• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Jiggy

Though I don't think he's necessarily better than the AVGN so much as different, I approve of all the earlier appreciation for The Spoony One. Just avoid the videos where he reviews audio CD games--those are pretty meh, I think.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/games/

And now to see this new Dracula AVGN video...
Edit: :lol Greatest video game music ever for NES Dracula.

Darkpen

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Though I don't think he's necessarily better than the AVGN so much as different, I approve of all the earlier appreciation for The Spoony One. Just avoid the videos where he reviews audio CD games--those are pretty meh, I think.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/games/

And now to see this new Dracula AVGN video...
Edit: :lol Greatest video game music ever for NES Dracula.
rofl, "morning sun, vanquish me!" :lol

maharg

idspispopd
Dude, I played that VIC-20 dracula game. I think I managed to tie the sheets together and climb down them out the window -- to my death. Never did anything else.

Jiggy

TV Tropes, one of the only places anywhere ever that writes articles long thorough enough that I'm willing to read them.

Giard said:
Wow..Bram Stoker's Dracula on SNES/Genesis looks like Galahad..

And like a thousand times better than the miserable atrocity that is the Sega CD version... I have it. It's at least as bad as he says, and maybe even worse. Incredibly, incredibly awful, broken game...

A Black Falcon said:
And like a thousand times better than the miserable atrocity that is the Sega CD version... I have it. It's at least as bad as he says, and maybe even worse. Incredibly, incredibly awful, broken game...

Yes, yes it is. I got the SNES version used for like $5, and I think the movie was still in theaters at that time, it's that bad. :lol

hitoshi

Suburban Cowboy said:
"Like trying to stick your dick in a cherrio"

He really needs to get over this and similar lines, It's getting way too old and overused. But the video was good, I really liked the setting, it set the mood absolutely right and thank god there was no annoying Dracula impersonator or something like that. The Joker and The Lion was REALLY annoying.

Shatai

Banned
Neither were as bad as the godawful guitar guy escapes the couch skit in Battletoads. The idea was funny, heck, the view from behind the couch was gut-splittingly hilarious, but the guy butting in on the actual review got grating, quick. He wasn't a funny guy in the least.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I really think he could have done fewer games but spent more time on each one. This one felt really hurried and he didn't get a chance to point out many of the absurdly bad aspects of the game, which are always the best parts of these reviews.

Also, the bat article is awesome.

Ventrue

Shatai said:
Neither were as bad as the godawful guitar guy escapes the couch skit in Battletoads. The idea was funny, heck, the view from behind the couch was gut-splittingly hilarious, but the guy butting in on the actual review got grating, quick. He wasn't a funny guy in the least.

The only one I've liked with other people was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre one.

border

Is it me or does the Frankenstein mask look strangely like the AVGN himself? Maybe it's just the glasses that give that effect.

Just when I was thinking that it was just an average good AVGN episode, he finished with that epic ending... awesome. :)

... And after all those problems, he still managed to beat it. He's really quite good.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Not as good as Dracula, but still leagues better than anything else out there.

"Here's an idea for a code: Die as soon as you start."

M3wThr33

Banned
Picture110.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Picture114.jpg

I'll shave before Halloween, though.

Shatai

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
I'll shave before Halloween, though.

There's just one glaring problem with your costume: he only plays the shitty games that suck ass, a category which Super Mario Bros. 2 most certainly does not fall under.

M3wThr33

Banned
Shatai said:
There's just one glaring problem with your costume: he only plays the shitty games that suck ass, a category which Super Mario Bros. 2 most certainly does not fall under.
I can pull some shitty shit out. That was just what I had on hand.

KevinCow

Banned
I found the Game Genie part particularly funny. I remember looking through my Game Genie book at games I didn't even own just for the hell of it and seeing codes like that.

Did anyone else notice that he was using the SNES Game Genie code book? He even went out of his way to cover up the title of the book so no one would notice. What an idiot! I now plan to expose him for the fraud that he is!

Akai said:
"Oh there's this monster you gotta fight OH THERE'S THE MONSTER, FIGHT HIM!"

:lol

I honestly laughed out loud at that bit, man that was funny. :lol :lol :lol Caught me off-guard and I just cracked up.

Waiting for the Dracula one to load now (yeah I'm LTTP I know, missed it somehow).

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
M3wThr33 said:
Yeah. What's it to yeah? Palkia, Prinplup and Piplup?

And I threw MDK2 in there as a joke. I was considering Tribes.

Not saying anything but those are a lot of plush toys for a grown man. I don't know how old you are but you look too old to be playing with those.

Top Bottom