• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Cow Mengde said:
Hmm, I don't think this is the real new one.

Here's what I says on his site a few days ago.

We didn't see anything new from Mike in that video.

Yeah, it's worth remembering that the new episodes are due on the second Wednesday of each month. So, the new episode should come out tomorrow night.

Ballistik said:
Doesn't he usually announce when the episodes are posted too? There's no mention of this video on his website..

Yup, he does that.

Also, whether you like a video or not, James isn't one to be lazy and pass off a clip show as something new. He did mention a lot of clips being used so that was probably referring to this. The new pictures from Mike aren't there so it's likely 2 different episodes.

big_z

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, it's worth remembering that the new episodes are due on the second Wednesday of each month. So, the new episode should come out tomorrow night.

so he's only doing one episode a month now? bi-weekly releases was perfect but monthly seems like too much of a gap.

Oh well since this is been bumped, there is another James Rolfe related video I can share.

This is Deadliest Character by Spoony. It features James as a guest scientist rooting for Mechagodzilla. Hilarious spoof of Deadliest Warrior.

Megazord Vs Mechagodzilla

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/12/05/the-deadliest-character/

Nope no videos, my friend did take a bunch of pictures but I'm still waiting for him to upload them.

Awesome, please share them when they're up. I couldn't go because I had work that day.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Cow Mengde said:
Weird, why it is up on his Youtube account so soon? Must be some sort of mistake.

I guess there's been some sort of change with ScrewAttack's contract with GameTrailers?

JADS

ZealousD said:
I guess there's been some sort of change with ScrewAttack's contract with GameTrailers?

I don't get why James is still with Screwattack... Awesome yet different epsiode so far.

ZealousD said:

That doesn't make sense though since he just uploaded that other video to Gametrailers last night. Besides, he doesn't get paid on youtube.

Cow Mengde said:
That doesn't make sense though since he just uploaded that other video to Gametrailers last night. Besides, he doesn't get paid on youtube.
if enough people watch it you get paid.

Gametrailers would be crazy to let the nerd go SA and the Nerd get A LOT of traffic to their site, the nerd has at least 700K views on GT per ep.
So I think the plan for the video was the release it on X-mas day or something but maybe a little miscommunication that is all I can think of.

OT I really enjoyed the yt video great style and liked the rimes.

Yeah, I don't think GT let him go. I think it was some scheduling problem that caused this.

I knew there was a reason James said there would be tons of art from Mike. It was a really fun to watch episode. I wish he could talk about the games a little longer, but I get what he's trying to do with this episode.

Defuser

Did he just make fun of fist of the north star? I thought he would be the type that watch the show of why Ken walks and exploding people.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dude needs to hit up a gym. Like, just to get a LITTLE definition. Like, just physically be masculine even a little. Shit would be a YUGE benefit to the dude's efforts.

Defuser said:
Did he just make fun of fist of the north star? I thought he would be the type that watch the show of why Ken walks and exploding people.

It's possible he's never heard of the series before and considering his first and possibly only experience is with an absolute shitball of a game...well why not make fun of it?

BobsRevenge said:
Dude needs to hit up a gym. Like, just to get a LITTLE definition. Like, just physically be masculine even a little. Shit would be a YUGE benefit to the dude's efforts.

ok...

I appreciate the ambition but as usual I find these "epic" episodes to be too much concentration of flash and not enough on substances. Not to much funny material in here.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
It's possible he's never heard of the series before and considering his first and possibly only experience is with an absolute shitball of a game...well why not make fun of it?

It couldn't possibly be worse than the Genesis game.

Let me in

BobsRevenge said:
Huh? Nerds aren't supposed to be in shape :lol And I'm not sure where you saw him with his shirt off...

I think that would have been better if he had completely stayed out of the reviews and just mentioned them. They felt kind of out of place.

I cried, though.....I always cry when nostalgia hits.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
BobsRevenge said:
...Yuge?

Mzo

BobsRevenge said:

Yeah, that would definitely help me masturbate to his videos more effectively.

Gary Whitta said:
Wow, was Superman 64 really that bad? I'd heard stories, but... man! :lol :lol :lol

Superman 64 is one of those rare things that are so horrible, it actually lives up to every bad thing said about it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So THAT'S how you go into doors in Fist of the North Star.

Hell, I BEAT that game, and whenever I got to a door I'd just mash buttons. :lol

Jackano

Not a great year for the AVGN. Ok he wanted to take a break, I hope in 2011 he will retrieve his style and some really shitty games to review.

I didn't like the Christmas special 2010, but wow @ Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Eureka composer) doing the score!

Top Bottom