• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I only ever played the Arcade version of Moon Walker, was rather fun with 3 player co-op.

Jon

That was a great video :lol. I don't think Moonwalker looked nearly as bad as some of the games the Nerd has played but it was an entertaining review nonetheless. He really should delve more into the Genesis library...I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know I had some games that should have never been purchased.

Sephon

Jon said:
(snip...) He really should delve more into the Genesis library...I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know I had some games that should have never been purchased.

I completely agree, Shadow of the beast was one game in the Genesis library that I loved to hate. Mostly because of the difficulty level which was pretty insane.

skybaby

x3n05 said:
:lol great ep, like usual. And wow at some copies having Thriller and some not.
Cart games used to have revisions.

I didn't like the review, he bitches about the kicking not reaching the lower enemies and in the next scene he's punching them while ducked. Why bitch then? Nothing else to bitch about?

Jon

Sephon said:
I completely agree, Shadow of the beast was one game in the Genesis library that I loved to hate. Mostly because of the difficulty level which was pretty insane.

YES. I had that game too! It was nuts.

Struct09

SolidSnakex said:
This one really didn't work since he didn't seem to dislike the game. It has it's flaws but it was still a good game.

My thoughts too. Moonwalker was actually a half decent game for its time.

skybaby said:
Cart games used to have revisions.

I didn't like the review, he bitches about the kicking not reaching the lower enemies and in the next scene he's punching them while ducked. Why bitch then? Nothing else to bitch about?

Repeat after me.

You're NOT suppose to take it seriously. These reviews are meant to be entertaining, not there for you to form a real opinion.

I had tons of fun watching and I know this game isn't that bad, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Tim

PTCoakley said:
Gonna watch it later, but Moonwalker owns :(. One of my favorite Genesis games.
My man. Moonwalker is a classic, and this is one of the first VGN where the footage shown actually still looks fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can anyone make a gif of the face he does when Michael Jackson does his "grab crotch" move? That would be perfect for some situations. :lol

I actually watched the Moonwalker movie as a kid. It was...weird.

Anyway, is that a shot of Mario riding Yoshi in the opening of the Moonwalker vid? WTF?

Wizpig said:
Cinemassacre.com doesn't work for me...

Does blip.tv site work for you? If so, here's the link.

http://blip.tv/file/1645447/

Anyway, is that a shot of Mario riding Yoshi in the opening of the Moonwalker vid? WTF?

That was one of the Mario education games. I'm surprise nobody caused an uproar over Adventure Island. Remember the Mischief Maker appearance? None of these should be taken seriously, not even the intro videos!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
2i2bwit.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I played the shit out of Moonwalker when I was a kid. Great game.

He wasn't kidding when he said the difficulty gets ramped up at the zombie bit, I remember dying numerous times there.

border

In the opening game montage, there is now footage of Luigi riding Yoshi in some bizarro world? WTF is that? A pirate game or a ROM hack or something?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
border said:
In the opening game montage, there is now footage of Luigi riding Yoshi in some bizarro world? WTF is that? A pirate game or a ROM hack or something?
Your answer is in the posts above.

border

Having seen the Hotel Mario AVGN episode, I kinda doubt it's from one of the 3DO games. Hotel Mario was a single-screen puzzler that harked back to the original non-Super Mario Brothers game.....it wasn't a sidescroller like in the new opening footage. Plus it looks way worse than Hotel Mario.

If it's from one of the Mario edutainment games, then which game was it?

border

Thanks much for the video and info. While the backgrounds in Mario is Missing! are obviously pretty crap, I'm quite surprised how close the animations and character sprites are to the SNES version of Super Mario World. The NES was quite the powerhouse, even at the end of its life.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Baha, my cousin owned that on Genesis, was one weird as hell game playing it again 10 years later. :lol

Throwing your hat, then doing a dance and killing off not only enemies but dogs and cats as well is still one of the most hilarious things I've seen in gaming.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
jaypah said:
ok, i think you're a cool cat. you let us know what's up with XBLA shit and for that i'm thankful. real talk....respect dude.

but completely fuck you for downing T&C. that was, is and will always be awesome. dude......you just don't get it Shard. you just don't get it.*

*save all petty crazy arguments about the "shortcomings" of T&C. it's just untrue.

All the name calling in the world shall not make this game any fun to play.

The cart revision thing makes sense.

I remember some first batches of NBA Jam for the Genesis had Charles Barkley on the Suns, but later batches had Dan Majerle instead.

I was one of the lucky ones that had the Barkley version.

AnEternalEnigma said:
The cart revision thing makes sense.

I remember some first batches of NBA Jam for the Genesis had Charles Barkley on the Suns, but later batches had Dan Majerle instead.

I was one of the lucky ones that had the Barkley version.
also: the later versions of Revenge of Shinobi that removed Batman and Spiderman.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
viewtiful_dru said:
also: the later versions of Revenge of Shinobi that removed Batman and Spiderman.
Spider-Man wasn't removed. Sega had the Spider-Man license at the time, and Revenge of Shinobi came complete with a Spidey copyright notice on the title screen.

Sega did, however, alter that "Batman" sprite so that the caped crusader looked a bit more bat-like (hairy legs, etc.). It also changed a couple of other things such as turning the Godzilla-esque boss into a skeleton and shaving the head of some enemies that looked like Rambo.

There was also a fake Terminator boss. I don't remember what Sega altered on him off the top of my head.

Spider-Man is the reason why we haven't seen Revenge of Shinobi get re-released. Sega doesn't have the Spidey license anymore, and there isn't a version of the game without him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The
SMW
part :lol :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The game just looks infuriating beyond belief. Reminds me of the specific chests in FFXII that, if you open, won't get you the zodiac spear. Just a bunch of "how the fuck was I supposed to know that?" :lol

Top Bottom