottom