• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

$200 said:
Zelda 1's overworld theme is only about 40 seconds long.

Longest NES music I believe is the Solstice theme, but even that's shorter than 3 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

Didn't need to be three minutes. As maharg noted, slowed down it's really only two minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTY93ZxTZpY

The Solstice tune is longer than that. The Solstice tune is also quite a bit more complicated, and uses more channels.

It's either a licensing issue, or they fudged up the sound code and didn't notice/care/too late to fix so fuck it.

Edit - Or who knows, maybe some moron thought it would sound better this way. Like the Nerd suggests "Wow, this doesn't match the game. Speed it up! No, still too slow. Speed it WAY up!".

Carnby

Choppasmith said:
Figured it'd better serve as a BAIL OUT GIF myself.

lol. good point.

i really think the whole plane scene was the funniest thing the Nerd has ever done. i really do prefer humor that incredibly absurd. it also might be the best "call back" joke ever.

Medalion

Banned
I wonder if anybody has called that ph# for the Who Framed Roger Rabbit tipline and today get the phone sex line asking for Jessica Rabbit?

Guardian Bob said:
Woah, that Super Back to the Future music was awesome! It should be my ringtone.

Tell me about it. I found it on YouTube immediately after watching the video, and I've already listened to it a good 20 times now.

I also watched a video of somebody playing the first level and boss, and from the looks of it, I agree with what James said; it's good, but not great. It doesn't really look all that original. The graphics and music are incredible though, enough so that I'd still like to play it anyway.

Anyway, as for the AVGN video itself, it was another great one. I'm hoping it's no coincidence that it's been a while since he last used any gimmicky characters or special effects as the underlying theme in his videos (unless you count the Glitch Goblin, but that didn't feel too forced, and he didn't go overboard with it). I tend to lose interest when he uses the AVGN videos to showcase his acting/editing/etc techniques, or have a friend dress up in a costume (ie. the fight scenes in the Bugs Bunny review). I understand he's an aspiring filmmaker, but the games themselves should always take the spotlight in these videos. Hopefully, he's realised that too.

G-Fex

Come on guys don't argue about music quality or any quality of a LJN Title. :lol :lol :lol

LJN just was good at making Terrible games.

cntr

Banned
KittenMaster said:
I wasn't able to watch the whole vid, but I got to watch the BttF part.

AVGN points out the lack of key songs like Power of Love, but in a way, Power of Love actually *is* in BttF NES, but it's so speed up and the instruments so different that it's almost unrecognizable without a direct comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixxt_AroBw

For some reason, I really really like the sped-up song in this video.

Glix

Gart said:
Really? Never knew.

Yeah, no stupid colored bands, and no stupid letter plates.

The original comics, in B & W, are beautiful, violent, adult, subversive and awesome. I would recommend them to anybody, they are totally amazing.

tmnt-ebay.jpg

I don't want to sound like some predictable troll going, "Yeah, whatever," but his web series is one thing, he already makes some copyright accommodations for the DVDs, which are on just a limited release. A full movie... and it's clear he means something much bigger than Nostalgia Critic's Kickassia, it sounds completely unrealistic. It might barely make a few film festivals (and PAX), but too big and someone's going to go after him for use of their IPs anyway. Unless he makes just about everything generic except for the one big game he gets clearance for, which would probably turn off most of the people who care about his series in the first place.

I'm not shooting down because of who he is or trolling is fun, but it doesn't make sense to do it on a number of levels. He's got other projects he wants to work on that would be a better use of his time, anyway.

Holy shit a movie? Awesome.

Kulock said:
I don't want to sound like some predictable troll going, "Yeah, whatever," but his web series is one thing, he already makes some copyright accommodations for the DVDs, which are on just a limited release. A full movie... and it's clear he means something much bigger than Nostalgia Critic's Kickassia, it sounds completely unrealistic. It might barely make a few film festivals (and PAX), but too big and someone's going to go after him for use of their IPs anyway. Unless he makes just about everything generic except for the one big game he gets clearance for, which would probably turn off most of the people who care about his series in the first place.

I'm not shooting down because of who he is or trolling is fun, but it doesn't make sense to do it on a number of levels. He's got other projects he wants to work on that would be a better use of his time, anyway.

At the very least you can expect him to release DVD's via online store like he's been doing with his webstore.

I can't imagine it being in theaters of any kind though. I admit I got excited during that first bit but than I got grounded back into reality.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
watching it now and I IMMEDIATELY thought of Rygar when I heard that theme music and lo and behold :lol :lol :lol

Demigod Mac said:
First episode where all the alcohol imbibed had an effect on him! :lol
I think he did a halloween video years ago where he passed out drunk and then Freddy Kruger showed up in his dream to make him play the shitty Nightmare on Elm Street NES game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dammit Nerd! Stop releasing your video after midnight! I have to go to bed before that and i missed it. Now i gotta wait until late this afternoon to watch it because of my job.
And apparently it's a very good episode. Fuck.

Yeah I see Jekyll, did you see him? He just keeps walking, he keeps fuckin' walkin, I DON'T LIKE HIM, HE'S AN ASSHOLE

:lol :lol :lol

:lol @ him getting continuously drunker on the floor.

How many of you guys ever experienced Dr. Jekyll & Mr. HYDE? I had the pleasure of playing this many years ago with the kids in my neighborhood. They got it as a hand me down from their cousin or something. That first 10 seconds of footage pretty much an exact duplicate of my experience with this game.

Top Bottom